CAG mentioned on 1up's new PC Podcast

LiK

CAGiversary!
Just a quick story that was mentioned on their Oct 16 show: Robert Ashley mentioned that he met a guy from CAG (I assume it's Cheapy) at TGS and he asked him how to save money on games (or something like that) and he said the guy replied, "check the site.". lol. Robert also makes some minor theories on how rich Cheapy must be, hehe. Another host on the show, Anthony, mentioned that he likes the CAGcast, which was cool. :)

Actually, he interviewed me for the article over IM. It didn't go down quite the way he said, but hey, I'll take the publicity.

[quote name='CheapyD']Actually, he interviewed me for the article over IM. It didn't go down quite the way he said, but hey, I'll take the publicity.[/quote]

Ah ok, I guess he was just breaking your balls for the show. That's pretty cool. It was an amusing discussion.

Maybe I heard it wrong when he said he met you at TGS. Maybe he only mentioned he met you...I didn't listen closely until I heard them mention CheapAssGamer.

yeah it seemed kind of back handed though, like cheapy has no idea whats going on. yeah cheapy's rich i mean look around his place from his videos.

He was just saying that he found it funny that he talked to some other guy (a lawyer I think?) and was given (probably unethical/illegal) ways to get games on the cheap whereas Cheapy probably told him how CAG works.

Cheapy, being an owner of a established gaming website, isn't going to jeopardize his creditability by talking about kinda stuff. This random dude doesn't have to worry about his reputation.

Also, Anthony defended Cheapy by saying he does run the site but most of the content is supplied by the community. And it sounds like he's a fan of the CAGcast. You should try to get him on, imo. He's funny as hell!

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']yuck why would you listen to the 1up podcast it stinks[/quote]
huh? GFW was awesome. My guess is you've never even listened to it.

Ever since the Jeff Green and Shawn Elliott are now gone the 1up site is just trying to use anyone to keep the subscribers (who all are leaving) by copying the old formula. I have been trying to get into this new crew but when I hear Ryan Scott talk he just sounds like he is into pedo or strangling hookers in dark alleys.
media

What annoyed me the must is that with out even listening to the CAG cast or who CheapyD and Wombat(who they never mentioned) are they just bash them and the site. Do your research before you open your mouth!

They didn't really BASH him. I'm actually digging the new crew, which is not as great as the old GFW, but still entertaining. I think it's Robert Ashley that keeps them funny. He and Anthony are the best!

Ryan Scott, while still somewhat creepy, has improved significantly since he first started podcasting. During some of the earlier ones it sounded like he was being held there against his will.

to me robert ashley has a real annoying voice, the way he is its like hes better than everyone else and i liked anthony with shawn, now anthony seems like a shawn wanna be. but anthony's song was cool on 1up fm

[quote name='Shimrra']Ever since the Jeff Green and Shawn Elliott are now gone the 1up site is just trying to use anyone to keep the subscribers (who all are leaving) by copying the old formula. I have been trying to get into this new crew but when I hear Ryan Scott talk he just sounds like he is into pedo or strangling hookers in dark alleys.
media

What annoyed me the must is that with out even listening to the CAG cast or who CheapyD and Wombat(who they never mentioned) are they just bash them and the site. Do your research before you open your mouth![/quote]
What the hell?

bread's done
Back