Photo
- - - - -

Latest GameFly Used Game Deals with Free Shipping: Haze, Blast Works $10 and Others

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 vherub

vherub

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

blastworks is great fun and a fantastic way of sharing user content (that I wish other titles, like Boom Blox had used)

#32 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

how do you get the free shipping and how can you order 2 games on one order
[url=ign.com]

#33 filanime03

filanime03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks op picked up haze for $10 it is probably worth it.

#34 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Nice, picked up Blast Works. What's the deal with Gamefly charging tax in North Carolina?

I get charged tax in IL. Don't they charge tax everywhere?

Not sure about two games in one order, but Free Shipping is usually automatic. I tried both logged in and not, still free shipping.

#35 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

I think GameFly charges tax everywhere.

#36 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

Nice post - thank you. I've played most of the Wii games on the list and these three are definitely worth it:

:wii:Blast Works $9.99
:wii:Winter Sports $9.99
:wii:Baroque $12.99

I honestly don't really enjoy Blast Works, but it is a very well-made game (I just don't happen to like that kind of game). Baroque is fantastic but polarizing (people either absolutely love it of flat-out hate it). Winter Sports is one of those games that looks like shovelware but is actually very fun to play with quite a bit of care given to making controls that make sense and work.
There are other good games on that list, but they have been found cheaper (Metroid 3).

#37 Lipscomba

Lipscomba

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

I just bought Haze for $4.76. Not bad!

#38 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

Haha, with a member's 10% discount (Being a member for six months or more) Blast Works is $8.99 with trade-in on it being $9.08.

#39 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

I love that Blast Works with a longtime member's discount is $8.99 to purchase and $9.08 to trade in.

#40 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

I don't if anyone posted this, but NFL Tour is $4.99 at family video with free shipping. Not that anyone would ever want to buy that game, but it's cheaper than Gamefly is offering here.

#41 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

Gamefly doesn't allow you to buy more than one game per order. It's been that way as long as I can remember.
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#42 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

Got The Club for $4.87!!!

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#43 NTolerance

NTolerance

Vich one of you is crying

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:33 PM

I'm assuming that those getting certain games for $5 have some sort of member's discount or something. It would be great if they would mention exactly how they are getting a better deal.

#44 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

Jeez, those 360 games still look overpriced to me. Maybe I'm getting too cheap.

#45 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

picked up DMC4 for 360....even though they charged tax!

that game must have been garbage or something...

Not garbage but not great either. I got it when gamefly sold it for $19.99 + tax and regret getting it. The battle system just isn't my cup of tea. Ninja Gaiden series fighting/battle system destroys it. I think DMC4 is only worth $10 used.

#46 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hmmm, any thoughts on TimeShift? I could use a generic shooter.

#47 Reck_Havoc

Reck_Havoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

Jeez, those 360 games still look overpriced to me. Maybe I'm getting too cheap.

Trust me, were all cheap. Now i'd love to get Army of Two, but still not quite sure if it's worth the $19 after tax.

#48 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hmmm, any thoughts on TimeShift? I could use a generic shooter.

I really enjoyed it! I thought the time manipulation was implemented well, and I had a great time with the game.
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#49 dj_paxis

dj_paxis

Blaster Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

I had to bite on Haze.. I'd like to expand my PS3 library anyways

I played the UNIVERSE AT WAR demo.. I thought it was ok. Can anyone recommend the full game? I keep thinking about buying it since I am a RTS fan.
Posted Image

#50 ChanM

ChanM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

what condition are the games when you buy them used from gamefly? I know when buying from ebgames or gamespot their usually some scratches that may cause the game to skip at certain parts. Do they also come with original case and manual?

#51 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

what condition are the games when you buy them used from gamefly? I know when buying from ebgames or gamespot their usually some scratches that may cause the game to skip at certain parts. Do they also come with original case and manual?

All the games come with their cases and manuals (Which aren't sent out with the actual games, so they're unused)

The games that I've gotten have always been in good shape, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You'll get a bad one every so often, but it's not common. I can't think of any issues with disks that I've had and I've bought almost two dozen games from them.

#52 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Woot! I'm gonna pick up the Simpsons game now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

I grabbed the Lost game. I know it sucks, but I really like the show and so does my wife. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad and I can get her to play it.

#54 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

I grabbed the Lost game. I know it sucks, but I really like the show and so does my wife. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad and I can get her to play it.

It doesn't actually suck. It's just extremely short. I beat it in around maybe 5-6 hours of playing and that's only because of certain parts that are very frustrating. As a Lost fan, I was disappointed only that it was short but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

#55 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm assuming that those getting certain games for $5 have some sort of member's discount or something. It would be great if they would mention exactly how they are getting a better deal.

For every 3 months you are a member of Gamefly you get a $5 coupon. I also get 5% off since I have been a member for more than 6 months.

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#56 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

is Haze > $10?

I say no not because of the price but because there are so many FPSs out there that it's not worth the TIME to play through Haze. But maybe I'm just jaded because I have an evergrowing backlog that I can't seem to slow down.

#57 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

DMC worth picking up?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#58 HelenaNY

HelenaNY

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

I've done gamefly & when I tried to buy 2 games from their website, the disc's edge is chipped a lot. they did take it back, but I had to pay postage.
The gamefly turn around time can be horrible depending on your location (even NY is 4 days each way.)
I did 2 months of rental, the 3rd month I was able to get the slightly cheaper 3 discs at a time per month & when I was attempting to cancel, they gave me a discount so it would be $20 for 3x/month. I took it & lasted one month & then a cancelled for real.
Two weeks later, they offered the 3x at $20 again, I didn't take it & they offered it one month later again. I still can't take it, but hoping & assuming they will offer it again.

#59 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:22 PM

Is Quake Wars for 360 really that bad? Saw it for $25 two weeks ago then $20 last week now its $15...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#60 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

Man I'm going to blow my load before Black Friday. Picked up Spore with the strategy guide for $35 (from Amazon), now Blast Works for $10. Still have a pending order with Amazon for Left4dead on the PC for only $37 and picked up LBP for $45 shipped. I'm going to have to take some time off work:).
Space for Rent:lol: