The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#4951 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

He is joking. He posts retarded shit like that to troll in the garage sale thread.

And for the record, TIV for MvC2 is no more than $8, since the one I found was being sold for $14.99 and TIVs are usually half the selling price plus a buck or two except for the rare exceptions, like Cranium Kabooki.

I'd just like to confirm all of the prices posted for the KB Toys games ($13, $13, and $9 for Winter Sports, Ultimate Board Games, and Pinball, respectively). The 20% off at KB was on any purchase of $50 or more and stacks with other discounts, like their perpetual B2G1 on video games (they actually had some decent budget titles there, too!), ergo it was about $21 + tax each, about $23.33 each here in NY, and flipped to $35 + tax. Not great, but by no means terrible -- especially considering that they're relatively inconspicuous and aren't games that we've been flipping a lot of.

Additionally, this helps even those who don't have a KB if GameStop does a B2G1. Winter Sports and Board Games are $17.99 each there, making them three for $32.40 after edge and before tax during the sale; they'd trade for a total of $39 + tax. Again, not much ($6.60 + tax on all 3 games), but if you're making rounds during a perfect storm, every little bit will help -- I know every cent moved in either direction counted because it would increase exponentially as games went from BBV to GS and back.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4952 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

Random question.... anyone else's BB selling 16 oz Rockstar cans for .99??

Yep... Not Rockstar last time I was there, but they did have Blue Full Throttle and Vault all for .99. Couldn't resist and picked up one for the road.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#4953 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

For all the people with Wiis collecting dust, just saw that Dragon Quest X is coming to Wii :)

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=344939

Back on topic, has it only been 2-3 people having trouble using store credit to get the visas or has it become a wide spread problem?

#4954 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

Yep... Not Rockstar last time I was there, but they did have Blue Full Throttle and Vault all for .99. Couldn't resist and picked up one for the road.

I love the Blue Full Throttle.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#4955 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

BBV TIV 12/09

360 - Legendary - 35
360 - Oblivion GOTY - 35
360 - Armored Core For Answer -32

I put the 102.00 on a value card then went to another BB and picked up another VV.

When you buy a $100 VV, does it cost $105 with the activation fee?

#4956 Rob26Smith

Rob26Smith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:16 PM

When you buy a $100 VV, doesn't it cost $105 for the activation fee?

Yea total price will be 105.95.

#4957 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Yea total price will be 105.95.

thanks

#4958 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

i was able to pick up a few more copies of oblivion, which is turning out to be very nice. better than legendary.

also golden axe has gone up to 31 on amazon.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4959 akiefer

akiefer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

Fixed. It only gets $20 on PS3. I bought one, tried to trade it in today (assuming it was $1 more than the 360 version), and it only gets $20... so I took it back to Gamestop.

Here's a trap that I unwittingly fell into a few days ago and didn't find out until I got home and actually looked the receipt:

Blacksite: Area 51 (leftover from the GS B2G1 sale)
PS3 $23 BB TIV
360 $12 BB TIV

DOH!

#4960 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

One of mine sells microwavable mac n cheese. No, I am not joking.

#4961 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

I mentioned this a while back, but just in case anybody in the D/FW area never saw/read it, the Lewisville store on Main Street has a Sbarro pizza stand right inside. Cheap food ftw.
Posted Image

#4962 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

seriously? a pizza stand inside a bbv?
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#4963 Bigjames

Bigjames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

All of the drinks that are .99 are stuff that the store will not be carrying anyone after it is sold out.

#4964 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

seriously? a pizza stand inside a bbv?

Yes, seriously. Dallas is where BBV is headquartered, so this area is where they tend to do test-type stuff. The store that sells TVs is somewhere in Dallas too.
Posted Image

#4965 yukafls

yukafls

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

Nice, Sbarro rocks. I would eat their food...well their pizza at least
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#4966 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

just went on lunch and traded in 2 oblivions and a aitd and got 93. used that and a little of what i have on my value card and got 2 50 gift cards and the bonus 5 dollar ones. she forgot to ring them up but i politely asked if i got the and she was like o ya and rang them up seperately.

also i got a list of tiv on random games i was looking at
360:
perfect dark - $1
wartech - $1
cabelas african - $8
bionicle heroes - $2
nba ballers - $8
nba street: homecourt - $6
saints row - $ 8
ddr ultimate - $2
eragon - $1
blacksite: area 51 - $12
vampire rain - $6
call of juarez - $8

DVD List (75% complete)

#4967 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

went to 2 bb to try and buy a VV and got denied both times am I having bad luck or what?

#4968 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

went to 2 bb to try and buy a VV and got denied both times am I having bad luck or what?

Which area?

12/10 TIV
Nascar 09 - PS3 - 20
GH Aerosmith - PS3 - 23

Both are $ 12.48 at Target, not so great flip.

#4969 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

are you trying to use 2 50 cards or 1 100 card or what?

DVD List (75% complete)

#4970 BattlehunterAlex

BattlehunterAlex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Good flips from BB to GS
Ratchet and Clank Size matter(PS2) BB-9.99 GS-9 base TIV
Valkyrie Profile 2 BB-6.99 GS-5.50 Base TIV

I haven't confirmed it's price yet but saw it marked as 6.99 yesterday. Going to go pick it up today to verify.

#4971 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

i need to move a little bit back to gs to pick up more games

Edited by Animal7390, 10 December 2008 - 07:14 PM.

DVD List (75% complete)

#4972 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

Recently I had a business conference in Key Biscayne, FL. This was my experience during the trip downward with 4 PS3 AC's, 4 PS3 BIA, 4 360 AC's, and 4 360 BIAs.

North Miami Blockbuster 1.
Hi, I'd like to trade in these games.
What?
I'd like to trade in these games.
Wrong store, Gamestop is down the street.

North Miami Blockbuster 2
What?
Blockbuster doesn't accept game trades in Miami-Dade.

Then I get to Key Biscayne and see a Blockbuster across from the hotel so I sneak out there around 10 at night. I call first and verify that they take trades.

I hand the guy 1 of each title from each system, plus some other games I had lying around (Sea Monsters, and Cranium Kabooki, plus a couple others.) The guy handles it all smoothly with no problems. Then I say I want it on a value card.

According to this guy, no Blockbuster in FL uses Value cards anymore, and he thinks its nationwide. I point out to him that I clearly have a value card, my account is clearly based in FL, and I can show him receipts where I have put money on it. He insists that in all of Florida, if not nationwide, stores no longer use value cards and credit is for that specific store only. He says I can buy anything I want in the store, but its like $180.

I shop around and come back with a gift card. I say I'd like to purchase this, you said I can purchase anything. He states he needs to call his manager. His manager clearly states that he can sell the gift card, but the cashier points out that it is for $180. He then tells me I need to come back the next day and clear it with the manager. When I point out he just spoke with the manager, the guy states that was HIS manager, but that they are from another store and it is up to that specific store manager to approve.

At that point, I ask for my games back, and he says that the transaction is already final. I point out that I never signed anything except the trade agreement and that the trade agreement clearly states I can get the money on a value card. He states the trade is final even though I never sign anything.

Then I notice the WII on the shelf and say fine, I'll just get that.

So now I have to sell a WII and cash out, when having a value card was much simpler.
e^(ipi) = -1

#4973 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Recently I had a business conference in Key Biscayne, FL. This was my experience during the trip downward with 4 PS3 AC's, 4 PS3 BIA, 4 360 AC's, and 4 360 BIAs.

North Miami Blockbuster 1.
What?
Wrong store, Gamestop is down the street.

North Miami Blockbuster 2
What?
Blockbuster doesn't accept game trades in Miami-Dade.

Then I get to Key Biscayne and see a Blockbuster across from the hotel so I sneak out there around 10 at night. I call first and verify that they take trades.

I hand the guy 1 of each title from each system, plus some other games I had lying around (Sea Monsters, and Cranium Kabooki, plus a couple others.) The guy handles it all smoothly with no problems. Then I say I want it on a value card.

According to this guy, no Blockbuster in FL uses Value cards anymore, and he thinks its nationwide. I point out to him that I clearly have a value card, my account is clearly based in FL, and I can show him receipts where I have put money on it. He insists that in all of Florida, if not nationwide, stores no longer use value cards and credit is for that specific store only. He says I can buy anything I want in the store, but its like $180.

I shop around and come back with a gift card. I say I'd like to purchase this, you said I can purchase anything. He states he needs to call his manager. His manager clearly states that he can sell the gift card, but the cashier points out that it is for $180. He then tells me I need to come back the next day and clear it with the manager. When I point out he just spoke with the manager, the guy states that was HIS manager, but that they are from another store and it is up to that specific store manager to approve.

At that point, I ask for my games back, and he says that the transaction is already final. I point out that I never signed anything except the trade agreement and that the trade agreement clearly states I can get the money on a value card. He states the trade is final even though I never sign anything.

Then I notice the WII on the shelf and say fine, I'll just get that.

So now I have to sell a WII and cash out, when having a value card was much simpler.

lamesauce, if you do not sign anything then the trade is not final. i believe i have signed something every single time. that guy is an idiot and jerk. you should call back the store and ask to speak to the store manager and complain. you never know when a manager needs that extra little push to let someone go.

all else fails call a pizza hut in the town after speaking to someone and send a bunch of food over.

DVD List (75% complete)

#4974 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

im using a gift card and im trying to buy a 100 vv. right away they notice im using a gift card and get denied

#4975 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

This may be a hassle, but you should make out better in the long run. I just sold the Wii I acquired a few months back from Gamestop's "Trade in a PS2 get $100 toward new system" deal (I had been holding it for Christmas) for $325 on eBay. Of course I offered free shipping, but that's not too shabby at all.

#4976 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

The stores I called in New Mexico to confirm trade values all said they didn't take trades either.. so strange.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#4977 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

im using a gift card and im trying to buy a 100 vv. right away they notice im using a gift card and get denied

Don't show them the card. Distract them by talking. Ask how Dark Knight sales have been. Do anything to conceal the fact that you're using a gift card until after you've swiped and chosen an option (and swipe AS SOON AS IT TELLS YOU TO, don't wait for all items to ring up or for them to say anything). Just don't look suspicious or anything.

The card swiper should be facing you, so unless they're watching like a hawk while you swipe, then they won't catch it.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#4978 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

BBV TIV (As of 5 mins ago)
:360:Turok - $8
...so DO NOT order from Newegg deal..just fyi :-D

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#4979 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

This may be a hassle, but you should make out better in the long run. I just sold the Wii I acquired a few months back from Gamestop's "Trade in a PS2 get $100 toward new system" deal (I had been holding it for Christmas) for $325 on eBay. Of course I offered free shipping, but that's not too shabby at all.

I just watched an ebay auction for wii ending 5 minutes ago.. and he only gets $ 270 with free shipping. after ebay's fee and shipping, he/she probably only gets $200.

On another note, my friend just sold his wii for $ 295 on cl.

#4980 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

Mastering the Monado!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

you could ask them to transfer credit to your account. that's what they did for me. they denied me when i tried to use my gift card to purchase a $100 VV but when i asked them if i could use store credit, they said that would be ok. i got my $100 giftcard and asked them to transfer it to store credit. after that they happily allowed me to purchase the VV.

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Xenoblade Chronicles, Pikmin 2

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Hearthstone

Recently finished games:  :wii: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn