The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#61 tokitoki50

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

Are the contacts that touch the batteries on the controller somehow rusted or dirty? That's a possibility.
=======================================
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Well I'm sorry that after a WHOLE hour of work I like to unwind with a burger and a crack pipe"

#62 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

Its 1 per person on SST unfortunately.

yep, ran into that as well when filling up cart to see total price so I can calculate it.

My consensus... Not worth it. I dont want to back to BBV unless its for a flip to GS. I see a lot of trouble saved if I just cancel my madden psp preorder and get the GOW psp.

My reason to get the GOW psp, my friend has a GOW one and my cousin has a blue one (she lives in japan). She said that she hates the blue one (her reason is that the screen doesn't stand out enough unless its dark, but thats useless at her college). She says she should've gotten the core black one. My friends GOW psp looks great , screen stands out fine but Kratos on the back is sort of annoying. PLus I get a game that I want and not Madden which I would just dump at GS the next day. PLus she says the "Metallic Blue" psp is very shiny. I didn't want a metallic blue psp, I wanted a blue psp similar to the black one on a shininess level.

this is what she has http://kotaku.com/50...lue-psp-as-well

Same color as US version in the madden pack.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 07 August 2008 - 10:31 AM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#63 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

edit: I also saw some 2gb SD cards marked 9.99, same price marked as the 1gb ones. Are they required to give me the marked price or what? I would like to get 2 for work.

Not sure about the "required" part, but most will honor price mistakes. However, any manager with half a brain will honor it for only 1 card. The second card would be sold to you at the correct price (19.99).
Posted Image

#64 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

yep, ran into that as well when filling up cart to see total price so I can calculate it.

My consensus... Not worth it. I dont want to back to BBV unless its for a flip to GS. I see a lot of trouble saved if I just cancel my madden psp preorder and get the GOW psp.

My reason to get the GOW psp, my friend has a GOW one and my cousin has a blue one (she lives in japan). She said that she hates the blue one (her reason is that the screen doesn't stand out enough unless its dark, but thats useless at her college). She says she should've gotten the core black one. My friends GOW psp looks great , screen stands out fine but Kratos on the back is sort of annoying. PLus I get a game that I want and not Madden which I would just dump at GS the next day. PLus she says the "Metallic Blue" psp is very shiny. I didn't want a metallic blue psp, I wanted a blue psp similar to the black one on a shininess level.

this is what she has http://kotaku.com/50...lue-psp-as-well

Same color as US version in the madden pack.

All PSPs (and pretty much everything with an LCD screen) have that problem They're just not meant to be played in the light. Indoor lighting doesn't have quite the dimming effect of sunlight, but nothing beats playing outdoors at night or watching The Office before I go to sleep. I'd highly recommend getting a 2-4GB Memory Stick Duo as well.

I might actually be trading in my piano black slim for the Madden PSP bundle (was probably going to buy Madden 09 anyways, the UMD looks interesting, and I can sell the 1GB Memory Stick or use it). With the extra $30, I'm looking at $120 TIV for my PSP (about $90 to upgrade). Not bad considering I originally purchased the piano black slim with credit from flipping Halo 3. The only problem I might run into (something which might prevent me from selling my slim in fact) is that I have to ensure that the firmware and hardware are capable of running custom firmware (M33), and finding a decent screen protector (went without one on my piano black slim, and it's noticeable).

If you want to meet up and see the Madden PSP in person, I'd be more than willing to show it to you. I was considering the GoW bundle as well, but I already own GoWCoO, have no desire to see Superbad, and the memory stick is a nonfactor.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#65 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Speaking of which, I actually bought a refurbished PSP from GS a few days ago. Was considering getting a PS3 but I don't even have a HD tv so that is going to have to wait (and I already have a 360.) I really do like the psp, probably more so than the DS. Got a custom firmware on it and have used that to the fullest. If you plan on going that route I suggest getting a 4GB or 8Gb memory stick. My 2gb stick gets full pretty quickly. All in all, probably used $60-80 on the last day for the trade 2=$10 and got up to $800 GS credit. After buying $120 giftcards for my mother for holiday gifts, PSP, games, preorders and a renewal fee for edge I'm down to $311. Wish I had enough for a PS3. Hopefully BBV runs something good soon, heh, can't get enough of this free money.
Posted Image

#66 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Just cause I'm excited and need to say it to someone else (already told my wife)...

I'm being consider for a store manager position, so depending on how I do the next 2 weeks, (current SM is out on sick leave), I might actually get to run my own store :D. Just gotta put my foot down on the salary part 8-).
Posted Image

#67 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

tiv of march madness 08 for 360 is 10

BBV TIV of March Madness 08 for 360 is $22. Just dumped 2 about 15 mins ago.

#68 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Just cause I'm excited and need to say it to someone else (already told my wife)...

I'm being consider for a store manager position, so depending on how I do the next 2 weeks, (current SM is out on sick leave), I might actually get to run my own store :D. Just gotta put my foot down on the salary part 8-).

Nice, not going to say congrats just yet, but good going. Just gotta nail an interview and let them do their own evaluations right?

And then you can give us the "inside" track on all things related to us CAGs right? ;)
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#69 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

BBV TIV of March Madness 08 for 360 is $22. Just dumped 2 about 15 mins ago.

I don't get it... why is there conflicting reports on this one?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#70 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I don't get it... why is there conflicting reports on this one?

PS3 gets $10 or $11. 360 gets $22....atleast at my BBV which is all that matters.:bouncy:

#71 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Yeah chunky reports it as the 360 version as well.
Posted Image

Now playing:

#72 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

does this mean all complaints and angry customers will now go to you? :-#
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#73 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Isn't it worthed to get the PSP from BBV though, considering you only spend $100 GS credit (flipped into $230 BBV using 10 of NCAA March Madness 08 X360) rather than using $200 GS credit buying at GS?

#74 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:32 PM

Nice, not going to say congrats just yet, but good going. Just gotta nail an interview and let them do their own evaluations right?

And then you can give us the "inside" track on all things related to us CAGs right? ;)

Yeah, we'll see if I get it (and whether they offer me enough). I'm not too worried about it though... the higher ups already know I can do it or I wouldn't be getting considered. As for the "inside" info, I won't know much more as a SM than I already do (besides specific #'s for my particular store, which won't pertain to CAG).

does this mean all complaints and angry customers will now go to you? :-#

They already do :roll:.
Posted Image

#75 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

So Warner, if you're the Store Manager, does that mean you're going to deny all the flippers at your store now? :P

#76 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Dang, no kidding? Let us know one way or another. We'll throw you a party if we need to celebrate or... well, you'll get it.

sorry for the double post

No worries. You can always delete your own posts if it's a duplicate or you just changed your mind. At the bottom right of your posts, you should have an EDIT option. When you click that, it should open an edit-post ability and Delete should be there.

I for one hope I never have to peel off another BB sticker as long as I live.

:rofl:
gwensigol8.png

#77 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

TIV for Fire Emblem Wii is $30

Got this over the phone.

#78 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Just traded Kane and Lynch PS3 - $ 30

#79 ChunkyLover78

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

PS3 gets $10 or $11. 360 gets $22....atleast at my BBV which is all that matters.:bouncy:

thats strange cuz traded in a 360 version yesterday and only got 10... im in norcal if that matters

#80 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

thats strange cuz traded in a 360 version yesterday and only got 10... im in norcal if that matters

And your receipt said march madness 08 for 360? If thats true then that sucks. TIV were national i thought. Might want to check to make sure they didnt give you credit for 2007 or another game all together.

#81 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

I was just quoted $22 over the phone for :360: NCAA March Madness 2008 so I'm thinking a mistake happened somehow with the $10 trade-in.
Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#82 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Io- Where did you live around KC? We have the market cornered on GR's I think. of the 7 or 8 BB's in my normal area, 6 are GR's. Huge difference in selection for used stuff, that's for sure.

All - I was looking for a receipt out of my duffel bag full of stuff and decided to add up just trades to GS and edge savings (both buying and trading) I probably have about 80% of my receipts because I lose some with the kids/etc and don't really care if there is no major purchase that I intend to hold onto.

Anyway, adding up what I found, I moved 238 games to GS, resulting in about $193 in edge savings. Bump those up to account for lost receipts, and you have around 300 games and $250 in edge bonus. :lol: That's a pretty solid $15 investment right there. :applause:

Thanks to everyone who contributed, I'll continue to throw out any help I can!

#83 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

Anyone know how much they give for an Xbox 360 without a HDD?

#84 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

I also got quoted $22 for 360 NCAA MM 08. If your going to be moving credit from GS to BB there are also a few other options aswell:

Vampire Rain $8->$12
Prey $3.20->6

Both prices are after 50% off promo and 10% edge discount

#85 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Anyone know how much they give for an Xbox 360 without a HDD?

I'm pretty sure BBV doesn't take consoles as trade-ins.

Try gamestop as they have this promotion going on http://www.cheapassg...t=191140&page=7
[thread=80647]Click for crappy trade list.[/thread]

24 Hour Gaming Marathon for Charity! EXTRA LIFE OCTOBER 2011

Low Budget Blog- Featuring Review: Helsing's Fire (iPhone) and Star Wars: Cantina (iPhone Review)

#86 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

I also got quoted $22 for 360 NCAA MM 08. If your going to be moving credit from GS to BB there are also a few other options aswell:

Vampire Rain $8->$12
Prey $3.20->6

Both prices are after 50% off promo and 10% edge discount

Ouch, these profits hardly cover gas.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#87 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, we'll see if I get it (and whether they offer me enough). I'm not too worried about it though... the higher ups already know I can do it or I wouldn't be getting considered. As for the "inside" info, I won't know much more as a SM than I already do (besides specific #'s for my particular store, which won't pertain to CAG).

They already do :roll:.

Warner, Good luck with that, but seriously dude, I hear BB doesn't pay it's managers shit either, hopefully you're in community college studying for a career job.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#88 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Ouch, these profits hardly cover gas.

well if your gonna get MM 08 then why not get these games too?

#89 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

I tried to go on a :360: NCAA MM 08 run today. Someone cleaned out the Tustin&Katella store, or the site didnt update accordingly. I found one at the Village Mall store and it rang up 24.99. Store manager said it takes a few days to convert prices to reflect online prices. So is anyone else having a hard time getting the game to ring up 50% off? I did flip a :ps3: Kane and Lynch from GS to BB turning 19.99+tax into 30. Not too bad for moving credit if you cannot find :ps3: SST or :360: NCAA MM 08 for the online price. I hope I can find some 2x flips to move $250 in GS over to ~$500 in BB credit.

#90 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

I tried to go on a :360: NCAA MM 08 run today. Someone cleaned out the Tustin&Katella store, or the site didnt update accordingly. I found one at the Village Mall store and it rang up 24.99. Store manager said it takes a few days to convert prices to reflect online prices. So is anyone else having a hard time getting the game to ring up 50% off? I did flip a :ps3: Kane and Lynch from GS to BB turning 19.99+tax into 30. Not too bad for moving credit if you cannot find :ps3: SST or :360: NCAA MM 08 for the online price. I hope I can find some 2x flips to move $250 in GS over to ~$500 in BB credit.

Tell him to hit the F12 button on the keyboard. It'll bring up the promo price for MM 08. Thats what the GS clerk told me on the phone when i called then to confirm the price of MM 08.