The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#91 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

Here is my contribution today (GS price after Edge and 10% followed by BBV)

Dancing With the Stars (Wii) 19.99-->26
Blacksite (PS3) 19.99-->30
Kane & Lynch (PS3) 19.99-->30

Got 93.20 from BBV using my GS credit. That is ok for me.

Someone cleaned out my GS locations of MM 08!!!
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#92 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure BBV doesn't take consoles as trade-ins.

Actually... I think they do at Game Rush stores. When I went to do an Octomania run, this guy was relaying a story about doing the highest credit transfer of a MGS4PS3 and a Wii at the same time. Also, I've seen it on their trade in value board for a 60 gig PS3.

I dont know if they take 360s though.

#93 io

io

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

Io- Where did you live around KC? We have the market cornered on GR's I think. of the 7 or 8 BB's in my normal area, 6 are GR's. Huge difference in selection for used stuff, that's for sure.

I lived in Platte City, MO - a rinky dink town north of KC. I worked in Leavenworth, KS. But this was long before Gamerush. I was there in 1999-2000 for only 7 months as I started a new job. As soon as I proved myself I moved back to Tucson, where, coincidentally, I'm going on Saturday for work... If the MM price holds I may flip a few while I'm down there on my off time.

#94 BigErn

BigErn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

Wow, just was told at a BBV that my account has been banned/blocked for trading. I traded in maybe 6 Octomania's across 5 different locations and was told that it was due to a loss prevention issue w/ my account. I'm on the phone now w/ BBV customer service to see what they can do. I wasn't moving nearly the quantities that some were and I get flagged? Odd...
You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

#95 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

Picked up NCAA MM 08 to flip. Thinking of picking up some MS points with it, but are there any good recent used price drops at BB to make good use of my $22?

#96 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Wow, just was told at a BBV that my account has been banned/blocked for trading. I traded in maybe 6 Octomania's across 5 different locations and was told that it was due to a loss prevention issue w/ my account. I'm on the phone now w/ BBV customer service to see what they can do. I wasn't moving nearly the quantities that some were and I get flagged? Odd...

I dont know if this has been stated before but you do not go to more than 2 stores in the same district trying to flip multiple copies of the same game as stores in the same district communicate back and forth. I have tried trading at more than two stores twice and been banned because of it. Good thing is that a call to BBV corp and a few receipts SHOULD get you off the ban list BUT trading at more than 2 stores should be a big NO NO with this whole flipping deal. I trade at 2 stores without restrictions now but this was after coming clean as to what i was doing WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD TWICE IS NOT ILLEGAL. You may be limited to 2 copies per account instead of 2 a day for your abuse. They turned your name over to their trust/sec dept because they think you are stealing the games. Someone new to flipping doesnt understand why someone is trying to ditch so many of the same game and why they would feel the need to go to more than one BBV. If you think about it, sound kinda like what a thief would do. Steal a bunch of games then drive out to the middle of nowhere and ditch them all before the stores catch on. By the time the stores catch on you are on the way back to your side of town.

Edited by king007, 07 August 2008 - 10:04 PM.

#97 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

i was banned for making $6000 in less than a year. called customer service and never got a call back.

#98 io

io

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

I dont know if this has been stated before but you do not go to more than 2 stores in the same district trying to flip multiple copies of the same game as stores in the same district communicate back and forth. I have tried trading at more than two stores twice and been banned because of it. Good thing is that a call to BBV corp and a few receipts SHOULD get you off the ban list BUT trading at more than 2 stores should be a big NO NO with this whole flipping deal. I trade at 2 stores without restrictions now but this was after coming clean as to what i was doing WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD TWICE IS NOT ILLEGAL. You may be limited to 2 copies per account instead of 2 a day for your abuse. They turned your name over to their trust/sec dept because they think you are stealing the games. Someone new to flipping doesn't understand why someone is trying to ditch so many of the same game and why they would feel the need to go to more than one BBV. If you think about it, sound kinda like what a thief would do. Steal a bunch of games then drive out to the middle of nowhere and ditch them all before the stores catch on. By the time the stores catch on you are on the way back to your side of town.

Well, to be safe I suppose you wouldn't trade to 2 stores in the same district. But then again, to be 100% safe, don't trade at all and you're guaranteed never to be banned ;). Most people here do trade to multiple stores in a district. They sometimes communicate, but it usually takes the work of a junior detective to get you in trouble that way. In their normal day-to-day operation it isn't going to be a problem. As for the not being illegal thing - well, clearly it is not illegal. That has never been the issue. But they can still restrict your trading for any reason. Though, as you point out, it is usually because they think you must be stealing to get so many copies to trade. And yes, it would look somewhat suspicious to take them to multiple stores to someone who doesn't comprehend the concept of getting cheap games at one place and trading them to another. Of course the reason to trade to multiple stores (instead of dumping multiples at one store) is to stay away from the hassle of dealing with getting everything cleared up.

#99 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:43 PM

Damn, all my local stores have been cleared out of MM08 already, thats a first. I'm assuming its V4oldboy as he had mentioned working in Garden Grove. Do all you guys not work for a living, it's amazing how the stores are emptied out in the middle of the day. At least I've wised up now and I call ahead.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#100 king007

king007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Most people here do trade to multiple stores in a district.

and they keep getting banned too. why not just alert ppl to the fact that trading to multiple stores will eventually get you banned. seems the MO for most ppl here is to go BBV hoping. Works once or twice and then the next time they go into the store to do a trade they learn they are banned.

#101 io

io

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

and they keep getting banned too. why not just alert ppl to the fact that trading to multiple stores will eventually get you banned. seems the MO for most ppl here is to go BBV hoping. Works once or twice and then the next time they go into the store to do a trade they learn they are banned.

A handful of people have been banned. It is highly YMMV and dependent on who does your trades, the managers, etc. Since going to different stores and making trades is not against any Blockbuster rule, there really isn't much to say about it. The stories that pop up here are all the warning anyone needs. It certainly works more than "once or twice" in most cases and it is not a sure thing that anyone will "eventually" get banned. Though maybe I'll add a little something about it to the OP since it comes up often enough.

#102 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

i would go with the guy who said $26 since Xfactor has already made errors on a couple of other things in that post

Geesshhh... Last night I blew that big time ! All my prior posts with TIV have been accurate but that stupid post had two TIV errors in it !

But to set the proverbial record straight,

Yes, I did get $26 for High School Musical and $16 for Cranium Kabooki.

From now on, I will TRIPLE CHECK my receipt compared to my post to make sure it is free of error BEFORE posting TIV.:)

Otherwise, have to go to my kids school and help in the classroom today for a couple hours to fill in for my wife who volunteered to do so which is a bummer becuz' I was planning on doing more flipping this morning and especially during that time I will now be in the classroom.

Oh well... Maybe I will still get to a couple GS stores with my 'lists' and my piles of trades still sitting in my car waiting for a new Gamestop to call home.;)

#103 ShaJay

ShaJay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Can we get a cleaner trading list from GS to BB. Everytime i look at the list it looks stupid. Someone change it the way they had it about 6 months ago.
Trying to pay the less to get the most..

#104 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

With Cranium Kabookii still getting 16, is Blue Dragon worth getting from BB considering it would cost about 9.64 in Gamestop store credit? I've heard mixed things, but for under 10 bucks in credit I'm giving it some serious thought.

#105 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

Can we get a cleaner trading list from GS to BB. Everytime i look at the list it looks stupid. Someone change it the way they had it about 6 months ago.

Make a spreadsheet in Excel. That's what I did.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#106 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

Forgot to post this a few days ago

TIV
360 Tales of Vesperia $35
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#107 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:56 PM

Looks like Microsoft will be announcing Xbox 360 console bundles with free pack-in games at Tokyo Game Show on Thursday. CAG members have discovered that GameStop has the new bundles listed with a ship date of October 8th. Lego Indiana Jones and Kung-Fu Panda are included with the $300 Pro and $400 Elite, while Sega Superstar Tennis ships with the $200 Arcade. Xbox 360 Fanboy reports that a Swedish retailer is also listing this bundle, so expect to see this offer everywhere.

I'm hoping that BBV carries this. Did they carry the Forza 2/MUA last time?

#108 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

Stupid OK/KC trade values bit me in the azz again. Most every BB__> GS flip got me about $.25 to $.50 less than the rest of you get, and Golden Compass 360 and MTR 360 only came up to $1 and didn't even qualify for the bonus!!!

Now I have to decide whether to keep 2 copies of GC and one of MTR or try to deal with Blockbuster returns???

#109 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

After doing no flipping for over 3 months, i'm wanting socom and fifa 09, so I figured I better get some BB credit. I PICKED UP 4 COPIES OF EOJ @ Target today for $17 flips to $30.

I looked @ CC for the rest for the games everyone listed, but there was none except Bust a Move Blast for 17 @ CC. Where is everyone getting these flippable games?
PM me for Lockerz invites.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

Speaking of the gift cards-my BBV in Ann Arbor, has Napster, PSN, Xbox Live, Jinx cards and some other random gaming ones. Does anyone elses GR have different gift cards?

#111 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'm hoping that BBV carries this. Did they carry the Forza 2/MUA last time?

Mine did.

#112 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

I do..

http://adultfriendfi...pc&girls_show=1

:-s... I know pronounce you husband and wife?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#113 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

After doing no flipping for over 3 months, i'm wanting socom and fifa 09, so I figured I better get some BB credit. I PICKED UP 4 COPIES OF EOJ @ Target today for $17 flips to $30.

I looked @ CC for the rest for the games everyone listed, but there was none except Bust a Move Blast for 17 @ CC. Where is everyone getting these flippable games?

Walmart had a few different 2:1 trades, but it is YMMV
Target had a lot of 2:1 or better trades, but its also YMMV
Circuit City has a couple decent flippable games, NBA 08 (ps3) for $8.98 -> $20 & there were a couple of better ones last month
I think Toys r Us has some clearance games that make good flips, but I didn't pay much attention since the nearest TRU is 20 mins from me. I think Nascar 08 is a 3:1 flip at $5 -> $15

#114 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

The store in Saginaw I go to occasionally has PSN, XBL, Napster, Jinx, and a bunch of other Online Gaming sites that I never heard of.

#115 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

The trade limit is $10,000. The limit you can have on a value card is $500.

I think the limit is actually $499.99
e^(ipi) = -1

#116 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

My BBV has about 20 different GC's to buy... some weird ones too...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#117 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

My BBV has about 20 different GC's to buy... some weird ones too...

any decent ones that caught your eye? are they near the register?

#118 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

any decent ones that caught your eye? are they near the register?

Mine were at the start of the cashier line on a stand. Nothing really of interest there except for PSN and 360 points. Everything else was for online gaming/chat/MMORPG crap that I don't care about, but someone else might.

I'm holding out for the possibility of Applebees and Amazon cards.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#119 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

mine also. at the start of the line for the register, all of them were on a little kiosk 2 full sides of them only a few were worth buying IMO (360 and PS3 cards), a lot of MMO crap, but I will look harder tonight as I will be taking in some games and pre-ordering SOCOM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#120 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

*crosses fingers for gift cards that will allow me to eat without digging in trash*

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt