Da 808 State

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#331 redsoxfan808

redsoxfan808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. Mainly looking at this for the streaming capabilities. Sounds like there may not be much value added to a scenario where one has cable plus PS3 and/or Xbox 360. Although at $50, might be worthwhile to try it out. ;)

#332 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

Let's all play fair at the blockbuster sale fellas. I'm sure there's enough to go around.

#333 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Let's all play fair at the blockbuster sale fellas. I'm sure there's enough to go around.

Alright...Now you realize by saying that...I have to put on my game face and go after your stores right? :lol:

#334 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. Mainly looking at this for the streaming capabilities. Sounds like there may not be much value added to a scenario where one has cable plus PS3 and/or Xbox 360. Although at $50, might be worthwhile to try it out. ;)

Your xbox and PS3 has the same streaming capabilities as the roku. the only thing missing is connecting a external HD directly to them. But you can get routers that have a USB connection to access a HD on your network. The roku was initially designed for people to stream netflix only and then it adapted into pandora, hulu plus, and the external hard drive part. In the end you probably pay about the same amount either way although the roku does look cool.:D

IMO, the roku is only worth it in your case to stream ripped movies from a HD across a network and $50 is a good price for that. Especially on a tv without the consoles. If you can live with that, go for it!

#335 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

Please leave Kahala with some decent items :lol:

#336 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Anyone got anything good at BBV this weekend? I managed to get some games I've been looking to get.

On a side note has anyone traded into book off, I got some games I got from gamefly that im done playing and looking for somewhere to trade it in, the bestbuy values for these games are super low (like crysis 2 is $2 tiv at bby lol).

#337 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Never heard of book off, but I normally do my trade ins with Best Buy with the bonus. If not, it's to Amazon.

#338 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Went to Target yesterday and today and it looks like they restocked their clearance game shelves. They had some decent games, but I didn't pick anything up. I've seen cheaper prices at some point, but there were some decent deals. Go check it out if you guys are in the area. Lots of DS/3DS games too.

Went to Kahala BBV last night and picked up 5 games for $30. Dragon Age II (PS3), Bulletstorm LE (PS3), Resistance 2, Super Street Fighter IV (360) and Transformers War for Cybertron (360). At $6 each I'm pretty happy with that haul. The girl helping me said they pull games and put it for sale all the time so the selection might change up. Happy hunting

#339 rodeomothh

rodeomothh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Anyone got anything good at BBV this weekend? I managed to get some games I've been looking to get.

On a side note has anyone traded into book off, I got some games I got from gamefly that im done playing and looking for somewhere to trade it in, the bestbuy values for these games are super low (like crysis 2 is $2 tiv at bby lol).

I've traded into the Pearlridge Bookoff store. Outside of that store, they had bonus trade-ins for certain games, such as $40 for certain games. That was a while back though and I haven't been there for a while. If I'm not mistaken, they follow Amazon's trade values.

#340 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Went to Target yesterday and today and it looks like they restocked their clearance game shelves. They had some decent games, but I didn't pick anything up. I've seen cheaper prices at some point, but there were some decent deals. Go check it out if you guys are in the area. Lots of DS/3DS games too.

Went to Kahala BBV last night and picked up 5 games for $30. Dragon Age II (PS3), Bulletstorm LE (PS3), Resistance 2, Super Street Fighter IV (360) and Transformers War for Cybertron (360). At $6 each I'm pretty happy with that haul. The girl helping me said they pull games and put it for sale all the time so the selection might change up. Happy hunting

I saw those on Fri but passed. Lucky you I guess! There wasn't really anything I wanted, just browsing.

BTW, I went to BB this afternoon and saw 6 people camping for BF already! Is it one of you people?!? :applause:

#341 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

I seen someone camping at the Aiea one on Monday when I was there picking up some games, employees said those people were there since Saturday o.O

I think all the stuff I am going to get for BF is going to be online.

#342 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Was at Target Wed nite and they had a whole shelf of clearance games but hit and miss. LA Noire for $20, FO New Vegas $12ish, Transformers ROTF. And a bunch of shovelware too. Worth checking out but everything should be cheaper elsewhere this weekend.

#343 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

Was tempted to go to Walmart to try and scoop some games. But didn't want to deal with it and figured Amazon will get everything and they pretty much did. Will probably stroll into Walmart and/or Best Buy before work and see if anything is left.

#344 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

I seen someone camping at the Aiea one on Monday when I was there picking up some games, employees said those people were there since Saturday o.O

I think all the stuff I am going to get for BF is going to be online.

I saw those people. It was like a family of 4 or more and they had a TV in their tent! LOL. I don't know anything that is worth camping out that long for, c'mon people.

#345 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

I saw those on Fri but passed. Lucky you I guess! There wasn't really anything I wanted, just browsing.

BTW, I went to BB this afternoon and saw 6 people camping for BF already! Is it one of you people?!? :applause:

Thanks for passing :bouncy:

#346 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

So did anyone score a Batman AC and AA bundle for $28 at Walmart? That was a nice score.

#347 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

So did anyone score a Batman AC and AA bundle for $28 at Walmart? That was a nice score.

I looked for that at the one in Pearl City but there wasn't a damned thing.

RayeKasai.png

#348 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Went to Best Buy Aiea last night and they had a bunch of copies of the following:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/360)
Batman: Arkham City (360)
Battlefield 3 (PS3/360)
Gears of War 3 (360)
Need for Speed: The Run (360)
RAGE (PS3)

All of them on sale for $30 (sans AC:R, which is $35).

Edited by Raye, 26 November 2011 - 10:58 PM.

RayeKasai.png

#349 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Went to Best Buy Aiea last night and they had a bunch of copies of the following:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3/360)
Battlefield 3 (PS3/360)
Gears of War 3 (360)
Need for Speed: The Run (360)
RAGE (PS3)

All of them on sale for $30 (sans AC:R, which is $35).

I didn't do any shopping yesterday. No way I'm getting pepper sprayed! :lol:

We're actually lucky, the BB BF online deals went live around 10pm our time so there was plenty of time to order. Something to keep in mind for any upcoming sales.

#350 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

I didn't do any shopping yesterday. No way I'm getting pepper sprayed! :lol:

We're actually lucky, the BB BF online deals went live around 10pm our time so there was plenty of time to order. Something to keep in mind for any upcoming sales.

Uncharted 3 wasn't there and that was the only thing I wanted. Got lucky and scored from BB.com, however, along with the Zelda 3DS.

RayeKasai.png

#351 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

I went to Walmart in town and one in Pearl City trying to score a Yakuza 4. There was nothing really left at PC, but Walmart town had tons of all the games on sale except Yakuza 4 (and that Batman AA/AC double pack). Just bought Heavy Rain DC for $15. Got Batman at BB because I had credit. Seeing how many games and what the games were , I have a feeling Yakuza was never available to begin with.

#352 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

Went to target salt lake to checkout what they had and clearance and it was kinda empty. Did see a Gears of War 3 LE for $19.98 but I bought one last time so I left that one there. Hoping to see more stuff on clearance this coming week!

I went to Walmart in town and one in Pearl City trying to score a Yakuza 4. There was nothing really left at PC, but Walmart town had tons of all the games on sale except Yakuza 4 (and that Batman AA/AC double pack). Just bought Heavy Rain DC for $15. Got Batman at BB because I had credit. Seeing how many games and what the games were , I have a feeling Yakuza was never available to begin with.

I went to Walmart PC yesterday to see if they still had Yakuza 4 but didn't find any. They did still have most of the $10 games from BF still ringing up at $10 like Blood Drive (PS3/360) / MJ Experience (PS3). I noticed they had orange dots on them and a sticker UPC probably why its still ringing up $10 since its a generic upc sticker.

#353 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

I managed to find a Yakuza 4 at the town Walmart. It was buried in a shopping cart along with the other BF cheap games. This was last week.

#354 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Saw a Pokemon DSi for $104.xx at Stadium Target.

#355 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

BestBuy has Dead Space 2 CE for PC at $19.99 on their website. Instore says $69.99 but we all know how good they are at updating prices. Just pricematch to the website. I saw 2 left yesterday at Iwilei but I didn't buy any.

#356 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

I dunno who else is following the BB thread about newly dropped game prices. Batman AC was $34.99 online and no store pickup. I remember seeing one, I think PS3, at Iwilei on Saturday. Should be able to pricematch since its not outlet. Post if you get it!

#357 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

I saw :360: guitar hero warriors of rock for $29.99 and the wii version for $19.99 also. DJ hero 2 bundle was $9.99, all at iwilei.

Edit: sorry the gh wor is just the guitar bundle I think. Could be wrong though since I didnt examine it closely.

Edited by boneless, 17 December 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#358 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Target by Stadium put in some new games in their Clearance bin. Dark Souls for $29.99, Deus Ex for $34.99 (Xbox) and $24.99 (PS3). There was some other Wii games and a PS3 Tiger Woods 12 Masters for $19.99. Surprised to see some fairly new games. I already own all of them so no buys for me.

#359 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sort of OT, but has anyone used http://www.shiptohawaii.com/ before? I have read that people use this to get IKEA stuff shipped here and I was interested in knowing how well it works and the pricing. I also have a sister that have a spare 50" plasma TV she is willing to give to me, but problem is she lives in California. I was thinking this service might be useful, but I can't find much about it.

#360 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

I've never used it, but remember hearing about it awhile back. The website has alot of links to articles in the paper. Seems like a good option since you negate the sales tax to CA and can get overall reduced shipping costs.