Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#4711 io

io

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:38 AM

IO DMC4 (while an AMAZING game) is $19.99 at BBV so im sure it gets like $12 or something

$19.99 used? My list in the OP has it on sale new for $27.99 but those are usually promo prices and the used can often be as high (or higher) so I had some slim hope. Oh well ;).

If you think it is that great I'll keep one though. I wasn't overwhelmed with the demo. I'm not a hack-n-slash kind of guy, especially if it is frustratingly difficult.

Edit - As I'm sitting here surfing CAG UPS just delivered 3 more boxes from Amazon (after USPS delivered one earlier today). I guess my NBA 09's are here ;). (I ordered lots of other stuff to keep as well)

#4712 weevles

weevles

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

Agreed with DMC4 @ Target--it was one of the few available clearance games I could find and there were lots and lots of them.

#4713 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what site did you go through? I've actually been thinking about investing some money in BlockBuster as well.

I went through Sharebuilder. There was $20 in fees, but at the amount I was buying, it didnt make much of a difference.

538822.png

#4714 frankcastle

frankcastle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

just went and snagged 2 of the singstar bundles for 9.98 at sears. how do you go about trading those in to bb? i never did flip any eoj so do you just take it all in and have them look it up or do you put the upc from the bundle in the case?

#4715 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:11 AM

Just to bring a ray of sunshine to the thread...

B1G1 free ($14.99 and under, used) starts Dec. 23rd and will go until sometime at the beginning of January.

To add to the good news, keep in mind that Gamestop typically has a B2G1 free every year right after Christmas... another perfect storm?!? :bouncy:
Posted Image

#4716 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

B1G1 free ($14.99 and under, used) starts Dec. 23rd and will go until sometime at the beginning of January.

To add to the good news, keep in mind that Gamestop typically has a B2G1 free every year right after Christmas... another perfect storm?!? :bouncy:

Oh shit.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#4717 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

I fuckin love you Warner. Thanks for the good news. I'm fairly certain that I just had a n3rdgasm. Is BBV open on the 24th and 25th? I wish I was jewish or something, so I wouldn't have to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family. I would go crazy flipping with no traffic on the road (if GS and BBV were even open).

#4718 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:33 AM

IS this on all systems? or will it just be for 360 and PS2?

#4719 io

io

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

Nice. But too bad the current GS trade-in deal ends around then. Hopefully the $10 bonus for 2 next gen titles will return right afterwards, though, as it is a necessary ingredient for the perfect storm.

But now I wish I had held off buying that Super Swing Golf Season 2 the other day. I know for sure I'll hold off on buying Spiderwick Chronicles, now, though.

Thanks a ton for the super-advance warning (seriously, I don't think we've ever gotten this much advance warning of a Blockbuster sale before). And just when I was wondering where you had gone off to Warner :lol:.

#4720 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

I guess I wont be grabbing any Visa's then, I'll jsut wait and cash out at the B1G1, MY boss gave me afew days off around christmas so i will be taking a road trip!!

#4721 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

Nice. But too bad the current GS trade-in deal ends around then. Hopefully the $10 bonus for 2 next gen titles will return right afterwards, though, as it is a necessary ingredient for the perfect storm.

Very true. The only thing better for me than Visas is flipping back to GS for double or triple the credit.

#4722 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:59 AM

TIV 12/08/09

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - $35.00

#4723 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:00 AM

My BBV has a decent amount of PS2 games, but what are the only 'good' ones to look for? I looked through the list on the GS tier thread but its so long and the font is little and my eyes are hurting.

#4724 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

My BBV has a decent amount of PS2 games, but what are the only 'good' ones to look for? I looked through the list on the GS tier thread but its so long and the font is little and my eyes are hurting.

It depends on what BBV has I guess. Seems like nearly every BBV has 1 metal slug anthology (ps2) converted rental.

Has Guitar hero rocks the 80's hit 14.99 yet? Even if that's not a good flip, it's still an okay deal for $7.50 to keep.

In the weeks leading up to this sale, it would probably be a good idea for all of us to try to take inventory of what our stores have under 14.99. Remember some Wii and Ps3 games might still shoot up to 16.99.

#4725 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

if u want to trade singstar ps3, keep the original packaging since it has a different barcode then the game. I just did mine an hour ago. $36.

Wall.e x360 is 19.

#4726 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

do they shoot stuff up for the sale? games that is, not drugs, lol.

#4727 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

do they shoot stuff up for the sale? games that is, not drugs, lol.

They have in the past. UGH I'm gonna be in Miami for vacation during the sale guess ya can't win em all :) Looks like I'll need to flip a bunch of Oblivions to make up for it.

#4728 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

Someone in the Gamestop trade-in thread mentioned a few days ago that the trade 2 -> $10 bonus was returning in January, after the tiered trade promotion is ending. Plus, I definitely remember a B2G1 sale for the last two years starting the day after Christmas at Gamestop. This would come at a great time for me, since I'll have a few days at my parent's homes where I've got access to several additional Gamestops and BBVs.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#4729 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

The only thing I'm worried about is holliday shoppers buying out all the cheap games before the sale, MY store has already lost aton of stock in the last couple days!!

#4730 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hopefully everything comes together around the same time because I am in desperate need of GS credit due to my idiocy of never taking full advantage and going hog wild during the perfect storm (I managed to get up to the triple digits there in the last weekend) and all the hollywoods were cleaned out by a single guy in my entire city. Wondering if I can convince anybody to drive me down to the BB and get dark knight at midnight (I usually stay up extremely late anyways).

#4731 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

They have in the past. UGH I'm gonna be in Miami for vacation during the sale guess ya can't win em all :) Looks like I'll need to flip a bunch of Oblivions to make up for it.

Just do some stuff wihle you are there, last christmas I spent a morning out before the family christmas and hit several places in the town i visiting, It was a great trip, the pawn shops were bulging with cipoies of FFVII!!!

#4732 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

Hopefully everything comes together around the same time because I am in desperate need of GS credit due to my idiocy of never taking full advantage and going hog wild during the perfect storm (I managed to get up to the triple digits there in the last weekend) and all the hollywoods were cleaned out by a single guy in my entire city. Wondering if I can convince anybody to drive me down to the BB and get dark knight at midnight (I usually stay up extremely late anyways).

all the gas stations around here have been slling it all weekend, but it's the full screen version.

#4733 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

Scored a Vanilla Visa (50$) and (25$) today after flipping a copy of Legendary and Oblivion GOtY for the 360 (used a bit of cash at GS and the remaining like 14$ I had at blockbuster).

Im completely drained of all GS and BBV credit for sure now.

Io, you asked how people were drained after stocking up on all of the HWV credit and perfect storm credit: It was pretty easy for me, I picked up a 160 GB PS3 system bundle (from gamestop) for my sister's family for Christmas, an Xbox 360 bundle for myself (my old one RRoD without a warranty, from BBV), grabbed LBP/DS3 (with the cellfire) as a partial gift from my parents to my nephews (since they are gaming incompetant), 7x 25$ chili's/red lobster gift cards for cheap-ass Christmas gifts for coworkers, a 20$ psn network card for myself, and a handful (9) of "new" release used games at the last b2g1 sale, a few of the 14.99 and 19.99 blu-rays (i am legend, troy, pan's labyrinth) for my uncle for xmas (I buy used for myself, since most of those were 2.70 @ GS) the Vanilla Visas. At first, when I went over all the stuff I have gotten... I thought "wow," but it was all credit that has paid for itself 3 times over by now (I've been selling those ps2 network adapters for 45$ ea (sold 8 thus far and 2 more to go) and... recouped every cent of initial investment and then some.

This last bit of the year was a bit of a flipping whirlwind, but I feel like I'm definitely encroaching on the limit (considering I've supplemented 2 peoples gaming habits now with flip credit). I may keep these Visas to continue flipping, though...

I do know that I've been waiting for Oblivion on the PS3 to drop down in price and now, it appears to have dropped down to 26.99 (26.99 on the search, 49.99 when you bring up to find copies near you) as well. I tried to play the copy of the 360 version, but it had a bit of surface scratching... so I figured I'll hold off until a 20% off ps3 coupon. Just for the forum, I asked if the PS3 version of GOTY oblivion was similar in value... and he told me yes and quoted the same TIV... I assume he looked it up, but who knows... he seemed a bit annoyed that I got 70$ for oblivion and Legendary *shrug*

#4734 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:52 AM

For those who just picked up visa card and have a ps3. Amazon is selling ds3 for $41.

#4735 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

I fuckin love you Warner. Thanks for the good news. I'm fairly certain that I just had a n3rdgasm. Is BBV open on the 24th and 25th? I wish I was jewish or something, so I wouldn't have to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my family. I would go crazy flipping with no traffic on the road (if GS and BBV were even open).

Glad I could devote soe happiness this holiday season ;). BBV is open EVERY day of the year, so yes you can get your holiday shopping on the 25th as well. Your local BBV will probably open later/close earlier than usual, so check the hours on their front door (or call them) to find out.

IS this on all systems? or will it just be for 360 and PS2?

Technically it's for all systems. However, in the past, BBV has raised the prices on the PS3 and Wii games so that they are higher than 14.99, making them not qualify. Nonetheless, there is no stipulation that it is for select systems... only that the prices must be 14.99 and less.

But now I wish I had held off buying that Super Swing Golf Season 2 the other day. I know for sure I'll hold off on buying Spiderwick Chronicles, now, though.

Thanks a ton for the super-advance warning (seriously, I don't think we've ever gotten this much advance warning of a Blockbuster sale before). And just when I was wondering where you had gone off to Warner :lol:.

Not sure about the trade-in bonus at GS... that's why I put the question mark after the perfect storm- knew we were missing something. As for where I've been... Fuck dude, I'm so busy my wife hasn't even seen me for more than 10 minutes at a time. Between being a store manager (I'm quitting sometime in 09), having my research job, taking 30 credits at school, and flying all over the country for pharmacy school interviews- I've had to stop flipping!!! Last time I walked into a GS was when my wife dragged me there. How's that for a wtf?? At least I'll have time off from both school and one of my jobs to where I'll be able to flip for the week after Christmas.
Posted Image

#4736 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

Have the b1g1 sale always been automatic or is there something extra that needs to be scanned in? I remember that some employees will give you trouble about matching up pairs of games in the wrong order but other than that I can't remember any trouble people have had.

#4737 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:14 AM

Have the b1g1 sale always been automatic or is there something extra that needs to be scanned in? I remember that some employees will give you trouble about matching up pairs of games in the wrong order but other than that I can't remember any trouble people have had.

Its automatically done by the system. If the cashier is nice, they'll hit total after scanning every two items (meaning if you sort them by price, you get a $14.99 and a free $14.99; $9.99 and a free $9.99).

If they're being assholes, they'll scan everything and wait til the end and hit total, making only the cheapest games go free and making you pay for the expensive ones.

If they refuse to hit the total button every two items, just separate your items by price and do multiple transactions.

538822.png

#4738 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:18 AM

It's been automatic. When I (and a number of other CAGS) went out the first morning of the first day of the last B1G1, they weren't ringing up as advertised (the system wasn't updated or something). This was nationwide.

I literally bought at least 40 games (not too many duplicates :-P) and they had to price adjust each one a few times. It took them literally an hour to ring me up. I receipt was about 5 feet long because they deleted and added each game a number of times. A few hours later I came back and bought more games and the pricing was automatic from then on.

Just keep this in mind if you head out early.

#4739 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

Oh Fuck Warner, you just signed my death sentence. BBV open every day of the year, and the B1G! starting right before Xmas? My girlfriend is going to kill me -- kill me -- for wanting to stop at pretty much every Blockbuster Video from my mom's place to her parent's house in the bourroughs when we drive out there on Christmas morning.

But OMG this is going to be awesome. I might just have to pick her up on the 23rd, leaving bright and early.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4740 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

Oh Fuck Warner, you just signed my death sentence. BBV open every day of the year, and the B1G! starting right before Xmas? My girlfriend is going to kill me -- kill me -- for wanting to stop at pretty much every Blockbuster Video from my mom's place to her parent's house in the bourroughs when we drive out there on Christmas morning.

But OMG this is going to be awesome. I might just have to pick her up on the 23rd, leaving bright and early.

See Warner, you thought you were delivering good news, but you're inadvertently pissing off countless girlfriends and wives accross America. Good job sir ;)