Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#181 mrmustang16

mrmustang16

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

Lethal - it really depends, some people you can just ask. I'd imagine a store would love to make a $250 sale. Their forced bundles are pretty bad, even if they do let you choose the games.

We (my store) tries to only sell Wiis to people who will buy stuff with the console. I dont know if you guys know, but stores only make 2 dollars profit off a wii. Sure the $250 is nice, but selling some used games and accessories is obviously where the money is at.

So, most stores dont "force" bundles, but will get pissed if you just buy thier Wiis. Its probably the district manager that has stores sell the Wiis like that, so see if going to another one alievates the problem.

#182 io

io

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:36 AM

Me be 38

You sir, are the closest without going over ;). You win absolutely nothing. As for age, let's just say I roll my eyes when Wombat makes fun of Cheapy for being old on the CAGcast. I've got exactly the same number of years on Cheapy as he has on Wombat.

Anyway, my Target run (4 stores) was pretty uneventful except for finding a few more Beijings and a Spiderwick Chronicles that I may actually want to keep. I also found some Lost Odyssey, but of course I bought that full price at Blockbuster when it first came out (well worth it too). I'd like another so I can swap out the case since the one I got at Blockbuster had a puncture in it. The problem is it doesn't really trade for enough to make it worth trading my copy in anywhere and keeping a new one.

I hit up one of the most distant Blockbusters I've ever traded at and used my secondary account to trade in a Beijing. I was surprised to see this was the same district as some of the nearby stores. So basically I've confirmed that I only have 2 districts to choose from but, conveniently, they are located to either side of me (with my local store belonging to the one mostly to the east). I then hit up another store with my secondary account and traded Beijing + Monster Jam (still $30 of course). I snagged a Geo Wars and FEAR Files and dumped those at the nearby GS right before they closed.

The first store had a strange used game selection, though. They had tons of stuff I never see anywhere else including lots of Gamecube games. But they had only ONE FEAR Files, and no Timeshift. I was all set to get the FEAR Files along with a Geo Wars and Spyro but, amazingly, all three were scratched to hell. That is the first time I've ever had to reject a purchase of any of those games as most are near mint at every other BB. And all that after the guy spent 15 minutes finding the discs :roll:. I felt kind of bad, but seriously, they looked unplayable.

#183 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:44 AM

That is the first time I've ever had to reject a purchase of any of those games as most are near mint at every other BB. And all that after the guy spent 15 minutes finding the discs :roll:. I felt kind of bad, but seriously, they looked unplayable.

Well today I found a copy of Rogue Galaxy for $9.99. Took it to the register and asked to see it. The employee takes it out and says, "Well, what do you think?" The disc has a massive crack right through from center to end. I immediately had to warn him that it would shatter if anyone tries to play it... but I think he put it back on the shelf. :bomb:

#184 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

Scouring Gamestop.com price drops.
NFL Head Coach 2009 for Xbox and PS3 (both USeD) both dropped $15 down to $24.99
Not too many available around me, but with coupon ending Thursday, it'd be a potential flip.
Is it in the system yet at BB? Anyone?

#185 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

There is one BBV here where they store the game discs for each system together in boxes without any sleeves. I was about to buy a bunch during the perfect storm but after I looked at the discs, I put them all back. I just know GS will charge refurbish fee for every single one of them.
=========================
Posted Image

#186 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:33 AM

33 years old, 3 boys ages 5, 2, and 1. I got my wife a DS with BB credit. She plays games like New Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi's Island but I wouldn't consider her a gamer. She "tolerates" my flipping but I am lucky in that I am sometimes able to do my flipping/caging during work hours. The thing that really irritates her the most is when we go out some where and all of a sudden I pop out my list and have to make a couple of stops. :lol:

Not that I would but if I ever decided to cheat on her, I'm sure all I would have to do to cover my tracks is buy a stack of games and walk through the door with them. She would just assume that I was out flipping.

Thanks heatdolphins45. Will pick up a copy of Culdept Saga for myself. I would flip CS but it would be $13.63 (after tax) -> $19 for me. Damn tax.:headache:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#187 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

Haven't seen it updated, but the Wii version of Alone in the Dark is holding at $30 this week.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#188 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:27 AM

The thing that really irritates her the most is when we go out some where and all of a sudden I pop out my list and have to make a couple of stops. :lol:

ROFLMA.... I lived that very same moment this past weekend ! We went out to lunch Sunday with my boys and I brought some games with me (which was clue enough about what might lay ahead) and I told her I just needed to make one quick stop after lunch (which turned into two since another GS was only block away) and then I broke out the dreaded lists :lol:....

Well, the rest of the story is not too hard to figure out. She was definitely giving me the eyes and quite irritated. :) Still made my $75-$100 just the same.

#189 darylfoot

darylfoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

so when is the drawing for the Wii's?
Ninja Please!

Posted Image

#190 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

The Cellfire cellphone coupon @ 20% off used is better and runs until 10/20 ;)
But I guess if you don't have that 10% off is ok. This weeks coupon that expires tomorrow is better at 20% off although it expires tomorrow.

The 10% will be better than nothing, assuming GS doesn't have a good coupon this weekend. And the $10 bonus on tradeins ends on Sunday so this could be the last weekend of good flipping for the moment.

#191 HELLAWAITS

HELLAWAITS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Are any GR's taking Scene It? There's a ton at my Target for $15.

can you get me one?how much more for the shipping to fla?

Thanks
Currently Playing :

:360:GTA IV
:360:Call Of Duty World At War
:ds:Mario Party DS
:360:RSV2

Posted Image

#192 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:22 AM

Amazing how similar a lot of us are. I'm 39 -- two kids, 9, and 5. My wife also doesn't like gaming and I try to not let it interfere with our lives (ie., I play when everyone else is asleep). She's also been on my case lately about trading, particularly because my 9 year old is involved. She says it doesn't teach my kids to save their allowances to buy their games. I think I'm going to make it so that he has to save at least part of the money for the game and do the rest through trading.

For my games? Well, I'll have to keep it quiet. :)

#193 Muffin_Man

Muffin_Man

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

I'm 37, no kids, and wife is OK with me flipping (having just started) but she was with this past weekend and she didn't like being in on the action. Too covert for her I suppose.

I have been down all week with a bad back so I haven't been able to get out. Regarding the coupons, it says thay expire on 10/9 - does that mean they're good THROUGH today? I took one in to a GS last Thurs and the guy looked at it and said "Oh, this has expired, but I'll give it to you anyway." I checked my receipt afterwards and he just took $11 off one of the games (which honestly was a little over 20%).

#194 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

can you get me one?how much more for the shipping to fla?

Thanks

Honestly, it's probably not worth it.

When you add tax, shipping (use the $8 priority box?) and a buck or two for my time, you're probably looking at damn near $30.

#195 frankcastle

frankcastle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

another gamer dad here. i am 27 with 2 daughters (1 and 3). my wife tolerates my flipping as long as i dont do it too much. i usually take like a couple hours 1 night a week and a few hours on the weekend to flip. i dont have thousands in credit but i have around 400 or so between gs and gr which is ok with me. she is glad that i dont ever spend real money on games anymore. i have even used flipping to help us out when we have been in a tight spot before by selling wii fit and things like that.

#196 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

I'm 37, no kids, and wife is OK with me flipping (having just started) but she was with this past weekend and she didn't like being in on the action. Too covert for her I suppose.

I have been down all week with a bad back so I haven't been able to get out. Regarding the coupons, it says thay expire on 10/9 - does that mean they're good THROUGH today? I took one in to a GS last Thurs and the guy looked at it and said "Oh, this has expired, but I'll give it to you anyway." I checked my receipt afterwards and he just took $11 off one of the games (which honestly was a little over 20%).

If you have a proper phone the cellfire coupon is for 20% off, is good on all used merchandise, and it doesn't expire until 10/20. Some others have been successful printing out the cellfire coupon from another thread on this site.

#197 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

someone needs to change this thread title to "How to avoid your angry wife while making a buttload flipping to BBV" bwahahaha

I am 23..just graduated from college, gotta girlfriend who LOVES helpin me flip (go figure man) since i have been banned at both bbvs near me, and she's a decent gamer while im a hardcore flipper/gamer. Dunno if by the time i have kids and am married that bbv will still be maintaining their TIVs from week to week but I certainly hope my wife doesn't get angry at me for making such a profit and being able to buy her lotsa popcorn and other over-expensive goodies bbv sells lol

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#198 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

I know this might be a cash flip, but Iron Man is $20 Amazon DOTD(PS3/Wii), I last traded it in for $33(PS3 Version) a few weeks ago. If it held, could make for a decent cash flip.
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#199 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

If I have a DL from another state, can I open another acct at a store that I rarely visit?
PM me for Lockerz invites.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#200 TMNT770

TMNT770

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

iron man is not a good flip no more. I saw it for 34.99. I picked up Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 for 30 bucks, The Simpsons Game PS3 for 14.99 & Skate PS3 for 14.99. still have 127.02

#201 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

hey guys have a quick question, i bought a xbox live 3 month gold kit and the 3 month card said it must be redeemed by 6/30/2007, is the 3 month code still good or has it expired. Thanks in advance.

...Did you try it?

#202 Muffin_Man

Muffin_Man

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

If you have a proper phone the cellfire coupon is for 20% off, is good on all used merchandise, and it doesn't expire until 10/20. Some others have been successful printing out the cellfire coupon from another thread on this site.

I use a cell so liittle (I hate cell phones!) that all I have is a little Virgin Mobile phone that costs me $15 every 3 months. Has anyone used this Cellfire thing on a Virgin Mobile phone?

#203 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

I use a cell so liittle (I hate cell phones!) that all I have is a little Virgin Mobile phone that costs me $15 every 3 months. Has anyone used this Cellfire thing on a Virgin Mobile phone?

That is the definition of a cheap ass :).

I have had success by printing it out, never once had them turn it down.

#204 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Well I've got all you dads beat so far. I'm 44, have 3 kids ages 20(!),17 and 8 (whoops!). I've been gaming since atari pong was new and have been addicted ever since. My wife is ok with all this flipping stuff since I try to do it while she's at work and I'm off.

#205 Muffin_Man

Muffin_Man

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

That is the definition of a cheap ass :).

Hey, thanks! Oh, and thanks for the suggestion about printing out the screenshot also! ;)

#206 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

I'm with you; cell phones are for MY convenience. People get pissed that they can't reach me on it, but honestly I have it off unless I need to use it and rarely check my phone messages. I use T-Mobile prepaid and made a $100 card (1000 minutes) last an entire year (and then some - after reloading at the end of the year I had my minutes that weren't used roll over). This has been far more cost-effective than when I was spending ~ $960 a year through sprint; not to mention spending months at a time having them unfuck my monthly bill(s).

#207 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

TIV
Wii Chicken Little Ace In Action 13$ (This is incorrect on first page)

Agreed on the cell phone thing, all my family use pay as you go cellphones. 3 phones cost me < 20$ a month, I especially like the tmobile 1 year rollover after spending 100$ (although I did get screwed by them on my sons phone, when the explained how it was the addition that takes it over 100$ that actually activates the 1 yr expiration of minutes.)

I just used the ebay cash off deal to buy to some fillup cards at a nice discount.

And I'm 42, two boys (14, 10) and a wife who hates just about everything I do, especially gaming and watching movies. Only 8 more years to go for my jail sentence.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#208 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:35 PM

The nice thing about the Cellfire coupon is that the cashier doesn't need to put a coupon in the drawer. They just simply type in the code. Heck, you might even get them to give you the deal if you write the EBC# on a napkin and tell them you got it off your wife's/kid's cell phone...

#209 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

My suspicions are true...

I just went in to BBV and tried to trade Battle of the bands in (7.48 @ Target) and I now have a "NO TRADE" ban on my acct. The lady said that I could trade if I had my receipt (it said that in the notes) I said, ok, IBRB... Went out to car, got my receipt for the 4 EOJ's I bought yesterday and the 2 Battle of the Bands I bought today and presented them to her and she denied me because on Target receipts, if you buy more than one of a game it just says: "NCF WII 2@ 7.48"

I have never traded in more than one capy of a game to one BBV and frankly am pissed off. I asked for the DM's # and gave him a call and am awaiting a call back...

What have you all who have been banned had luck with. I am a very small time flipper and only have something like $75 in credit now.
PM me for Lockerz invites.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#210 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

My suspicions are true...

I just went in to BBV and tried to trade Battle of the bands in (7.48 @ Target) and I now have a "NO TRADE" ban on my acct. The lady said that I could trade if I had my receipt (it said that in the notes) I said, ok, IBRB... Went out to car, got my receipt for the 4 EOJ's I bought yesterday and the 2 Battle of the Bands I bought today and presented them to her and she denied me because on Target receipts, if you buy more than one of a game it just says: "NCF WII 2@ 7.48"

I have never traded in more than one capy of a game to one BBV and frankly am pissed off. I asked for the DM's # and gave him a call and am awaiting a call back...

What have you all who have been banned had luck with. I am a very small time flipper and only have something like $75 in credit now.

That's ridiculous. I'm very sorry to hear that. You have $75 in credit now, but how much had you accumulated before? I think that your luck will depend entirely on how your DM is about these sorts of things.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)