The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#4921 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

And surprisingly, people buy the overpriced DVDs.

Did anyone have trouble finding the GOTY editions of Oblivion at their local Gamestops? I stopped by 2 stores that supposedly have the GOTY edition and I couldn't find them. I saw the regular Oblivions, but not the GOTY editions.

Found 5 copies at 4 stores but 2 of them were scratched to hell

#4922 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

How much was the used Left 4 Dead?

He's talking about at Gamestop. (i.e. - look at gamestop.com)
Posted Image

#4923 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:59 AM

Just a little extra info to those who are flipping Oblivion GOTY... if you own a 360 and a regular copy of oblivion, install the GOTY content before trading it in. Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles for free, that's all I'm saying.

My Friend told me that but I forgot before I traded it. boo.

#4924 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

And surprisingly, people buy the overpriced DVDs.

Did anyone have trouble finding the GOTY editions of Oblivion at their local Gamestops? I stopped by 2 stores that supposedly have the GOTY edition and I couldn't find them. I saw the regular Oblivions, but not the GOTY editions.

I had this problem at 3 different stores that supposedly had it. I thought I'd have a ton of these, but it looks like I'll just have 4. It's too bad Smash Court Tennis is such as hassle to trade in. I picked up 3, knowing I probably would have trouble at my BBVs, but one of my Gamestops had 22 copies! I couldn't believe it. I could have really cashed in on that one.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#4925 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:18 AM

My local BB doesn't allow the purchase of gift cards (Macy's, PSN, XBL, etc) with BB gift cards. Apparently it is a new store policy that is going around. I hope it is just this store cause I want to pick up a couple of PSN cards, since there isn't anything worth getting at overpriced BB.

#4926 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

My local BB doesn't allow the purchase of gift cards (Macy's, PSN, XBL, etc) with BB gift cards. Apparently it is a new store policy that is going around. I hope it is just this store cause I want to pick up a couple of PSN cards, since there isn't anything worth getting at overpriced BB.

I can understand Macys, VV and the like, but PSN and XBL are actual retail merchandise cards, not retail currency.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#4927 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

Full Auto 2 should be on clearance at Sears for $4. BBVTIV is $11.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#4928 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Looks like I will need to cash out ASAP in order to get that new laptop off amazon 8-)

#4929 deadlykeyboard

deadlykeyboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:30 AM

Man, it'd suck to not be able to even get a chance to buy a VV before BB gets wise to us >_<;

#4930 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

Anyone know the TIV of battlestations midway for 360?
There are stacks of them sitting at kmart on clearance for $3.

#4931 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

People have been posting about this all week, I guess they just act like they are using a credit card, but then push gift card and swipe it.

#4932 jraypeon

jraypeon

I've made a huge mistake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:38 AM

I went back to the Blockbuster I got refused at and sucessfully bought a $100 VV. The CSR wasn't a manager so that probably helped.

He even asked how I was paying and I said value card, he didn't say anything except "You know there will be a 5.95 activation fee right?"

#4933 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

received my 7 copies of Wii sport today. All looks good.

I just went to my local Ralphs supermarket and they're selling a lot of store gift cards; home depot, Trus, kohl's, best buy, Amex, etc. Another way to use vv, so you dot need to worry about the balance.

#4934 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:52 AM

Luckily singstar bundle can be searched via website
http://www.sears.com...05_05896250000P

Thanks, i couldnt figure how to do this last night while i was studing for finals. Anyway one of the stores that supposedly has it available doesn't have it. I just checked a couple hours ago. So I'm thinking this might not be 100% accurate or up to date. Maybe someone just snatched it before me and the site hasn't updated it yet.

#4935 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:05 AM

sry if this has already been posted but I'm really tired and dont feel like reading back too far

smash court tennis 8.99->15
Oblivion GOTY PS3 26.99-> 36 i guess, idk didnt buy it or the ps3 legendary or the 360 Oblivion cause im out of GS credit. Should have just used cash i guess for the visas.

#4936 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:07 AM

sry if this has already been posted but I'm really tired and dont feel like reading back too far

smash court tennis 8.99->15
Oblivion GOTY PS3 26.99-> 20 i guess, idk didnt buy it or the ps3 legendary cause im out of GS credit. Should have just used cash i guess for the visas.

Fixed. It only gets $20 on PS3. I bought one, tried to trade it in today (assuming it was $1 more than the 360 version), and it only gets $20... so I took it back to Gamestop.
Posted Image

#4937 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

Fixed. It only gets $20 on PS3. I bought one, tried to trade it in today (assuming it was $1 more than the 360 version), and it only gets $20... so I took it back to Gamestop.

holy crap that sucks. You weren't alone because i assumed the same price. hopefully no one else falls victom to this. I also bought a Juno Blu ray at GS. It was tagged yesterday (120808) and it didn't ring up 75% off. A very kind GS manager manually adjusted it for me, for which i am extremely appreciative :-)

I guess the 75% off is really over for dvds and blus :-( I still had many GS to hit up but couldn't because of school

#4938 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:16 AM

I'm running out of good flips here.. I was reduced to buying new/used copies of Monster Jam, Smash Tennis 3, and a few used blitz's.. I still turned $50 on my visa into $75 + TDK at blockbuster.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#4939 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

Just bought RE4 for the GC at $6.99
O:
I think that's good..

#4940 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

Yeah, I thought about doing that but I had just gotten one of the misprinted GotY editions (NEW) from Gamecrazy a few months back for $29.99.

what is this?

io, did you get my pm?

Edited by io, 10 December 2008 - 05:35 AM.

my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4941 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

second post really needs updating
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4942 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:21 AM

In other news, I'm updating the second post with new trade-in values and dates - ought to be current through this post in a few minutes...

second post really needs updating

I'm confused. It was just updated yesterday.

Or do you mean there are still a few months old values there?
seems those occasionally get missed if someone does re-report one.

#4943 io

io

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

I'm confused. It was just updated yesterday.

Yesterday? I updated it just a few hours ago!

But again, no, I didn't call in for every old value. By updating I mean trying to go through pages upon pages of clutter to find the few posts where people report prices and then updating those in the second post ;).

#4944 Hair6a11

Hair6a11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

Is this right? If so, this went UP $3 at GS which just seems unlikely.

You missed my post a few days ago. Its true.

Posted Image

#4945 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

BBV TIV 12/09

360 - Legendary - 35
360 - Oblivion GOTY - 35
360 - Armored Core For Answer -32

I put the 102.00 on a value card then went to another BB and picked up another VV.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4946 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:21 AM

NASCAR 09 and gh aerosmth is 12.48 at target. I'll post the tiv once I call in the morning.

#4947 io

io

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:23 AM

OK, I updated the second post with all the current GS trade-in values from the GS trade-in thread. Now, many of our values were lower and may be newer quotes or maybe not - since it seems many values have gone up recently. But just to be safe I went with the lower values. Anyone who posts GS trade-in values here SHOULD BE DOING IT in the GS trade-in thread. It is pretty clear that many that have been posted here have not made it into that thread and that thread should contain the most up-to-date info. So as the B1G1 starts up please cross post GS trade-in values over there (as well as here so people who frequent BBV stores get a heads up).

#4948 io

io

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:43 AM

I hate you. Send one to me, please. If you're not joking, that is. I actually want to keep one for collectors purposes and NOT to resell. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

D'oh! He's clearly joking - it's his style after all :roll:.

I thought I deleted all that but I must have missed the original quote that started it all...

#4949 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:50 AM

D'oh! He's clearly joking - it's his style after all :roll:.

I thought I deleted all that but I must have missed the original quote that started it all...

Oh, now I look like a complete idiot. Thanks a lot, io! j/k.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#4950 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:58 AM

Random question.... anyone else's BB selling 16 oz Rockstar cans for .99??