The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#121 Segasonic01

Segasonic01

Sonic Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'm holding out for the possibility of Applebees and Amazon cards.

Applebees? :puke:

#122 mrmustang16

mrmustang16

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

We dont have any gift cards for food, just yet. Im under the impression they will see what sells and what does not then try and bring in new ones to replace the ones that dont. I THINK my store carries Itunes. Maybe.

DBZ: Burst Limit for the xbox 360 got me 28.50, after i bought it at target for 14.58.

I dont know how to do the little picture things...

#123 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

I've already used BB credit on $90 worth of PSN credit. Good times. As much as I dislike Applebee's, it would still be kinda cool to flip for food.
Posted Image

#124 Capa

Capa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

well my new BB account somehow had a note attached to it not to open a trade acct....I wonder how. It's a new membership number on the card and everything.

I still haven't gotten a letter, havent gotten a phone call, no contact at all from corporate

#125 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

TIV's:
Samurai Warriors(Wii) $30
Bust a Move Bash(Wii) $20

I also noticed at EB/GS that they have Halo 3 Shirts for $4.99, it says Spartan Master Chief on it. Looks pretty cool.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#126 io

io

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

Otherwise, have to go to my kids school and help in the classroom today for a couple hours to fill in for my wife who volunteered to do so which is a bummer becuz' I was planning on doing more flipping this morning and especially during that time I will now be in the classroom.

Wait, you have a WIFE... and a KID? I always thought you were a kid, or at least young 20s-ish (no offense ;)).

#127 io

io

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Oh, there's more goodness, I should always multiquote when I start my first BB thread read of the day ;).

With Cranium Kabookii still getting 16, is Blue Dragon worth getting from BB considering it would cost about 9.64 in Gamestop store credit? I've heard mixed things, but for under 10 bucks in credit I'm giving it some serious thought.

I thought Blue Dragon was worth the $59.99 I paid for it (in Gamecrazy credit). I wouldn't agonize over it being $10!

Can we get a cleaner trading list from GS to BB. Everytime i look at the list it looks stupid. Someone change it the way they had it about 6 months ago.

Wait, what? I think I started that list up pretty much 6 months ago (actually less) when the perfect storm started. There wasn't a list of GS -> BB (or vice versa) flips before that. So what the hell are you talking about? Anyway, stupid is as stupid does, or something like that... (Edit - and just to be sure I went back a few threads and the list from the Feb thru May or so thread only had BB->GS flips in it and not the other way around)

Edited by io, 08 October 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#128 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

This is really random but when I was out buying games to trade I overheard an employee talking about throwing out Halo 3 legendary editions. There was a stack of about 10 of them so I asked him how much they were and he said I could have one for free because they have to be gone by November or something. They didn't have the game in them but all the extras are there. I took out the essential disks and tossed the rest. Man is that helmet fugly. So if anyone wants a halo helmet, ask your gamestop.

#129 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

Dont worry IO I appreciate all your hard work and keeping this fourm up to date, dont listen to them fools who want every thing handed to them
Posted Image

#130 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

This is really random but when I was out buying games to trade I overheard an employee talking about throwing out Halo 3 legendary editions. There was a stack of about 10 of them so I asked him how much they were and he said I could have one for free because they have to be gone by November or something. They didn't have the game in them but all the extras are there. I took out the essential disks and tossed the rest. Man is that helmet fugly. So if anyone wants a halo helmet, ask your gamestop.

OOoooo thanks...halloween is a coming!

#131 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

. So if anyone wants a halo helmet, ask your gamestop.

$4.99 Halo 3 Master Chief Spartan Shirt + Free Helmet= Great Halloween!:D
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#132 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

Do any of you guys trade in the same copies of games to stores that are close to each other? I know some of us use more than one account, but is anyone trading in the same game to stores that are a few blocks from each other using one account? I've been hesitant to do this but with all the big games coming out, I may press my luck a little.

#133 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

Applebees? :puke:

Hint : Applebees serves alcohol

Oh and that maple butter blondie dessert! :D

#134 io

io

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

Do any of you guys trade in the same copies of games to stores that are close to each other? I know some of us use more than one account, but is anyone trading in the same game to stores that are a few blocks from each other using one account? I've been hesitant to do this but with all the big games coming out, I may press my luck a little.

This is how I got in trouble with Beowulf last Dec - trading it in at 3 consecutive stores on the same day (but also, both the PS3 and 360 copy at each one). All of that together was enough to make one Junior Detective call around and find out about it and it led to a temp ban at those stores which got lifted somehow a couple months later without my involvement... The only difference was that "close" around here means they were only 4-5 miles apart. There are none just blocks from each other :lol:.

However, I would say you are fine if it is just one system (so, don't do DBZ Burst Limit for both 360 and PS3 at the same time for example) and if you alternate some of the trade-in days. You may want to avoid hitting ones up that are really close on the same day is what I'm saying, at least with the same games - put a few days in between them.

#135 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Greatly appreciated io! Thanks again for all the work you put into this thread!

#136 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

Dont worry IO I appreciate all your hard work and keeping this fourm up to date, dont listen to them fools who want every thing handed to them

I would like a cup of milk and a cookie... =X

On the side note, it seems like BB->GS flipping is getting very popular in my area. I have been out for a few months during the summer and for a few weeks I was unable to find ANY flippable games at my GS. I usually do not make the trip out to TRU/CC for clearances unless I am heading that way.

I hope a good coupon/price drops appear soon, I'm getting low on BB credit.
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#137 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

On the side note, it seems like BB->GS flipping is getting very popular in my area. I have been out for a few months during the summer and for a few weeks I was unable to find ANY flippable games at my GS. I usually do not make the trip out to TRU/CC for clearances unless I am heading that way.

You're low on BBV credit? Are you sure you didn't mean to say I'm getting low on GS credit? Flipping to BBV is easy right now. There are almost 25 potential flips available.

#138 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

its the exact opposite for me. i can only find games to flip to bbv & cant find anything to flip to gs. i have about $60 in GS credit and $450 in BBV credit right now.

#139 ghozt

ghozt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

im very low with bbv credit ($15), but there just isn't a reason to have any there right now. i have plenty of gs credit, but none of the flips from gs->bbv are 2x for me. after taxes and driving around to find them it just isn't worth it anymore. i do need to have some bbv credit so im ready when those amazon or applebees gift cards ever come in.

#140 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

Not a very good flip but here's the info. Sega Rally Revo-360, is holding at $10.50 at GS after all bonuses. Not new, just holding.

#141 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

its the exact opposite for me. i can only find games to flip to bbv & cant find anything to flip to gs. i have about $60 in GS credit and $450 in BBV credit right now.

:shock: I have $60 in GS credit and 450 in BBV credit too!

#142 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

How is the fable series? ...Also is there another game that's similar to Mass Effect aside from KotOR? Fall Out 3 looks to be pretty good atleast from what I've seen which is nothing more than the E3 Trailer... I'm a huge fan of story driven games.. Bad Co. was great for both mindless shooting and storyline(very funny btw)... GTA IV actually had a good story behind it I thought.. Thank all of you for the posts... and your help

Chris

Fable 1 was a pretty good game. It had it's flaws(a short, undercooked story, some control mapping flaws, etc.), but it was still a great game to play through. It's also cheap at Gamestop.

There is an Xbox 1 game called "Jade Empire". It's Bioware's action-RPG that plays just like KOTOR but with real time martial arts combat. Excellent game. It has the good vs. evil play style of KOTOR and Fable, but it takes place in this mytical oriental world. I think it's also pretty cheap at Gamestop.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#143 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

:shock: I have $60 in GS credit and 450 in BBV credit too!

Yeah, I had about $400 at BB. Then I bought 13 months live, extra controller, and NBA 2K9. Then all of the BB around me seem to have 1:1.x GS flips, so now I have almost $200 at GS, and $100 at BB. >_<

Note, I missed the summer and all the big flips at that time.
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#144 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

Did anyone trade in CSI: hard evidence lately? Someone quoted it at $23 2 days ago. Just wanting to know if it held. If no one knows I'll call tomorrow and find out.

Looking at my excel spreadsheet is giving me a god damn headache. So many things on it.

Edited by DarkRider23, 08 October 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#145 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

Wait, you have a WIFE... and a KID? I always thought you were a kid, or at least young 20s-ish (no offense ;)).

LOL.. You may have TREATED me like a 20 year old kid, but I am mid THIRTIES, married, and have 3 boys ! 9,7, and 6 ! :booty:

It's really 4 BOYS counting me all playing games together on PS3, 360 and Wii. I have a 56" Samsung Pedestal HDTV and usually put that on split screen so the kids can play PS3 AND Wii or 360 at the same time. That is when one of the munchkins isn't playing DS or GBA !

You ain't the only DAD around here flipping games to earn more FREE games for yourself and kids ! :D My GS->BBV->GS and Kmart->GS flipping has made me SEVERAL thousand bucks this year ! :applause:

The wife does get a little pissed that I "drive around all day" to Gamestop's and BBV's ! But I told her it was FREE money that doesn't take away from house payment or grocery money and its my HOBBY and pays for all my games so whats the problem ?:roll:

Since she doesn't play games herself, she still thinks its a problem.

Oh well !

Once a Gamer, always a Gamer ! (and in my case a CHEAP ASS GAMER !)

#146 io

io

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

Wow, your oldest boy is actually a year older than my oldest (and my youngest isn't even 1 yet). But I do have a daughter that is 11. Also, my wife is exactly the same way so we have more in common that I thought ;).

Having said that, I'm off to Target here in a bit. I have one last-ditch chance to get the Ion drum kit and I want to find some of the nicer digital picture frames (I only got the Nickelodeon and Disney ones yesterday). Oh, sure, I'll also check out some games and will try to hit up the BBV store where I'm set up with my secondary account to trade in that Monster Jam I picked up yesterday perhaps along with a Beijing from Target...

#147 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

Wow, your oldest boy is actually a year older than my oldest (and my youngest isn't even 1 yet). But I do have a daughter that is 11. Also, my wife is exactly the same way so we have more in common that I thought ;).

Having said that, I'm off to Target here in a bit. I have one last-ditch chance to get the Ion drum kit and I want to find some of the nicer digital picture frames (I only got the Nickelodeon and Disney ones yesterday). Oh, sure, I'll also check out some games and will try to hit up the BBV store where I'm set up with my secondary account to trade in that Monster Jam I picked up yesterday perhaps along with a Beijing from Target...

Xfactor 4 and Io. Add me to the growing list. I'm mid-thirties, 2 children (Girls - 9&7), and wife who does not play games and just barely tolerates the running around. We should take a poll - maybe Cheapy's not all that different from the rest of us. I wonder how long I'll keep doing this kind of stuff... :)

#148 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:04 AM

Did anyone trade in CSI: hard evidence lately? Someone quoted it at $23 2 days ago. Just wanting to know if it held. If no one knows I'll call tomorrow and find out.

Looking at my excel spreadsheet is giving me a god damn headache. So many things on it.

Which console? I called about the Wii version and they quoted $9

#149 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

LOL.. You may have TREATED me like a 20 year old kid, but I am mid THIRTIES, married, and have 3 boys ! 9,7, and 6 ! :booty:

Xfactor 4 and Io. Add me to the growing list. I'm mid-thirties, 2 children (Girls - 9&7), and wife who does not play games and just barely tolerates the running around. We should take a poll - maybe Cheapy's not all that different from the rest of us. I wonder how long I'll keep doing this kind of stuff... :)

LOL. 28, wife doesn't play games and gets kinda pissed (mostly when she has to wait in the car), two daughters - 1.5 and 6 yrs. Small world, eh?
Posted Image

#150 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

EDIT: all my LBP keys are gone.

Edited by mkernan, 09 October 2008 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image