• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#211 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

NO WONDER it wasn't working!

I was using the old dated VALUE code. That was working for me on the old site for ages!

I tried SAVER and NOW it works!

I am such a friggin' moron. Thank you all for giving me the heads up!
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

#212 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:17 AM

So anyone here gonna try get Blur for $20 with the manufacture coupon and the sale price and report back here if it works? The best buy in dillingham seems so strict that I don't know if they'll take it.

#213 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:07 AM

I plan on trying over by Pearlridge. Let you know how it goes

#214 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

I'm pretty sure it would work. The manufacturers coupon are different from their in-store coupons. I'm confident enough to even put up a fight a bit than trying to use one of the rewardzone coupons on a sale item.

#215 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Thanks guys. I think I am gonna try it too since I just rented Split/Second from Gamefly and really wanted to play Blur.

#216 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Thanks guys. I think I am gonna try it too since I just rented Split/Second from Gamefly and really wanted to play Blur.

I really like split second. The first time I tried it I was like, meh...but I got it at $40 at BB minus some $5 rewards to like $15 and gave it another shot. It get's more fun after the 3rd or 4th episode. Although I can see it getting monotonous if you're not that into it. I tried the Blur demo and it's nice to drive the real cars but really similar to mario kart. I think both are different enough that I would buy each, especially at $20. I want to buy modnation racers too but not until maybe $30.

#217 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Yeah, definitely get Blur. Get the X360 version, it has a bigger community.

I already have the PC and X360 version of the game, but this manufacturer coupon is just too tempting for me to not get the PS3 version just for the sake of being able to have access to all three communities.

I'll take a crack at the Dillingham one with the sale tomorrow.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

#218 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Just went to the one on the Kam by Pearlridge and got Blur for $10. Not too bad

#219 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

Got it for $11.41 at Iwilei!!!!! Score!!!! The tax is based on the total before manufacturer's coupon for you math wizards.

#220 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

How did you guys get both coupon to stack? Do you just give them both coupons?

#221 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

I gave them both and the clerk was just asked if I wanted to use both. I said I would like to if it allows it so he tried it and it went through.

#222 pokadotpowerpuff

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:51 AM

Just went to the one at Iwilei and they wouldn't let me stack the manf coupon and the RZ coupon so I got it for 20 + tax. Still a good deal tho! Can't wait to play online!

#223 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

How did you guys get both coupon to stack? Do you just give them both coupons?

I had them scan my rewards coupon, then my rewards card, and after totaling it, I handed over the manf coupon. I was a little worried when the rewards coupon showed $0.00 on the screen and showed a gray flag screen. But she clicked on OK or whatever and the first coupon went through even though it's on sale. After the manf coupon, she mentioned how they get these all the time for DVDs. Although I would've paid $20 if the rewards one didn't work.

When you went must've been had some warning or maybe a bad cashier.

#224 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Dillingham Best Buy had no problems accepting the MFG coupon. Looked like a few people were aware of the combo deal as the PS3 copies weren't on the shelf, but they brought some to the front (a big STACK of em). Went to the cashier and this one knew how to input the MFG coupon.

Blur for $20 still ain't that bad either. It's a great game. Now that I have it for all 3 platforms I get the best of all worlds.

#225 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

I was playing some on the PS3 last nite and there's one mode with over 15 racers I think that is pretty insane. My car was pretty bad since I'm new but it's pretty fun so far.

#226 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

There's "Skirmish Racing", which is 2-10 players, and "Powered Up Racing" which is 4-20 players. Powered Up Racing is chaotic and mad fun!

#227 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

We should get together sometime. I usually only play after 10pm and never know if anyone from Hawaii is playing. I can't make out anything when people talk, sounds all garbled. Or they could be speaking another language? :-k

My PSN handle is sandokan6220

#228 redsoxfan808

redsoxfan808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

Any recommendations for places to buy new Yu Gi Oh trading cards? I've checked places like Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and Toys n Joys. Still need to look at the Animation Maniac (?) stores in Ala Moana. Last resort will be ebay.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

#229 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

I'm not sure how it is on the rest of Oahu, but BBV in Hawaii Kai is closing in September. That would only leave the Kahala store left on this side, but I think BBV will go bankruptcy since they were de-listed from the NYSE.

#230 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:08 AM

Went to the Ala Moana Sears yesterday and saw a bunch of Guitar Hero world tour and Smash hits for $8.97 as well as Wet for 360, Brutal Legend for PS3, and some others for $8.97

#231 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

Went to the Ala Moana Sears yesterday and saw a bunch of Guitar Hero world tour and Smash hits for $8.97 as well as Wet for 360, Brutal Legend for PS3, and some others for $8.97

That's odd. I was there about 2-3 wks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance. The sale stuff was still in the $20 range.

#232 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Aloha, Hawaiian CAGs, i'm here for some R&R and to take all your clearance deals. lol

#233 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

That's odd. I was there about 2-3 wks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance. The sale stuff was still in the $20 range.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the area.

#234 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Just a heads up that the Kmart off of Ala Moana or Nimitz or whatever East of town has a lot of the $20 PSN cards and they are able to use the coupon for another card.

#235 redsoxfan808

redsoxfan808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

Just a heads up that the Kmart off of Ala Moana or Nimitz or whatever East of town has a lot of the $20 PSN cards and they are able to use the coupon for another card.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got the deal for the PSN cards that's being discussed in the KMART thread. I thought that since this deal was listed in KMART's weekly newspaper ad that it didn't apply to "offshore" stores - - which includes the Hawaii stores.

Did the $10 coupon print out automatically, or did you have to show the clerk something?

#236 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

Hey boys, if you're listening to the CAGcasts, CheapyD is coming to Hawaii!

Oahu I think, wonder if there's a way for us to bug him? :D

#237 BrigadierRayRay

BrigadierRayRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

Kihei GameStop is closing.

The Ultimate PrizeRebel Guide With Videos, Tips, And Tricks! OP Last Updated 6/11/09: http://www.cheapassg...697#post5958697

Posted Image

#238 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

BBV in Hawaii Kai is closing. $9.99 and under for all DVD, 10% off all new games. They have some used games but nowhere near the supply they used to have and I don't know if the B1G1 is applicable there. Oh well, it was a great run. my highlight was getting $10 GTA IV flipped for $20. You might even see some of the Bionic commando or Wheelman I traded in there.

#239 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

Bummer. So many Hawaii stores closing. :(

I live in the Honolulu/McCully area, but perhaps I'll take a drive over there to see what they have. By BBV Hawaii Kai, you're talking about the one in the Koko Marina Center, right? Anything especially juicy that you chose to pass over since it wasn't your taste?

#240 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

Honolulu Nimitz Highway K-mart is honoring the Weekly specials in the thread. Managed to snag Resonance of Fate for $34.99 + sales tax.