Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #137: The Tokyo Game Show (not so) Special 2008

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

RE5 is purposely made with tank controls. The game is built around the limitations of those controls. If you give the player more control it takes away from the suspense of the game. If you could move and shoot at the same time, it makes almost all of tension of enemies coming at you. The chainsaw enemies would become just another enemy with more HP, and would not have to be taken on differently.

I am glad that RE has tank controls, keep that gears shit to gears.

Also the SF4 boss is called Seth after the Capcom Community Manager Seth Killian.

#32 Willeth

Willeth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Cheapy, I think you need to pay a little more attention when editing the show together - for this show and the previous two, Wombat's sound has slowly become out of sync with yours and it sounds like he interrupts you and then you take forever to answer. We had a similar issue with our show that made one of our episodes completely unlistenable, and so ever since we've recorded a backup with a Skype recorder, just in case.

I use PowerGramo and my co-host uses Pamela, and it makes it so much quicker to produce shows and there really isn't any drop in quality. I've gone from using the Skype recorder as a backup, to the main method of recording the show, with the individual recording as the backup instead. I'd recommend PowerGramo - it even splits the audio into left and right channels and doesn't watermark your recordings with anything, as well as allowing you to pipe music or sound effects through onto the recording/conversation if you want.

#33 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Ahhh... It's never a complete CAGcast without talking about toilets, pooping, vomiting, or rashes where the sun don't shine. Great show, guys!

#34 seakae

seakae

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

Fillet Mignon is the most delicious part of a cow. Shut your mouf, Wombat, or I'll shut it for you!

With some Fillet Mignon.

#35 Prophet Five

Prophet Five

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

"Man steak is big and has a bone in it."

It's good to see that Wombat's learning a lot from his new job :)

#36 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

Ahhh... It's never a complete CAGcast without talking about toilets, pooping, vomiting, or rashes where the sun don't shine. Great show, guys!

I was really disturbed when less than 5 minutes in, there was a rash/toilet story. Probably could've done without the Tai throw-up story, too, but hey, it's what kids do.

All in all, I enjoyed the show, even with the grossness.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#37 Spartan V07

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

I knew cheapyd was going to hate on Star Ocean 4 just because of how they look. Big deal about how they look, the game itself is what matters.

#38 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:13 AM

I'd vastly prefer Ship over wombat. I'd prefer a more informed, substantive podcast to one where one guy never seems to know what he's talking about.

#39 Prophet Five

Prophet Five

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

I've gotta stick up for Wombat a little here. I really enjoy listening to both Shipwreck and Wombat, and I think each of them brings something different to their respective shows. Shipwreck has a wider knowledge of games and is into a lot of stuff Cheapy and Wombat don't like, so he provides a fresh perspective. Wombat, on the other hand, has such a great overall chemistry with Cheapy that I'd really miss him if he left the show. I don't always agree with Wombat (or with Cheapy or Shipwreck, for that matter), but I definitely enjoy his presence and his point of view. I think he gets a bad rap a lot of the time just because he likes to put himself out there for the sake of making an entertaining show.

#40 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

I'd vastly prefer Ship over wombat. I'd prefer a more informed, substantive podcast to one where one guy never seems to know what he's talking about.

You are entitled to your opinion, but does your user title need to be personally hurtful? Did I do something to you to deserve that?

#41 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

You are entitled to your opinion, but does your user title need to be personally hurtful? Did I do something to you to deserve that?

Don't worry Wombat, I haven't read anything nice posted by him.
For me, your humor is really the only reason I listen to the show.

#42 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:00 AM

Wombat, put him on ignore. outta sight, outta mind. some people find it easy to attack others on the internets.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#43 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

I'd vastly prefer Ship over CheapyD. I'd prefer a more informed, substantive podcast to one where one guy never seems to know what he's talking about.

Fixed.

#44 peteyrose

peteyrose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:37 AM

Wombat was awesome on Player One, I'd love him to see him guest on that show more often.

#45 Kromax

Kromax

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

Great show, but damn, that's two weak show titles in a row. I guess you were so dead-set on getting "Tokyo Game Show" into the title this week that you missed the obvious What Can Brown Do for You?.

Anyway, I particularly enjoyed the opening discussion comparing Cheapy and Wombat's day to day lives. As a fellow Long Islander commuting to Manhattan on a daily basis, I just wanted to say I love you, Cheapy (in the non romantic you're a cool guy and I respect what you've accomplished, think you're funny and probably a relatively cool dude, and can look past your garish appearance kind of way), but Fuck you.

Wombat, we young professionals must stick together. You're the man.

More stories about anal rashes please.
1 Wife
2 Kids
2 Xboxes
1 PS3
1 Wii
3 PSPs

#46 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

I gotta say that it was good that Wombat was on Player One Podcast cuz he didn't get to say too much in this show. But the TGS stories from Cheapy were fantastic. It never gets old. Great show once again.

Btw, who knew that Cheapy was a Starcraft player? I'll take you on dude. ;)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#47 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

I think the whole Shipwreck vs Wombat argument is overdone and pointless.

Wombat's a busy guy, managing to support his wife and now daughter with his jobs he's always been pretty unhappy with.

Shipwreck is happy in his job and has plenty of free time like Cheapy has mentioned, allowing him to do CAG-related stuff on the side without much of an issue.

If Wombat had a full time job at either CAG or UGO, I'm sure he'd be great in his duties because it would allow him to do something he loved while supporting his family, instead of having to fight between the two.

And that picture of all the westerners waiting for food is awesome, I spot Luke Smith, :P

#48 bardiya27

bardiya27

CAGausaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

This really relates to CagCast 136, never had a chance to make a comment on this.

Cheapy, you can speak for yourself and say you might not care about games such as Punch-Out, Sin & Punishment 2, Mario & Luigi RPG, or as you said it "bunch of other shit nobody cares about."

I would qualify you speaking about NHL 09 for 5 minutes in one of the earlier podcasts as "bunch of other shit nobody cares about", but according you a new yearly iteration of a hockey game is more exciting than sequels for one of the best on-rail shooters (Sin and Punishment 2), one of the better RPG franchises (Mario RPGs), and one of the best fighting game (Punch-Out, a sequel the majority of Wii owners have been waiting for).

It's fine if NHL 09 gets you more excited than these 3 games, but don't claim that the 3 games I listed are a bunch of shit nobody cares about just because you don't care about them.

Posted Image

#49 DustoMan

DustoMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hey Cheapy just a quick correction related to one of your prior shows. SecuROM - the shitty DRM in Spore and other PC games is pronounced SECURE-ROM and not SEC-U-ROM.

#50 GaryZero

GaryZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

I think the whole Shipwreck vs Wombat argument is overdone and pointless.

I agree, they both have their awesome goodness. With Wombat I get funny and entertained. With Shipwreck I get reviews of nutty RPG's no one I know plays except he and I.

If you do bring Ship just bring his show into Cagcast but leave out 75% of the small talk from Foreplay.
Posted Image

Posted Image

XBL: ZERombie / PSN: GaryZero / OnLive: ZERombie

#51 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

Give the guy a break he has a kid to look after,and another job.

#52 Dave Core 82

Dave Core 82

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

Mrs Shipwreck mentioned on the last show that something they were talking about (I can't remember what) would not interest their target audience.

Just who is their target audience? I don't think it's the dads of 5 year old daughters that want to buy games for the kids and need to decide between Harvest Moon and Pony Adventure. I think the people who listen to CAG Foreplay are some of the same people that listen to the CAGcast.

With that said, I feel like Shipwreck's talent and knowledge is wasted by doing the CAG Foreplay. Don't get me wrong, I think Mrs Shipwreck is cool, but I would MUCH prefer a show with CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck then two different shows with super-talented Shipwreck talking about Fallout 3 for 2 minutes before being cutoff by Mrs Shipwreck who then goes on to talk about Pony games for 5 minutes.

This is my first post in this forum. It's my feeling of wanting Shipwreck to invest his CAG time in a more efficient manner that brought me to subscribe and post here. Am I the only one not enjoying CAG Foreplay lately?

And Wombat is great and I want him to stay on the show. I just think Shipwreck would make a great addition to the CAGcast team.

#53 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

Wombat's great. He wasn't able to talk much since he wasn't at TGS. That's all.

#54 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

If you don't like the podcast, go listen to another. The CAGCast is more laid back than others, which is why I listen.

Posted Image

#55 rick1000

rick1000

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:46 AM

why the hell do you allways delete my cag blogs are you still mad at the cag blog crap I started at the launch of cag 2.0 I'm just trying to get the true story out about what happend on that faithful night and how you banned the wrong guy

#56 XUGrad

XUGrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:13 AM

I love the CAGcast and often listen to it multiple times throughout the week. Cheapy and Wombat remind me of two friends just shooting the shit and posting it for everyone to hear. Being roughly the same age as them, I can relate to their stories and jokes. The first time I heard Wombat, I couldn't tell if he was just playing devil's advocate or really believed everything he was saying. I quickly figured out that he was mostly playing devil's advocate and it made the show that much more enjoyable. Not that Wombat needs anybody sticking up for him, but I noticed a lot more personal attacks on him lately. What is the point, really? These comments are not adding to the discussion at all. Keep your personal attacks to yourself. If you disagree with what they say, fine. If you don't like them, find something else to listen to. But don't make things personal.

On a different note, I know Cheapy is really looking forward to LBP and Ship seems to "need" it but I have a feeling it will be more of a fad than the Wii. Initial sales will be strong and there will be a group of people who really stay involved with it but I don't see it having any staying power.

Looking forward to the next show!

#57 ocelot24

ocelot24

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hey cheap and wombat,
i have two questions for you-
1. why do you always buy multi platform games for your 360's and not ps3 ?
2. who are your favorite game publishers ?

#58 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hey Cheapy just a quick correction related to one of your prior shows. SecuROM - the shitty DRM in Spore and other PC games is pronounced SECURE-ROM and not SEC-U-ROM.

actually, many other podcasts pronounce it the same way as Cheapy when they were wondering how it was pronounced. i think that's what the company calls themselves, not sure. although i agree that i prounounced it as SECURE-ROM as well.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#59 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

actually, many other podcasts pronounce it the same way as Cheapy when they were wondering how it was pronounced. i think that's what the company calls themselves, not sure. although i agree that i prounounced it as SECURE-ROM as well.

But there's no "e" and Secu-rom just sounds better, more ominous, so no I don't think we will change the way we pronounce it.

#60 Dave Core 82

Dave Core 82

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

Hey Wombat, I finished listening to the player one podcast last night. I think it was one of the most fun and laid-back show I've listened to in a while. I didn't burst out laughing at any time but I had this constant smile on my face. I thought you looked pretty sharp on that episode.