Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#31 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

I do want to play this game so badly. I will rent it, because I refuse to buy it for 60, then fall in love with the game and can't get any extra DLC. Also, I don't like the fact that it "supposedly" not up to par with the 360 version. But I see here, most people saying it looks good, so I'll rent it, and probably buy it later on.
Posted Image

#32 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

why don't you just get it for the 360 thomaticus?

#33 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

just got mine in the mail from CC w/GC they gyped me on the free strat guide bastards
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#34 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

I do want to play this game so badly. I will rent it, because I refuse to buy it for 60, then fall in love with the game and can't get any extra DLC. Also, I don't like the fact that it "supposedly" not up to par with the 360 version. But I see here, most people saying it looks good, so I'll rent it, and probably buy it later on.

I've watched a friend play it on his 360 and I have it on my PS3 and we both agree that they look almost identical. The only thing I've noticed is the "pause" when friends log on or off, but other than that theres nothing I can tell. I bet you'd have to see them playing side by side to even notice anything, and even then...

I'm loving it so far...had to start over a few times just to get my character the way I wanted; thank God for the auto-save right before leaving the vault (where you can change your character around before its stuck for good).

#35 Staind204

Staind204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

I'm very surprised there are only 2 pages of posts here! I really want to get this but I don't know that I'll have the time to play it. I logged like 130 hours into Oblivion (and I hear this game is even better!)

#36 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

well I had shut off the notifications andstill got kicked to the XMB. and another time when you had t take the test everyone got a test but me. I restarted and had one , weird . any word of a patch? or since no dlc is the PS3 support abandoned?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#37 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

I've had a couple of quick freezes but nothing substantial. I probably just jinxed my self!

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#38 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

well I had shut off the notifications andstill got kicked to the XMB. and another time when you had t take the test everyone got a test but me. I restarted and had one , weird . any word of a patch? or since no dlc is the PS3 support abandoned?

Yeah, thats a known bug. Seems that you dont get a test if you start the fight with Butch...if you dont fight Butch you get the test. The work around is saving right there and restarting the game.

I had a few freezes last night (one where I had a guy right in my grill and I was trying to VATS head shot him and another when firing the FatBoy indoors).

#39 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

screw butch
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#40 MeanSeasons

MeanSeasons

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Does anyone know if the PS3 version will get DLC that is different then the exlsusive Microsoft DLC? Or is DLC exclusive altogether?

I'm about 25+ hours into the PS3 version and am having a blast.
Click HERE for my trade list
Currently Playing - Starcraft 2
Currently Reading - The God Delusion
Posted Image

#41 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, thats a known bug. Seems that you dont get a test if you start the fight with Butch...if you dont fight Butch you get the test. The work around is saving right there and restarting the game.

I fought Butch and I got the test. Of course, he and his boys were kicking my ass and I ran away, so maybe that's why.

#42 aquateen168

aquateen168

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

i am at
Spoiler

#43 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

i am at

Spoiler

That is the best part of the game. Also, it is almost over. Sadly.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#44 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

I fought Butch and I got the test. Of course, he and his boys were kicking my ass and I ran away, so maybe that's why.

What do you mean get a test? I fought butch and his guys and kicked their ass so they stopped.. what test we talkin bout here
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#45 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

What do you mean get a test? I fought butch and his guys and kicked their ass so they stopped.. what test we talkin bout here

The G.O.A.T. test, that helps you pick your tagged skills . . . some people are experiencing a bug where they don't get the test.

#46 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

ooh I see. no bug here. i read about that, like if you sit in the front seat? I did. weird, but I've had the game freeze on me once thus far in 12 hours of gameplay.

#47 EDiddy0042

EDiddy0042

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

Awesome game with only two minor complaints. I get some major slow down at random points, or the game will simply freeze up and I will have to restart it. The only other one is the ending...
Spoiler
Anyway, kudos to Bethesda for another solid game. Keep 'em coming
Posted Image

#48 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

I need to get this soon.
Sounds like the bugs, though annoying, are few and far between.

#49 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

For those who've played both games...Is this game better than Oblivion? If so, I may have to try it out one of these days. ;)

#50 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

did you not like oblivion?

#51 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

For those who've played both games...Is this game better than Oblivion? If so, I may have to try it out one of these days. ;)

I think it's better, mainly for the setting since I'm not into the fantasy/medieval-type that much. But I also found the leveling and stat bonus system easier to understand, plus you don't have to jump all over the place to strengthen agility.
\\:D/

#52 landshrk83

landshrk83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

In short, yes...in almost every way.

I played over 100 hours of Oblivion, but probably half that was spent leveling skills so my character didn't develop as a total weakling. In FO3, leveling is the much more traditional XP based leveling, which works a lot better, IMO.

If you didn't like Oblivion because of the expansiveness and free-roaming aspect, then FO3 probably won't suit you either, although the quests are a lot more focused and feel more varied as well.

#53 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:51 AM

I loved Oblivion and I'm loving this. I do like the setting of Oblivion since I'm a fan of fantasy and I like the guilds etc. I do enjoy the shooting aspect of Fallout 3 and the VATS is top notch, well esp since without it, aiming is a bitch. If Oblivion had the improvements done for Fallout 3 then I would probably like Oblivion more. Improvements include the exp system, and a lot of little things I can't recall off the top of my head.. like I dunno the key loop, ammo not affecting weight. etc etc, FO3 is amazing though.

#54 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

did you not like oblivion?

Actually, I did... it was one of my favorite games. ;)
Thanks for the input you guys, it really helped. :)

#55 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

This thread compels me to check my punctuation, grammar and spelling before posting any threads. You guys are brutal, but funny.

As for the game, I don't want it since it's some more first person crap from Bethesda.

Lol! Yes! They are brutal, yet funnierest as hell. Hey OP, ever heard of 'School House Rock' Damn!

#56 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

As for the game, I don't want it since it's some more first person crap from Bethesda.

WTF are you smoking!?:lol:

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#57 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

HOLY Fuck ! This game is amazing!

I told myself I'd only play about two hours of it last night, but I ended up playing until 6 AM in the morning.

#58 HowStern

HowStern

Knock Knock..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

I jacked up my luck and got the sniper perk along with better criticals and now if I manage to stay hidden I can snipe out super mutants with VATS in one shot. Exploding super mutant heads FTW

What's everyones favorite weapon? I just got the schematics for Nuka-Grenade and those things do like 400 DAM with fairly easy-to-find ingredients

#59 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

This game is amazing!

Spoiler

#60 HowStern

HowStern

Knock Knock..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:39 AM