The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4995 replies to this topic

#211 ShaJay

ShaJay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

I NEED HELP!!! i went to trade in some games today , i havent traded no games in about 5 months. So i went in today and my account is suspended. Went to another BBV and that one is suspended... is this happening to everyone?

what else alternative do we have?
Trying to pay the less to get the most..

#212 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

And I'm 42, two boys (14, 10) and a wife who hates just about everything I do, especially gaming and watching movies. Only 8 more years to go for my jail sentence.

Are you planning on killing your wife?! :shock:

#213 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Found a bourne conspiracy at Target, hate to use cash but will flip it for $33 at BB. If i put it at one store on their store credit, it will give me $109 there, enough for GHWT game and guitar. Just don't know if I need a new guitar. Might trade in Force Unleashed also, just ain't feeling it. And i'm already stuck on the second mission, ugh.

Scored long thought gone 20g hard drive for the 360 for $24.98, it was sitting on shelf with the original $99.99 price still. Thank god for lax employees. Will fit nicely on my second Xbox Arcade I just got on the PS2 trade in deal at GS.

1st target has ion drum kit that is $229 that was mentioned being on clearance. There was 2 shelf tags for it, so i borrowed one. Scanned it at second target and rung up $57 or so dollars but not in stock. I think it is possible to buy at first store, return to second, and hope to grab it once it goes back onto the shelf for the clearance price. Not a return/rebuy, since it would be seen that i got it from a different store.
I don't want, but was hoping to help out someone on here if I found it cheap. I have one more Target to check on my way to work.

#214 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

That's ridiculous. I'm very sorry to hear that. You have $75 in credit now, but how much had you accumulated before? I think that your luck will depend entirely on how your DM is about these sorts of things.

I don't really know, but I had enough to buy my PS3, a couple Wii's, and quite a few games ( at least 10 i'd say). I never flipped games back to GS, I always used my credit at BBV. No one ever said anything to me at all. It must have been a super jr detective at a store that was pissed b/c I didn't preorder something. It is District wide b/c 3 BBV's i've been to have all had it come up.
PM me for Lockerz invites.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#215 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

Just got a call back from the DM.

He was very nice and apologetic. He must have seen how much crap I bought from them. He asked me a few questions about my trading habits and about whether I have traded multiples, and I was honest and said, yes, but not on the same day and never at the same store. he then asked if I ever trade at more than one store and I said, yes, pretty much every store in the KC Metro, specifically the Overland Park area. I even told him that I would buy games one day, play them and trade them back the very next day.

I told him that I have bought 1000's of dollars worth of games and hardware from BBV and that I never violated any of the trade agreement. He didn't seem to mind my honesty at all because he told me he would have it (the ban) lifted and that he was very sorry for the inconvenience.

Very shortly after his call (less than 5 min) I received a call from the store than denied me even after showing the receipt and she apoligized and said that I could come back and trade the games that I had intended on trading in with no problems.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#216 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

I just got another call back from the DM and he called 7 of the local stores that I mentioned and had them remove the BAN and he also mentioned that it was a corporate BAN that was the result of 3 or more games being traded, he also said that he doesn't know why I would be doing that but to each his own...

He said that everything should be fine from now on, as long as I stick to the guidelines. I just hope that I can unload my last 3 copies of EOJ so that I can get SOCOM and FIFA 09.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#217 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Ended up getting Iron Man with my EOJ trade.

Noticed that Rock Band drums for all platforms were marked at $49.99.

#218 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

On the way back from dropping some stuff off at goodwill I found a BBV about 15 mins from my house that had almost every game on the list to flip from BBV to GS, including 6 Timeshifts & 4 Fear Files. I only had one gift card with me for $60 so I only bought 6 games. There are at least 25-30 more flippable games there. I will have to go back since the other 2 BBVs I trade at have absoultely nothing to flip back to GS. The only bad thing is they keep all the games in sleeves in a cabinet and it took the only employee there literally 15 mins to find the 6 games I bought, they weren't in any order and so he went through like 100-150 games. Then it took another 5-6 mins to ring up since one game I was charged $20 instead of $10 because one game was in a ps3 sleeve instead of a 360 one. I will let ya'll know if everything holds from BBV -> GS.

#219 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

Are you planning on killing your wife?! :shock:

Don't be daft, that's when child support is no longer an issue.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#220 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

On the way back from dropping some stuff off at goodwill I found a BBV about 15 mins from my house that had almost every game on the list to flip from BBV to GS, including 6 Timeshifts & 4 Fear Files. I only had one gift card with me for $60 so I only bought 6 games. There are at least 25-30 more flippable games there. I will have to go back since the other 2 BBVs I trade at have absoultely nothing to flip back to GS. The only bad thing is they keep all the games in sleeves in a cabinet and it took the only employee there literally 15 mins to find the 6 games I bought, they weren't in any order and so he went through like 100-150 games. Then it took another 5-6 mins to ring up since one game I was charged $20 instead of $10 because one game was in a ps3 sleeve instead of a 360 one. I will let ya'll know if everything holds from BBV -> GS.

lol wow, I allow at least 20 min. at a BBV to buy games! :booty:

#221 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

lol wow, I allow at least 20 min. at a BBV to buy games! :booty:

I didn't mind waiting, but I felt bad since that was the only employee working and there were 3 people waiting behind me when he finally got done ringing me up. There was no one behind me though before he started looking or I would have left them go in front of me. If they had their games organized it wouldn't have taken half as long. There are just some lazy employees or managers there that don't care about organization I guess.

#222 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

Don't be daft, that's when child support is no longer an issue.

I didn't know either. I was trying to figure it out myself. Thought maybe he had some sort of contractual marriage. Maybe he signed an agreement to stay married for a minimum of 15 years, lest he break the contract and be castrated.
Posted Image

#223 runpuddrun

runpuddrun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

I didn't know either. I was trying to figure it out myself. Thought maybe he had some sort of contractual marriage. Maybe he signed an agreement to stay married for a minimum of 15 years, lest he break the contract and be castrated.

I was also confused as to the obligation to stay married. This may be a little off topic, but it sound like he may want to get out now...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#224 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

I was also confused as to the obligation to stay married. This may be a little off topic, but it sound like he may want to get out now...

From what his comments say. He divorced. His wife hated everything he did. Child support is no longer an issue when his youngest child turns 18 in 8 years.

Way too off-topic. Talk about flipping, not other people's marriages.

#225 io

io

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

Well I've got all you dads beat so far. I'm 44, have 3 kids ages 20(!),17 and 8 (whoops!). I've been gaming since atari pong was new and have been addicted ever since. My wife is ok with all this flipping stuff since I try to do it while she's at work and I'm off.

And I'm 42, two boys (14, 10) and a wife who hates just about everything I do, especially gaming and watching movies. Only 8 more years to go for my jail sentence.

Yay - I am, in fact, NOT the oldest person on CAG. I feel better now ;).

1st target has ion drum kit that is $229 that was mentioned being on clearance. There was 2 shelf tags for it, so i borrowed one. Scanned it at second target and rung up $57 or so dollars but not in stock. I think it is possible to buy at first store, return to second, and hope to grab it once it goes back onto the shelf for the clearance price. Not a return/rebuy, since it would be seen that i got it from a different store.
I don't want, but was hoping to help out someone on here if I found it cheap. I have one more Target to check on my way to work.

I definitely thought of doing that but it seems more hassle than it is worth.

I just got another call back from the DM and he called 7 of the local stores that I mentioned and had them remove the BAN and he also mentioned that it was a corporate BAN that was the result of 3 or more games being traded, he also said that he doesn't know why I would be doing that but to each his own...

Could you elaborate on "the result of 3 or more games being traded"?. Does that mean 3 of the same game spread over different stores, or the same store, or what, exactly? For sure I've done 3 of the same game at different stores but probably not at the same store since my old GR days (2+ years ago).

#226 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

BB-related, but not gaming-related:

Apparently, they don't carry the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVDs. I was looking for Season 3.
Posted Image

#227 jmiller

jmiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Found a bourne conspiracy at Target, hate to use cash but will flip it for $33 at BB. If i put it at one store on their store credit, it will give me $109 there, enough for GHWT game and guitar. Just don't know if I need a new guitar. Might trade in Force Unleashed also, just ain't feeling it. And i'm already stuck on the second mission, ugh.

Scored long thought gone 20g hard drive for the 360 for $24.98, it was sitting on shelf with the original $99.99 price still. Thank god for lax employees. Will fit nicely on my second Xbox Arcade I just got on the PS2 trade in deal at GS.

Where are these drums located in Target. I been to many Targets
and never even seen a place where they would store them. Is it with the rest of the video game stuff ? In the xbox 360 glass case ?

#228 io

io

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

Where are these drums located in Target. I been to many Targets
and never even seen a place where they would store them. Is it with the rest of the video game stuff ? In the xbox 360 glass case ?

Uh - they are usually with the musical instruments (keyboards, guitars, etc).

#229 tianxia

tianxia

Just won't shut up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

Can anyone think of any BBV > GS flips with the new 25% for 3 PS2/Wii/Xbox games trade-in coupon? I can't think of any myself.

#230 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

Did you mean gamecube (not wii), as most of the flips are currently wii, so coming up with some would not be much of a stretch.

And to answer the questions about the 8 years, divorce is not an option until my kids have left the nest, if it was I'd have been out 14 years ago ;)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#231 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

For those who'd like to have the GS values of the following games shown in one place, including bonus promotion and edge:

360:
Fear Files-$12.70
Beautiful Katamari-$10.50
Timeshift-$11.60
Spiderman Friend or Foe-$10.5

Wii:
Legend of Spyro-$11.60

All of the above are $9.99 at BBV

There. Did I state the obvious in a concise manner? hehe

#232 millerjm2

millerjm2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

Well with the new coupon, if you are interested, .hack part 4 goes for around $40 on eBay so it would be a decent way to cash out. The Fatal Frames are okay too and don't forget about the Cellfire coupon.

On a completely unrelated note but, dare I say more awesome, I just procured a Mega Man 9 press kit from the Capcom store and I don't think I have been this excited about a video game related purchase in a long time.

#233 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

Games I got from the most recent TRU clearance-> all were $9.98.
Gamerush TIV-Gamestop base value.

360:
Viva Pinata Party Animals $8)($5
College Hoops 2k8 $12)($2

Wii:
Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $11)($6
NFS Prostreet $16)($9
Monster Trux Arena $16)($5

PS3:
College Hoops 2k8 $9)($2.25

If anyone can post the values of Mini Desk Top Racing and Jumper, both on the Wii, it would be very helpful.

So my plan is to return/rebuy these games to TRU when the B2G1 sale starts on 10/12. When do the TIV's at BBV change? Is it Mon. or Tues? Thank you in advance.

#234 eraser813

eraser813

Even more Erasalating!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Can anyone think of any BBV > GS flips with the new 25% for 3 PS2/Wii/Xbox games trade-in coupon? I can't think of any myself.

Man, I haven't gotten my email from Gamestop yet! 25% coupon huh.... sounds good to me!

#235 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

dude! 25% off coupon would be AMAZING!!!! i sincerely hope that's what it is...and i hope it's on 360/wii/ps3!

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#236 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Did you mean gamecube (not wii), as most of the flips are currently wii, so coming up with some would not be much of a stretch.

And to answer the questions about the 8 years, divorce is not an option until my kids have left the nest, if it was I'd have been out 14 years ago ;)

That's why I'm staying blissfully single, since every woman I've ever dated has just kind of groaned once she found out I was a video gamer. Most will 'tolerate' it, but think like apparently a majority of society does, in that 'only kids should play video games'.

Either way best of luck, but if you're miserable, why drag things out? My parents divorced when I was very young and I turned out ok. :roll::-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#237 middleclassjoe

middleclassjoe

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

I think that coupon applies to last gen games only. Bummer.

#238 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

dude! 25% off coupon would be AMAZING!!!! i sincerely hope that's what it is...and i hope it's on 360/wii/ps3!

the new coupon that i saw was 25% extra TIV for ps2/xbox/gamecube games, which isn't great since most of those probably get $1 each on average. i hope they have 2 coupons this week, does that ever happen?

#239 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

A 25% trade-in boost on last-gen stuff for a store that's seriously in need of shelf space for the next gen stuff? Makes sense.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#240 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

A 25% trade-in boost on last-gen stuff for a store that's seriously in need of shelf space for the next gen stuff? Makes sense.

I was just thinking that. My local GS has well over 200 PS2 games just sitting there. Games no one is going to buy even if they are cheap.

And everyone. We have a new task ahead of us! The 25% off coupon isn't that bad. Lots of BBVs have Xbox/PS2/GC games for sale. A lot more of them than current gen. Here's a list from a previous thread.

FIRST OFF. Don't quote me on any of this. A lot of them might be out of date. THE TIV ARE WITH 40% EXTRA ADDED ON, NOT 35% SO THESE NUMBERS AREN'T GOOD. If you see any of them that are out of date, please do tell. And btw, cellphire coupon is better than this current one so I'm going to leave the 40%. If you really want to know what 35% extra is, do the math.

:ps2:
Barnyard $9.99 -> $8.40
Bee Movie Game $9.99 -> $8.40
Cars Mater National $9.99 -> $8.40
Destroy All Humans 2 $9.99 -> $8.40
Golden Compass $4.99 -> $5.60
Iridium Runner $4.99 -> $7
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night $9.99 -> $8.40
Manhunt 2 $9.99 -> $8.40
Rayman Raving Rabbids $9.99 -> $8.40
Silent Hill 3 $9.99 -> $11.20
Spiderman Friend or Foe $9.99 -> $8.40
SpongeBob Atlantis Squarepantis $9.99 -> $8.40
Tony Hawk Proving Ground $9.99 -> $8.40
Xenosaga Episode II $2.99 -> $4.20

:psp:
Brunswick Pro Bowling $6.99 -> $5.60
Dungeon Siege $9.99 -> $11.20
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles $9.99 -> $14
Killzone Liberation $9.99 -> $8.40
Manhunt 2 $14.99 -> $14

:gc:
Bratz Forever Diamondz $6.99 -> $7
Bratz Rock Angelz $2.99 -> $3.50
Legend of Zelda TP $14.99 -> $21
Lego Star Wars II $9.99 -> $12.60
Mario Party 5 $14.99 -> $14
Mario Power Tennis $14.99 -> $16.80
Mario Superstar Baseball $14.99 -> $12.60
Star Wars Jedi Knight II $14.99 -> $14
Super Smash Bros Melee $14.99 -> $14

:xbox:
Elder Scrolls III GOTY $6.99 -> $7.00
Ninja Gaiden Black $14.99 -> $14

Edited by DarkRider23, 10 October 2008 - 12:26 AM.