Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $79.99 (Target through Amazon)

GuardianE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I know this is pretty early, but the discount coupled with Amazon's free shipping (or Prime shipping) makes this worth mentioning for those who love Resident Evil, I think. And there's always the chance it'll hit your Goldbox. It's got plenty of time to yet. ;) I apologize to those who don't think this is a deal.

Basically, $10 off the Collector's Edition for both PS3 and 360... unless they're planning some sort of unannounced price drop.

:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223562026&sr=8-3

:360: http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223562026&sr=8-4

No one's said what's to be included in the Collector's Edition, but if previous Capcom titles are any indication a Steelbook with a bonus disc is a given. With the large pricetag, I think Capcom will put out something relatively big for it. They usually don't skimp too badly on the CEs.

Oh, and there's also 5% off the Regular Edition of the 360 version, making it $56.99, but that's more of the typical discount that Amazon's been doing with a lot of pre-orders. No such luck for the PS3 Regular yet.

EDIT: THIS SHIPS THROUGH TARGET AND IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SHIPPING. You may, however, ask Amazon if they'll price adjust it for you. YMMV on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, $84.99 is Amazon, Target is $79.99.

I think I'm going to get the most bare bones version possible.

Oh, I just realized. It's shipped through Target, but it's also via Amazon... Sorry guys.

Personally, I had the thing already reserved because it was in my Goldbox. When I saw this price, I just asked for a price adjustment and got it. You might want to try the same. I'm not sure if they usually will match a listed price on their site like that, but it's worth a shot and worked for me. I have it right now as a pre-order for $75.99.

[quote name='monkeydeew']this has been preordered at gs for about a month[/quote]

Gamestop has it listed as $89.99. And you have to pay tax. Tax on $89.99 can be messy.
For me, the difference is $95.39 --> $79.99 plus Goldbox.

[quote name='Serpentor']Damn, whatever happened to $80 CEs... I'll wait for more info on what's in this damn CE, before making a decision.[/quote]

I figured I'd lock in the price early, as there's the pre-order price guarantee and you can cancel from Amazon at any time.

[quote name='mhnajjar']Why are you pre-ordering this game now while its release date is March 09??????[/quote]

Because it's zero money down, it's at a discounted price, I can cancel any time, and I'm going to be getting it anyway. Those are all good reasons, in my opinion.

I pre-order ANY Collector's Edition of a game that becomes available in my Goldbox as soon as it hits Amazon to lock in a price, just in case the price of the Collector's Edition goes up before launch. It's happened before. There's no hassle. If it doesn't go down, I just cancel the pre-order.

I've have MK vs. DCU Kollector's Edition locked in for $56.99 (MSRP $69.99) as a result and am still waiting on possibly getting Call of Duty: WaW Collector's Edition for $19.99 (MSRP $79.99).

The CoD:WaW is a price mistake, i don't know if Amazon gonna honor it or not... They canceled my Mission Impossible collection BD order (it was $20 something for all three movies). Not only a cancellation of the mispriced MI BD, but also the other items in the order (another movie or something to get free shipping over $25). They might let the CoD:WaW go through, it all depends how many people placed the order

They may and they may not, I agree. I'm still waiting, as the CSR said that she noted on my account that they will honor the price mistake when the game becomes available again. It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm still holding out for it. MKvDCU ended up saving me some cabbage though.

I don't think anyone even knows what's in the LE yet for this. I have the regular version at $54 so I think I'm going to stick with that.

I'm seeing a trend of LE's offering less for more these days.

[quote name='OGHowie']Amazon won't honor price mistakes for other vendors. Canceled my Half Life Espisode One 360 order a while back.[/quote]

Maybe it was a mistake, but I got mine price adjusted to $79.99. This was before I even noticed that it was being sold by Target. I had already pre-ordered the game from Amazon over a month ago.

I'll wait lol we got plenty of time still someone can have an exclusive and the savings here are not that much. I'm jealous of all you tax free Amazon.com shoppers, i've got a warehouse 15 minutes from my house so no tax free for me. :(

bread's done
Back