Shmup News & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#541 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Depends on the condition, and how complete it is--are those just the bare boards? If it has the art, then I'd say that it's a very good price.

The Garegga board is pretty hard to find, and those that are selling it want a silly amount of money for it, but on the other hand, you could just get the Saturn disc cheaper. My interest in arcade boards is over with. Unless you're good with fixing/maintaining them, it's just a pain in the ass to collect, not to mention a money sink compared to console versions.

Just the boards. I just got an astro city arcade machine and I want to play some shmups on it but abit of me don't want to pay that much for donpachi and battle garrega since I do have them for my Saturn. I might go ahead and get progear since I always wanted to play it and I don't have to put the screen vertically.

#542 weevles

weevles

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

It's a reasonable price, but then again, I'm not into collecting boards, so I wouldn't even bother with them. :p

#543 weevles

weevles

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

New info on the XBLA release of Radiant Silvergun.

http://www.siliconer...ated-cutscenes/

Going to be a must buy for me--the Saturn version was one of those games that I just didn't have the stomach to shell out big bucks for.

Also, some info on Strania, G. Rev's XBLA shmup:

http://www.facebook....209801209030763

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410aa5

#544 JEKKI

JEKKI

JEKKI WOO FOO FOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:17 AM

ok this looks amazing.

http://www.jamestowngame.com/

reminding me once again that I have a whole backlog of indie n classic shmups I needa dediate a whole day jus to play thru...

#545 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

Wow. These upcoming games look awesome.
Posted Image

#546 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

I just bought ketsui ds and I can't wait to get it. Anyone play it?

#547 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

ok this looks amazing.

<YouTube vid excised for brevity>

http://www.jamestowngame.com/

reminding me once again that I have a whole backlog of indie n classic shmups I needa dediate a whole day jus to play thru...

This looks awesome... and then I saw it was for PC. Dang. I wish it were an XBLA or XBIG title. Oh well.

#548 brighenne

brighenne

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Does anyone know if the Platinum Collection version of Espgaluda II is going to be region free?

#549 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

Does anyone know if the Platinum Collection version of Espgaluda II is going to be region free?

I have read that it is not region free.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#550 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I just bought ketsui ds and I can't wait to get it. Anyone play it?

Yes. It's just all boss battles, but nice to have on a portable.

The iphone Cave shmups are more "complete" games, though.

#551 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

Yes. It's just all boss battles, but nice to have on a portable.

The iphone Cave shmups are more "complete" games, though.

I like the iphone games but the collector in me wanted that Ketsui ds version. I wanted to purchase it before but had no ds unit. When I noticed a cag had one sale for a decent price I was in.

#552 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Ng:dev fast striker is 99 cents on the iPhone.

#553 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

Looked up some of the games mentioned on the last page here lately and they're kind of out my price range. Might have to dig deep on past pages in this thread to figure out what the best region free games are.

Related, I picked up Ultimate Shooting Collection and Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii awhile back. Now I just need to get a Wii in May. Almost picked up a copy of Chaos Field for the GCN, but passed since I have USC. Also, got Death Smiles, but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

#554 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

Yeah, don't get Chaos Field. Second reference to it I've seen on CAG in the past couple days but it isn't good. At all.

I bit on Eschatos and Mushihimesama Futari yesterday. I'm as psyched to try Judgement Silversword as much as either of the "real" titles.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#555 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Looked up some of the games mentioned on the last page here lately and they're kind of out my price range. Might have to dig deep on past pages in this thread to figure out what the best region free games are.

Related, I picked up Ultimate Shooting Collection and Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii awhile back. Now I just need to get a Wii in May. Almost picked up a copy of Chaos Field for the GCN, but passed since I have USC. Also, got Death Smiles, but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

You'll have to let me know how Castle Shikigami III and USC is.
Posted Image

#556 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Lords of Thunder is the shit. Almost finished it, got to the last boss's final form, then died like a bitch. :cry:

Love the OST.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#557 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Why are you guys playing these stupid Space Invaders / Rayden clones?

#558 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

I'm all bout dat Xevious.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#559 weevles

weevles

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

I'm liking the Strania demo. I'll full game that and Trouble Witches Neo. Haven't tried the demo for that yet, but it reminds me of the Cotton series of shmups, and I liked those games.

#560 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

I've only played like 15 minutes of Strania so far, but yeah, I really liked it. Seems like a return to form for G.Rev... which is good, because I loved Border Down and Under Defeat but hated the Senko no Ronde games and that Mamoru-kun bullshit they had a hand in.

Trouble Witches was better than I would've expected. It's a cute-em-up, so it doesn't make you feel manly, and the music is kinda weak, but the gameplay is definitely solid (based on the demo, at least.) I'll be picking that one up, as well.

#561 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Strania is good shit. No regrets in buying that one. ^__^

#562 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

Has anyone gotten a copy of Espgaluda II Black Label (Platinum Collection) yet, or heard if it is region free? It is still showing "?" on Play-Asia... I really want to get it but unfortunately I can't swing a JP X360 anytime soon if it is JP only.
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#563 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

According to NCSX it is region free. That said, I don't know if they're simply assuming but an email would answer it.

In other shmup news, I didn't get my games today so no weekend of shooting for me :(

I'll just play some Raiden Fighters instead.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#564 brighenne

brighenne

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

Espgaluda ii platinum was confirmed region free:

http://www.siliconer...ts-region-free/

#565 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

I need to order Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II still. Should keep me busy for a bit.

#566 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:10 AM

Eschatos is pretty good. Very simple with no real power ups to speak of (unless they're in the alternate versions). I'm reminded of Trizeal but I think that's just the graphics talking. It has been forever since I played Trizeal. Judgement Silversword is jaw-dropping given the fact that it's a Wonderswan game. It might be better than Eschatos.

Mushihimesama Futari is beautiful. I only got to play it for like 10 minutes but wow, I'm looking forward to much more of it.

#567 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Any game that reminds me of Trizeal = bad game. [-(

#568 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

I might have to pick up Trouble witches.

According to Play Asia, the compatiblity is unknown. (They have ? by compatibility)
Posted Image

#569 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Any game that reminds me of Trizeal = bad game. [-(

It's mostly the graphics. They're sort of intentionally retro-simple. It looks better/is better than Trizeal. And the more I play Judgement Silversword, the more it is obvious that Eschatos is meant to be its big brother sequel. I think I paid 78.90 + shipping for it which is about par for imports nowadays.

#570 weevles

weevles

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

http://www.gametrail...yer/713495.html