Da 808 State

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#31 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:36 AM

The one by Salt Lake had nothing. Anyone get there before Sunday?

Then I went to the Pearl City one and saw some games but none that I was looking for. I decided to pick up bulletwitch for $5 but when they scanned it, it still showed up as $50. I tried to get them to press the total button to see if it would dropped but they fed me the "No, our prices are what it scans at and can be different from other stores" line. I might try again later if drive by there later this week. Any ideas of what to say besides the my friend did this earlier line?

anyway so wheres everyones "area?" I go to the Mililani one every now and then.. and sometimes on my way home from work, Ill stop by the Pearl City one

#32 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

What are you looking for? I've pretty much hit all the ones in town and can probably remember where has what.

#33 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:50 AM

What are you looking for? I've pretty much hit all the ones in town and can probably remember where has what.

ds games
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Professor Layton
Clubhouse games
The World Ends with You

Guitar Hero 3
Bulletwitch
Blue Dragon

was mainly looking for those but if you can recommend a good ds/360 game [or a wii game for little kids] that you saw somewhere, that'd be great.

#34 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

ds games
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings If you mean the one with the black cover, probably Ala Moana but xeroxed cover art. Hawaii Kai had used for cheaper, but call them first
Professor Layton Haven't seen anymore, bought the last at HK, sorry :-#
Clubhouse games not sure
The World Ends with You was looking for it too, no luck

Guitar Hero 3 not sure, I saw kits at Kaheka and HK, try Kaheka first
Bulletwitch not sure
Blue Dragon I might have seen a used one at HK but can't remember price

was mainly looking for those but if you can recommend a good ds/360 game [or a wii game for little kids] that you saw somewhere, that'd be great.

I saw new Wii Wario Shake at Kaheka because I almost bought it ($20 maybe?). Kids may like that. Also had new Lego Batman for 360 for $20-25 which I heard is good.

Basically it boils down to these:

Ala Moana - average to good DS, 360 and Wii selection, majority with no original cover art, especially the DS

Kaheka - smaller selection, but has stuff the others don't like Wario shake and lego batman

Kahala - smallest selection, price is meh, worst store for me

Hawaii Kai - my favorite so far but has much less new stuff, more used, or the new is more adult like GTA IV or Fallout 3, seems to have the cheapest price but could be my imagination. I know used here is definitely cheaper than all the others, they do have a well stocked "new" cart with ample 360 stuff

Hope this helps

#35 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

I was conveniently near some BBV today and saw what's left. Even though there's supposed to be a clearance sale on new, don't forget to check used too. I picked up Condemned 2 for $5 at Ala Moana. There's still alot of stuff out there. HK still has a PS3 Fallout 3 CE and Brothers in arms CE. There's a a PS3 GTA IV CE at Kaheka.

#36 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:30 AM

Picked up a copy of Folklore (PS3) at Sears Ala Moana for $14.97. It is still tagged $59.99 and there are 3 copies left.

#37 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

I guess there's some silent CAGs here. I went to Sears today and got the last copy.

#38 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

I guess there's some silent CAGs here. I went to Sears today and got the last copy.

News must travel really fast around here...
Anyone know if they are putting games on clearance @Target yet?

#39 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

If anyone here is planning to hit the Best Buy sale on Sunday, looks like you won't have much problems with stock. I went to Iwilei and there's plenty of QoS with T-shirt for PS3 and 360, and most other games on the list. The others were stickered but didn't check to see all. I was at Aiea earlier in the week and no stickers, but plenty of QofS t-shirt for 360, and I'm guessing at least some of the other games.

BTW, don't bother for MLB'08 in Iwilei, I got the last one. :roll:

#40 iamFLIP

iamFLIP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Any of BBV stores still takes game trade-ins?

#41 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

Any of BBV stores still takes game trade-ins?

I think they all are. I think only the new games that were marked down and any new trade-ins are being shipped out to mainland.

#42 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

Who went to BB today? I was going to go but I ended up reinstalling starcraft and played it all night and next thing you know its 7 am. took a nap until 9am then asked myself if I really wanted to drive down there, but the chance of being disappointed [which BB is good at] told me to forget it and I just went back to sleep.

on another note.. anyone here got a spare wired M$ 360 controller for cheap?

#43 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

I was one of the guys that pre-purchased. Got MLB'08, QoS, NFL head coach, and chinatown wars. When I went at 4pm, they still had most of the stuff except SC and Pure which were sold out to begin with.

#44 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Nothing was there when I went after work. Luckily I was able to head down to Sears Pearlridge with the BB ad and PM Soul Calibur 4. Of course all of my co-workers had to get a copy after that too and we each got a copy for $6.99 before tax. Sorry boys and girls, no Soul Cals left :(

Walmart near Ala Moana still has a lot of SC4's left. Just bring the ad.

PS. Shoutout to boneless. Picked up my first penny guides tonight at BB thanks to that sexy guy.

#45 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

Nothing was there when I went after work. Luckily I was able to head down to Sears Pearlridge with the BB ad and PM Soul Calibur 4. Of course all of my co-workers had to get a copy after that too and we each got a copy for $6.99 before tax. Sorry boys and girls, no Soul Cals left :(

Walmart near Ala Moana still has a lot of SC4's left. Just bring the ad.

PS. Shoutout to boneless. Picked up my first penny guides tonight at BB thanks to that sexy guy.

You have learned well grasshopper :bouncy:

BTW anyone know if Sears of Walmart has Pure? And if a BBV near them is still taking trade-in games?(not for flipping Pure, that's for me) I called all the BBV in town and they stopped taking in trades.

#46 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

BTW anyone know if Sears of Walmart has Pure? And if a BBV near them is still taking trade-in games?(not for flipping Pure, that's for me) I called all the BBV in town and they stopped taking in trades.

Walmart near Ala Moana has Pure for 360. They will find any reason not to PM though so good luck with that!

#47 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Just checked out Pearl City Walmart for Pure. They had it but they wouldn't PM because BB didn't have it in stock.

PHAIL :(

#48 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Came back from BB aiea and got
WWE SvR 2008 [not stickered, 1 left],
NHL 2k9 [a few left, thought NHL 09 was $10 but thats still $60]
QoS w/ XL Tee [not stickered, i think 7 left? on the low shelf in front of the 360 games]
50 dvd-r verbatims $13 [last one on floor though some dvd+r still there]

total $45

wanted pure, sc4, IU, and samba but i dont think they were even there to begin with

other stuff i saw when quickly browsing:
007 Quantum of Solace
Clive Barkers Jericho [1 left i think]
Fracture [1-2 left]
NFL Head Coach 09
NFL Tour
NHL 2k9
Rock Revolution
Spiderwick Chronicles
Universe at War
WWE 2008 [1]

wii
Naked Brothers Band W/Microphone [lots]
Petz Crazy Monkeyz
Popstar Guitar [lots]
Rubiks World
Tales Of Desperaux

ds
Prince of Persia
Quantum of Solace
Tecmo Bowl
Ultimate Band

#49 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Came back from BB aiea and got
WWE SvR 2008 [not stickered, 1 left],
NHL 2k9 [a few left, thought NHL 09 was $10 but thats still $60]
QoS w/ XL Tee [not stickered, i think 7 left? on the low shelf in front of the 360 games]
50 dvd-r verbatims $13 [last one on floor though some dvd+r still there]

total $45

The Iwilei is out of t-shirt QoS. I guess there were a few CAG that couldn't make it on Sun. Mostly the junk stuff left. The shirt's not too bad, it just says 007 on it, not QoS or pic of the guy.

Hawaii Kai BBV still has a bunch of new clearance games available, especially good stuff for the PS3 Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Mirror's edge, etc.......man, this last week has been killer on wallet.

#50 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

I was talking to BBV csr and all BBV have different prices on their used stuff. New is mostly the same as all BBV in HI are corporate, but they cater the used prices to the area. Hawaii Kai has a fair amount of used and pricely lower than others. They still have a lot of new PS3 games for clearance.

#51 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:16 AM

I need to get over my phobia of used games. Haven't seen any worthwhile deals on my side from any retailers recently.

#52 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

You should give it a try. HK had used GTA IV for $10 at BBV. They have a 30day return policy if it's defective. Gamestop has a 7 day return policy, and if matched correctly with the weekly coupon or B2G1, you can save almost 30-40% on new titles.

#53 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

It's just that I've had bad luck with used games in the past. I can thank GS for that.
Scratched up discs, manuals in bad condition, stuff growing inside the cases...you name it.

#54 n4tiv3

n4tiv3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

It's just that I've had bad luck with used games in the past. I can thank GS for that.
Scratched up discs, manuals in bad condition, stuff growing inside the cases...you name it.

I can say that I've had my fair share of bad luck with them as well.
But I started to frequent a certain one recently and got to know some of the employees. Nothing major, but they never hassle me (reservations, warranty, etc.) and always pick the best looking copy of a game for me.

Not too long ago they even let me switch out all my red label PS2 games for black label ones. Now I pretty much shop there exclusively.

However, I do wish we could get some other retailers here like on Oahu.
If only to take advantage of the other deals floating around.

#55 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:21 AM

I saw SF4 SE sticks (PS3) at the Ala Moana and Moanalua GS locations for $69.99. Boxes were kind of dented so I didn't bite. Also holding off until I can get my hands on a TE stick.

#56 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

Anyone know if the local Walmart has the PSN cards on sale? It seems to hit some places in CA. Although I have checked what were supposed to be clearance games on the mainland, but were still at MSRP locally.

#57 dav_surf

dav_surf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

Sears Ala Moana has Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith bundles for 24.99. I saw PS3 PS2 and 360.

#58 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

BBV in Hawaii Kai still has plenty of new PS3 games on clearance. I saw a used SFIV in Kahala for I think $40 a few days ago. Oh yeah, most BBV should have a lot more used games for sale since they just shifted over a bunch of rentals within the last week or two. I saw stacks of games waited to be retagged last week at HK. Ala Moana is kinda scarce and dunno about Kaheka.

#59 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

Went to Kahala Mall Gamestop to pick up my UFC undisputed preorder today, and browsed the used PS3 wall, hoping to get Resistance for $15 or other games to be used with the 20% off coupon. The two copies of resistance were tagged at 27 bucks and everything else seemed to be priced higher than I expected. Wasn't jonesin' too much for games so didn't take any up to be scanned.

Also, clearance at Windward Mall sears is a pallet of PS2 and wii games, mostly Disney type, nothing good that I remember.

Honolulu Kmart: no games on clearance.

I've not been to a BBV in ages, but might check out the Kahala BBV next time I'm out there!

#60 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I've not been to a BBV in ages, but might check out the Kahala BBV next time I'm out there!

Just want to clarify so you don't waste a trip. I talked to HK and saw the stacks of games to transfer to sale, but am unsure how it went with the other stores. Piikoi had very little and I didn't go to Kaheka. Kahala did have more than I noticed from a month ago, and HK, they had a full section, Good luck!

Edited by boneless, 20 May 2009 - 07:07 PM.