Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#271 io

io

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:17 AM

since the GS coupon sucks this week, whats the chance of the 1st page of this thread being updated for those who have the cellfire coupon? seems like it never gets updated very much...except for stuff getting crossed out...theres gotta be some flips out there, it we just all think really hard we can find 'em lol ;o)

The second post is not dependent on any particular GS deal - that's why I show the original GS sales price before any promos. You can figure it out from there based on any particular coupon or deal. I don't see how the cellfire coupon changes anything since it is almost identical to last week's promo.

#272 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

I never thought to mention this but this might help anyone with a Smartphone abusing Cellfire:

I have a Palm Centro and the Blazer browser is able to save pages. I saved a copy of the Main Page showing they offer 20% off used and 30% extra trade. I then generate a code for one of each and save those pages.

@ Gamestop:
I go to my Main Page bookmark and show them what I'm about to use.
Then I tell them "gimme a second I'll click around to get the code"
I open up one of my bookmarks with the saved pages for whichever coupon i'm using and it looks just as if I clicked the page.

I dunno if it'll help many here, but it's allowed me to use the code way more than the "3 views" allotted.

Also, for anyone that doesn't have a data plan but has a phone that can display pictures in fullscreen, I'd be glad to help the fellow CAGer with screenshots of the 3 pages and the latest discount codes. Tell me your screen's resolution and all you'd have to do is find a way to get the photos on your phone and display them as I instructed to the GS employee. I also saw someone wanting a copy of Scene It, send me a PM and we can work out a deal if you throw me a couple gallons of gas for the trip out there (already helped a fellow CAG with one). Speaking of which (man, i'm getting longwinded), if anyone would be willing to do the same for me with GTA4 SE @ $22 please send me a PM.

#273 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:50 AM

Bad news. 2 employees at my local BBV now know about CAG.com. They asked me if i knew anything about it. I said no of course.:roll: He wrote the website down on my receipt and told me to check it out. Says they have found new ways to game the system and i should take advantage of it as well. Yes thats right i had 2 BBV employees not only admiting to flipping but trying to get me, a customer, to also game the system. WOW:drool: I say bad news because more competition in the area for flippable titles and now im sure they will just hold all the BBV flippable games in the back so they can buy them.:bomb: good news was they said they were too broke to start flipping at the moment. :D

Rather poor move on their part to go around "recruiting".#-o

Anyway, be sure to wave, 'cause they're watching you right now...:wave:

#274 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:03 AM

Just got back from a much needed long vacation . Anyway BB stores are receiving their Holiday prep guide this weekend. Three interesting things to note:

1) Employee Discounts for Employee Appreciation (Dec. 8-22)
Drinks, Confection, DVD's(new and used) Blu-Ray (new and used), Ice Cream, Popcorn, Licensed Product, Framed Art, Music CD's, Used Hardware, Used game software are all 30% off

New Games, New and used game accessories are all 20% off. everything else is the same.

2) Consumer Electronics (pg.45)
-Program to take effect Tuesday, Nov. 4th
-These productswill be shipped last week of October.

1900 stores selected to receive the "Full Assortment"
of Consumer Electronics. This includes:
-Archos 605 (Some sort of movie downloader thing)
-Archos Battery Dock
-Archos DVR Station
-Portable DVD Player
-Samsung Blu-Ray Player
-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player
-Sylvania Blu-Ray Player
-Sony Home Theatre System
-7" Pandigital Picture Frame

ALL REMAINING STORES WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING "STANDARD ASSORTMENT" OF CONSUMER ELECTRONICS

-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player
-Coby Portable DVD Player
-Pandigital 7" Digital Picture Frame

ALL CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE ANY DVD PLAYER, BLU-RAY PLAYER OR HOME THEATRE SYSTEM WILL RECEIVE 4 FREE RENTALS.

ALSO PURCHASERS OF ARCHOS 605 GET 1 FREE MOVIE PURCHASE DOWNLOAD.

3) Apparently stores will all have a holiday focal wall that will sell movie titles, board games, licensed product, bundles, video games and calendars.

****No mention of the giftcards but this holiday guide seemed to focus on the larger changes.

Hope the info helps some. I work open to close tomorrow so I should have the price updates for the weekend after midnight tomorrow. My apologies for the wall of text.

#275 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

Just got back from a much needed long vacation . Anyway BB stores are receiving their Holiday prep guide this weekend. Three interesting things to note:

1) Employee Discounts for Employee Appreciation (Dec. 8-22)
Drinks, Confection, DVD's(new and used) Blu-Ray (new and used), Ice Cream, Popcorn, Licensed Product, Framed Art, Music CD's, Used Hardware, Used game software are all 30% off

New Games, New and used game accessories are all 20% off. everything else is the same.

-Archos Battery Dock
-Archos DVR Station
-Portable DVD Player
-Samsung Blu-Ray Player
-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player
-Sylvania Blu-Ray Player

ALL REMAINING STORES WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING "STANDARD ASSORTMENT" OF CONSUMER ELECTRONICS

-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player

ALL CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASE ANY DVD PLAYER, BLU-RAY PLAYER OR HOME THEATRE SYSTEM WILL RECEIVE 4 FREE RENTALS.

ALSO PURCHASERS OF ARCHOS 605 GET 1 FREE MOVIE PURCHASE DOWNLOAD.

3) Apparently stores will all have a holiday focal wall that will sell movie titles, board games, licensed product, bundles, video games and calendars.

****No mention of the giftcards but this holiday guide seemed to focus on the larger changes.

Hope the info helps some. I work open to close tomorrow so I should have the price updates for the weekend after midnight tomorrow. My apologies for the wall of text.

OMG, this is exciting. I partially creamed my pants. This 30% off employee appreciation thing, this is for the non-employed consumers?

#276 Capa

Capa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:18 AM

Well I was finally told today that corporate would not be opening my account. They said they have lost too much money accepting my trades, since they view credits out as a loss. I asked if they didn't appreciate the 17,000 in purchases I had made. O well. I have 2 people already trading for me. I traded in $650 worth of games to start the week, moved it all to GS, bought a wii and wii fit, and am starting to buy games to flip back to BB. The nice thing is that since I haven't been flipping for the last few weeks very much, all the BBs are loaded with Spyro, FEAR, Timeshift, etc...and all the GSs are loaded with flips too. I'm going to be splitting most of my profit from now on with whoever is trading in for me though.

I found Mario Party 7 and Mario Tennis in a store today, so I've got to take those along with Zelda TP for GC and Pokemon Channel in to my favorite GS and use the cellfire coupon on those

#277 TheGuido

TheGuido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:19 AM

No it's an employee discount. Sorry you misunderstood.

#278 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:39 AM

Hmmm...home theater system you say? I've been needing one of those.

#279 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:43 PM

Just a shame they chose a shoddy product like the Archos. They should've gone with Cowon, but I'm sure Archos was cheaper for them.

538822.png

#280 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

The Archos actually seems a bit pricey...I wonder what size they are getting

https://store.archos..._info.php?id=62

#281 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

dumb if you ask me. I want more of those flip cameras, i would actually buy one now.
PM me for Lockerz invites.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#282 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

Went to CC and found:

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors: GUNDAM - 2x @ $11 and change each
:ps3: NBA 08 - x2 @ $6 and change
:wii: Alone in the Dark - x3 @ $11 and change each

Also stopped by a Target and found :360:DBZ: Burst Limit $14.88. I'm not sure if this one's a good BBV flip, but I'm guessing so (kinda wanna keep it).

Going to BBV on my lunch break @ 7 and comeback and confirm the TIVs.

On another note, my first 2 copies of Wii Sports on eBay finished at $10 each. Does this happen often?

#283 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

Went to CC and found:

Also stopped by a Target and found :360:DBZ: Burst Limit $14.88. I'm not sure if this one's a good BBV flip, but I'm guessing so (kinda wanna keep it).

On another note, my first 2 copies of Wii Sports on eBay finished at $10 each. Does this happen often?

is CC havin another 30% off clearance sale that I don't know about?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#284 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Oh man...BB Selling BD players? Can't wait for them to go on clearance right after the Holidays or getting some cheap games to flip over there to get a few players dirt cheap.

#285 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

It's some friends and family thing I believe. There's a scan of the flyer in the Circuit City Sept. Clearance thread.

Here it is

#286 froggiegames

froggiegames

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

dbz ps3 trades for $30+ tax at bbv. and the trick with wii sports is to list them as a buy it now. $10.00 hahaha, to bad i didn't snipe them :booty:or did I? hmm...

Went to CC and found:

#287 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

dbz ps3 trades for $30+ tax at bbv. and the trick with wii sports is to list them as a buy it now. $10.00 hahaha, to bad i didn't snipe them :booty:or did I? hmm...

i think most blockbusters don't add tax to the TIV, at least all the ones that i've been to haven't.

dbz for ps3 is $30 & i believe the 360 version is $28.50

#288 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

You're doing it wrong. I've never had one sell for less then 20 + shipping (4)

#289 froggiegames

froggiegames

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

He takes no cake ! In September thanks to the 25%off GS coup and b2g1 deal and target clearence Froggiegames flipped for 9 pokemon ds bundles and 1 Wii Fit.

With that said, a big huge thanks goes out to the gamers posting all there finds and trade in prices. It means a lot to me and it's been a ton of fun snagging EOJ's etc :)

So thanks to everyone !

I agree. Thats fucking ridiculous. - im sure theres some more closet kunai'ers out there but for now, he takes the cake

#290 elmyra

elmyra

King of the Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

-Archos Battery Dock
-Archos DVR Station
-Portable DVD Player
-Samsung Blu-Ray Player
-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player
-Sylvania Blu-Ray Player

-Samsung DVD Player
-Sony Blu-Ray Player

I don't see any televisions in that list...I hope the Land o' Lakes store is going to be getting some. Or any store in the Tampa Bay area, for that matter.

#291 froggiegames

froggiegames

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

The BBV's in NY add the tax :) It's awesome !

i think most blockbusters don't add tax to the TIV, at least all the ones that i've been to haven't.

dbz for ps3 is $30 & i believe the 360 version is $28.50

#292 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

God this f'ing sucks. Called the BB that didn't know how to trade hoping somebody else would be in and there was another person who told me that they HAVE To HAVE the barcode and scan the game in. I told them I've had other BB's accept games by looking them up but either the employee doesn't feel like doing any work or she's just plain dumb. I'm going to try calling around to some other BB and try and see if there are any that actually know what they're doing.

Update: Called BB customer service: clueless. Has no idea about anything.
Called another BB and said that if they had a copy of the regular edition on shelf he could scan that one and give the trade value to me. sounded promising and then after being on hold for a few minutes he tells me he can't do it. I need a lot of help on this one guys...any advice?

Update 2: Last resort I may have to trade to GS. Does anyone know if Gamestops will allow me to return a game to a store I didn't buy at? The store with alone in the dark was kind of far.
Almost forgot, apparently there's a "memo" that an employee mentioned saying that no more games can be looked up by name and only barcodes.

Edited by vanilla_shakin_it, 10 October 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#293 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

wow i was hoping for a surround sound system this black friday. if that sony home theatre is actually decent and my bbv gets them in stock, i might have to do some serious flipping to get enough credit for it.

#294 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Does anyone know if Gamestops will allow me to return a game to a store I didn't buy at? The store with alone in the dark was kind of far.

Alot of us do this to get the extra 30% power trade for games, then return it at a different store. I've prolly done it 10 or so times with both new and used games, I think the only thing u cant do is cancel a pre-order at a store you didn't make it at.

#295 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

yessir, I found a pdf somewhere (i think it was this very thread that i saw it) and cleaned out CC of the good ones. Is NCAA March Madness 08 for ps3 a viable flip? I think that one rings up at $6 and change as well.

EDIT: Question answered already, I'm dumb.

#296 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

well it's been a while since i've posted my credit transfer trips...but here's the basic outline of what i've been doing for a while and most recently:

Total Credit @ BBV = $107
Total Credit @ GS = $254

Pre-ordered:

Gears of War 2 LE
Little Big Planet
Guitar Hero On Tour (Game Only)

Bought for myself:

LEGO Star Wars II (GameCube) - $6.99
PSN $20 Card

and i have a job interview for GameStop on tuesday (hopefully) so that will be even better for me to flip during my lunch break bwahahahahahaha...tho i def won't be doing it as much so i may keep my job O_o

since last day of the whole $5 bonus is tomorrow i am going to go again one more time and see what i can unload...hoping to hit the $300 mark at gamestop...but we shall see!

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#297 io

io

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

It's some friends and family thing I believe. There's a scan of the flyer in the Circuit City Sept. Clearance thread.

So, the question is, is the 30% automatic? Someone said yesterday it wasn't working and they had to manually adjust. I have a receipt I can adjust but I'm only going to bother if those prices are automatic now as I don't have the flier (and printing one is always YMMV - they'll just say it doesn't apply there).

since last day of the whole $5 bonus is tomorrow i am going to go again one more time and see what i can unload...hoping to hit the $300 mark at gamestop...but we shall see!

It should be good THROUGH the 12th - ie, Sunday.

#298 Cannonball0828

Cannonball0828

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Can someone explain to me exactly how this works? Do you buy games at blockbuster, then trade them into gamestop? I've been reading and i'm kinda confused.

#299 io

io

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

Can someone explain to me exactly how this works? Do you buy games at blockbuster, then trade them into gamestop? I've been reading and i'm kinda confused.

Yes, but that's only worth doing if you already have Blockbuster credit. It is not worth it at all to use cash to buy games at BB to trade to GS - it is only a slightly better than even trade if you pick the right games. Plus that all ends after Sunday when the $5 bonus at GS is over.

it is easier to buy games from GS and trade to BB - read the second post on the first page.

#300 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

Read first two posts.
=========================
Posted Image