Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#211 bendeco45

bendeco45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

i really only had it crash or freeze on me a couple times while playing through the main story, which was probably at least 60 hours.

i had it freeze up on me twice last night in about 3 hours while playing Operation Anchorage. i agree it's a little ridiculous to have seemingly widespread issues in the GOTY edition. you'd think those types of things would've been addressed before they released it.

i'm just going to try and play through OA as quickly as possible, and hopefully there won't be any issues with the other expansion/DLC packs.

#212 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Late to the party but figured I'd bump this thread. Used to have it for 360 and hated it, just rebought it for 10 bucks. And figured out there is the VATS system. Haha can't believe I missed that last time. Really love this game. Oblivion was one of my favorites this gen, but this might be getting up there with more play time I get with it. Just about 3 hours in so far but I'm loving every minute

#213 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Prepare to put well over 100 hours on it if you want to explore the whole world.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#214 FloatingYogi

FloatingYogi

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

I was able to play through the main game (up to level 20) along with OA and TP without any problems. Not even twenty minutes after loading up BS my game hit a a very buggy wall to say the least. Any time i would go into V.A.T.S. my game froze, and that would be it. Needless to say my love for Fallout 3 could not be diminished by Bethesda's short-comings and I was able to get through it. PL was pretty buggy also, making my battles in Calvert Mansion gut-wrenching to get through. I got through MZ on the 360 without one single problem, i've yet to get it on the ps3, but i'm really hoping these problems won't be as abundant as BS and PL.

#215 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Okay so I just started playing this about a month ago.

I've currently completed the first chapter of the wasteland survival guide and done the blood ties quest.

Should I start the main quest now or do more side quests? (I'm at level 4) Where do go to find galaxy radio/following in his footsteps.

Why is there no bed for me to sleep in at Megaton? I have to go back to Arefu or the vampires in the subway to sleep/heal. (I dont want to use up my stimpacks)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#216 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Should I start the main quest now or do more side quests? (I'm at level 4) Where do go to find galaxy radio/following in his footsteps.

You should probably continue to do sidequests. If the next bit of the main quest is to find galaxy radio, it's a little tough.

Why is there no bed for me to sleep in at Megaton? I have to go back to Arefu or the vampires in the subway to sleep/heal. (I dont want to use up my stimpacks)

Haven't you been asked to disarm the bomb in Megaton?
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#217 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

You haven't done the mission where you get your house in Megaton yet, it's where your bobblehead collection will be. :p

I got Operation Anchorage the night it came out on XBLA and had no problems with it. o: I was thinking of getting the GOTY for my PS3 and going through it again, but these problems sound like they havne yet to be fixed after so long. >.<

#218 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

I don't think my repair skill is high enough to fix the bomb (I did fix the water pipes). Also, maybe I'm really stupid, but I dont even see a spot on the bomb to repair it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#219 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I don't think my repair skill is high enough to fix the bomb (I did fix the water pipes). Also, maybe I'm really stupid, but I dont even see a spot on the bomb to repair it.

Do this if you want...
Spoiler

#220 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

You need a 25 explosives skill to disarm the bomb (fix isn't quite the right word). Mentats can indeed increase this by a 10 if your close.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#221 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Or..
Spoiler

http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#222 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Or..

Spoiler

And then you can still disarm the bomb, and collect the caps and house from the sheriff's son.

#223 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Or..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#224 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I re loaded my game at least twice when I first made it to megaton trying to save the sherrif before Burke shot him. It never worked. :(

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#225 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#226 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

No, disarmed the bomb and moved on to start the Them! quest.

Getting burned (pun intended) by the Fire Ants. running out of ammo for my Chinese Assault rifle quickly. Should have stocked up before I left. The 9mm pistol isn't cutting it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#227 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Finished them. (except for finding the kid a new home) moving through the metro to find galaxy news. killed a few super mutants.

I set the combat on easy so I could enjoy the experience of the game. will this have any negative effects in the game? as far as trophies or obtaining weapons/story.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#228 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Finished them. (except for finding the kid a new home) moving through the metro to find galaxy news. killed a few super mutants.

I set the combat on easy so I could enjoy the experience of the game. will this have any negative effects in the game? as far as trophies or obtaining weapons/story.

It shouldn't

#229 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Okay, so now I'm at Little Lamplight about to head into Vault 87. After completing the Wasteland Survival Guide it seems like the side quests have just dropped off. According to the wikia there's alot more to do.

Should I just start exploring and find them or will they appear naturally as I follow the main story?

Also, when should I switch over to using Laser Rifles? They dont seem to do as much damage as my Assult Rifle or combat shotgun which I've been using for most of the game now. I've got plenty of ammo for them though.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#230 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Okay, so now I'm at Little Lamplight about to head into Vault 87. After completing the Wasteland Survival Guide it seems like the side quests have just dropped off. According to the wikia there's alot more to do.

Should I just start exploring and find them or will they appear naturally as I follow the main story?

Also, when should I switch over to using Laser Rifles? They dont seem to do as much damage as my Assult Rifle or combat shotgun which I've been using for most of the game now. I've got plenty of ammo for them though.

There are only a few sidequests you can get following the main story. There are "listed" and "unlisted" side quests. The listed ones are the ones you get trophies for, and are mainly found just by exploring. Listen to what Three Dog mentions on the radio. Pretty much any location he mentions has a sidequest attached to it, though he doesn't tell you where to find them. Also, a couple can be found by listening to any new radio stations you run across. The unlisted ones you have to listen/read holotapes you find around the wasteland.

As for laser rifles. The damage probably sucks compared to your other weapons because you haven't put enough points into the energy weapons category when you level up.

#231 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

There are only a few sidequests you can get following the main story. There are "listed" and "unlisted" side quests. The listed ones are the ones you get trophies for, and are mainly found just by exploring. Listen to what Three Dog mentions on the radio. Pretty much any location he mentions has a sidequest attached to it, though he doesn't tell you where to find them. Also, a couple can be found by listening to any new radio stations you run across. The unlisted ones you have to listen/read holotapes you find around the wasteland.

As for laser rifles. The damage probably sucks compared to your other weapons because you haven't put enough points into the energy weapons category when you level up.

Most of the other side quests I got was from people in Megaton or the wasteland survival guide.

I'm just basing the damage on what the weapon says in the PIP boy. Does that value change based on my skill? I thought the base damage of a weapon was a constant and was then factored by my skills.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#232 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Most of the other side quests I got was from people in Megaton or the wasteland survival guide.

I'm just basing the damage on what the weapon says in the PIP boy. Does that value change based on my skill? I thought the base damage of a weapon was a constant and was then factored by my skills.

I think it does. I know for me the plasma rifle damage went way up after I put more points into the energy weapon category.