Photo
- - - - -

Vote CAGcast for Gaming & People's Choice Podcast Awards - Vote Once Per Day!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

might as well.

#32 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

I thought it was sign that you were the devil. Also classic Cheapy with a tan is in the image for some reason.

Because Fuck you, that's why.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#33 Showkaizer

Showkaizer

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

Not this year, guys. There's been some good times, but for the last six or so months there's been a lack of enthusiasm that shows in every aspect of the show. Cheapy often sounds tired, and his games almost always start with "here's the problem". It shows that there's almost a lack of interest in games.

There's been almost nothing but a quick overview when it comes to press events, and if you argue that, Cheapy's videos have become shorter and shorter with longer lengths of time in between. I used to love the show and I hate to be critical but I listen while I'm at work and there's been almost no times during the past few months that I've had to hit mute to stifle a laugh.

By far the most interesting stories he's told in the last few months have been his own experience with his family and his travels. That unfortunately only equates to a small fraction of the show.

So what's happened? Are you tired of games, jaded? I don't know. I used to love the 'man in Japan' segments, but there's been very little of that. You put out a consistent podcast but there's not much in the way of additional content.

#34 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:29 AM

If you notice my eyes flash right before everything blows up. Thats my superpower.

I thought that was you in the internetz hypnotizing everyone to vote for the CAGcast. It's kinda creepy. And what's up with Cheapy, did he get a tan or is trying to be like Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder?

#35 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Not this year, guys. There's been some good times, but for the last six or so months there's been a lack of enthusiasm that shows in every aspect of the show. Cheapy often sounds tired, and his games almost always start with "here's the problem". It shows that there's almost a lack of interest in games.

There's been almost nothing but a quick overview when it comes to press events, and if you argue that, Cheapy's videos have become shorter and shorter with longer lengths of time in between. I used to love the show and I hate to be critical but I listen while I'm at work and there's been almost no times during the past few months that I've had to hit mute to stifle a laugh.

By far the most interesting stories he's told in the last few months have been his own experience with his family and his travels. That unfortunately only equates to a small fraction of the show.

So what's happened? Are you tired of games, jaded? I don't know. I used to love the 'man in Japan' segments, but there's been very little of that. You put out a consistent podcast but there's not much in the way of additional content.

Babies:drool:
Space for Rent:lol:

#36 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

Do you have an infant? Have you at some point? I know it's no excuse but both guys have kids under one (IIRC) and unless you've been there you have no idea how draining it is.

#37 swerv

swerv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

so it's a sympathy vote this year? ;)

#38 fullhavok

fullhavok

I am the one!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

I just did my part. Good Luck guys. you guys deserve an award.
"This isn't fair. We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. Fu*kin', we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the motherfu*king nuts by a guy named Cock-Knocker. "
Posted Image[Thanks OTM]

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS 1332-7714-6780

#39 drsuper23

drsuper23

Been here a while

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

I see where you're coming from. I have a 4 year old and since babies are so curious by nature it's imposibble to keep my eyes off of him without the house being flipped upside down. Although I can also understand that people still want a quality show that entertains. I specially feel for Wombat since he has to travel for such a long time to then have to come home and do a show, let alone research anything. The format still does it for me. A little something new here and there wouldn't hurt though. I think the show hasn't changed much in a long time but more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Do you have an infant? Have you at some point? I know it's no excuse but both guys have kids under one (IIRC) and unless you've been there you have no idea how draining it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image
PS3 Trophies

For use of those who I trade with. My past trade rating.

#40 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, if I had a kid that went to daycare every weekday while I stayed home and played video games and worked on a website, I might just kill myself from the stress. NOT TO MENTION I WOULD HAVE TO TALK INTO A MIC FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF EVERY WEEK! DEAR GOD!

#41 Showkaizer

Showkaizer

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

Randomly missing podcast last week + no video game deal updates on the main page + no video updates in over two months = podcast of the year? I don't think so..

#42 SnatchMan

SnatchMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:25 AM

Voted. and Voted. and will continue to vote. Rock on guys! :bow: