General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me, will solve the problem of posts on the last page or two of a GGT going largely unnoticed.

We can just have this one going, and if it gets too long for CAG, a MOD can close it and start a new thread.

Look at this guy, starting the mega thread :cool:

Third post?

edit: Boosh! Third post in the mega thread! I am teh coolz now! :roll: :lol:

I'm surprised there was a compromise honestly.

Anyone who's getting Left4Dead go ahead and add my gamertag. I'm all about the waves of zombies.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Anyone getting LBP? I haven't been on my PS3 in ages so need friends on there lol. So if anyone named Nirran adds you that is me.[/QUOTE]

I'll have LBP asap. Add me whenever you'd like to.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm surprised there was a compromise honestly.
[/QUOTE]

Me too. Seems silly to have such a fuss if all LP wanted was for us to stop with the silly titles and new threads after 500 posts.

Side point, does this mean the OTT can't have silly thread titles anymore?

So, do we start it over at number one, or continue? Or should this be locked and we continue in the last?

And yes ahadi, I was pounding f5 lol.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Anyone getting LBP? I haven't been on my PS3 in ages so need friends on there lol. So if anyone named Nirran adds you that is me.[/QUOTE]

me!!!

so no one wants to own me on Gears?

[quote name='dmaul1114']

Side point, does this mean the OTT can't have silly thread titles anymore?[/quote]

As if there was ever a Rape titled OTT...

:roll:

Sadly I no longer own the original on 360 or I'd be up to playing against you refused. I'll be up to playing against everyone when the second hits though.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Sadly I no longer own the original on 360 or I'd be up to playing against you refused. I'll be up to playing against everyone when the second hits though.[/QUOTE]

alrighty. im getting the second one also

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hate to bitch...but I loved silly titles.[/quote]

Yeah. Me to. I blame our cool titles being better than the OTTs. Its jealousy is all.

[quote name='DarthPuma']

And yes ahadi, I was pounding f5 lol.[/QUOTE]

I fucking knew it! Slick move....

Anyone else pumped for the Who Bob What Pants special tonight?

And would anyone be down for some PSN SCIV tonight?

[quote name='Ahadi']
And would anyone be down for some PSN SCIV tonight?[/QUOTE]

i maybe able to...what time?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manthing']As if there was ever a Rape titled OTT...

:roll:[/QUOTE]

LPs gripe with the thread titles was not that some where inappropriate, but that it made the threads hard to find...as per his post in the GGT 94.5 thread. Just seems like the rules should apply to both the GGT and OTT.

Anyway, I'm out for now as I need to finish up some work before Heroes comes on at 9.

[quote name='dmaul1114']LPs gripe with the thread titles was not that some where inappropriate, but that it made the threads hard to find...as per his post in the GGT 94.5 thread. Just seems like the rules should apply to both the GGT and OTT.[/QUOTE]
This is a Gaming board.

The OTT takes place in a miscellaneous board.

I never look at the General Gaming board anymore, because the first page is coated in 20 GGTs (not counting the RPG and Fighter threads; I'm counting the one open GGT, and the 19 closed GGTs that linger on the first page).

/slight exaggeration, for the borderline overly literal autistic

The General Gaming board used to be a good read, but now there are never any new, worthwhile threads.

The straight-up General board ALWAYS has activity, and the old OTTs are douched off of the first page in a hurry.

The General Gaming board looks like a fucking mess.

[quote name='Brak']This is a Gaming board.

The OTT takes place in a miscellaneous board.

I never look at the General Gaming board anymore, because the first page is coated in 20 GGTs (not counting the RPG and Fighter threads; I'm counting the one open GGT, and the 19 closed GGTs that linger on the first page).

/slight exaggeration, for the borderline overly literal autistic

The General Gaming board used to be a good read, but now there are never any new, worthwhile threads.

The straight-up General board ALWAYS has activity, and the old OTTs are douched off of the first page in a hurry.

The General Gaming board looks like a fucking mess.[/quote]

Yeah, that isn't an over exageration at all.:roll:

It was a fun ride, but everything ends. fuck it. I am glad to be lumped in with those who were all off topic. It just shows the maturity of the board in general and how close the mods are paying attention.

Ima play some Gears 2 when that comes out. I can't wait.

Thats cuz the GGT has replaced all those other threads that would normally be posted about random general gaming topics.

And the off-topic board has lots of activity cause not everyone keeps up with the OTT and many of them are just looking for specific attention.

[quote name='Krymner']Thats cuz the GGT has replaced all those other threads that would normally be posted about random general gaming topics.[/quote]
So you're telling me that everyone who would have normally read the General Gaming board posts in the GGT.

[quote name='Krymner']And the off-topic board has lots of activity cause not everyone keeps up with the OTT and many of them are just looking for specific attention.[/QUOTE]
And you're telling me that the General board has lots of activity, because people don't read the OTT.

What?

[quote name='refusedchaos']i maybe able to...what time?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure yet. I need to finish up some homework and catch the new Spongebob episode :lol:

I'll post when I can actually play.

I'm getting Gears 2, Banjo, and Left 4 Dead day one for sure. Everything else is up in there. I have to see if Fable and Fallout meet expectations. Quantum of Solace also looks pretty good.

There should be more Mega Man.

Mega Man 10!

And WTF about that Spelunker game coming to PSN? I'm all for retro remakes, but can't they pick something a little more well-known and more appreciated?

I'm getting LBP and Gears fo sho.

VC is a maybe, but likely. Fallout 3 depends on reviews, and will be from yf360gf if I do get it.

I'll grab Fallout 3 at a later date for PC, same goes for FarCry 2.

The only game I'm picking up between here and christmas is Fable 2. Other than that, I'll be grabbing metal slug 7 on the DS, and the rest of my wants will be picked up with leftover birthday/christmas money since the both hit at almost the same time.

[quote name='Krymner']There should be more Mega Man.

Mega Man 10!

And WTF about that Spelunker game coming to PSN? I'm all for retro remakes, but can't they pick something a little more well-known and more appreciated?[/quote]
I was listening to some podcast (probably 1UP Yours) and apparently Spelinker was somewhat popular in Japan.

Y'know, the discussions today got me wondering, how old are you guys anyway? Just curious - 20 here.

Well shoot, LBP is getting ridiculously high scores everywhere. Having played the beta, how can it score higher than SHH?

I'm 15, will be 16 in a month and two days.

So here's my plan:

Do this YF360GF thing, get fallout 3. Since I have to sign up for a month of gamefly, use that month to get and beat Dead Space.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was listening to some podcast (probably 1UP Yours) and apparently Spelinker was somewhat popular in Japan.[/quote]

Ah, maybe thats why then. I know the NES game is already up in the Virtual Console. All this really does is make me wonder why Sony doesn't release more PS1 games on the PSN. Like, there should be one a week at least, IMO. Instead, we get one like every three months. Sony R Stoopid

And I am the oldest GGTer. Damn kids, get off my lawn!

[quote name='distgfx']Y'know, the discussions today got me wondering, how old are you guys anyway? Just curious - 20 here.

Well shoot, LBP is getting ridiculously high scores everywhere. Having played the beta, how can it score higher than SHH?[/QUOTE]

Rocking 19 right here.

And LBP just looks like it has a high fun factor, even without the level creation tool.

Okay. I'm going to watch Spongebob and play Disgaea.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm 15, will be 16 in a month and two days.

So here's my plan:

Do this YF360GF thing, get fallout 3. Since I have to sign up for a month of gamefly, use that month to get and beat Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're worried about YF360, but it's completely legit. I scored so much stuff from them the first semester of my freshman year.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Once more, I'm 17, HS senior. And distgfx, I'm adding you for some Dead 4 Lefting.[/quote]

Bitchin' I can't commit genocide alone.

[quote name='Moxio']Just turned 13.[/quote]

I have the strangest feeling you're trying to pull a fast one on me. You clever dog you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back