[Dead for years] Ace Combat 6 + Flight Stick (360) Now $100 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A blessing! A blessing from the Lord! God be praised!

img_13.jpg

[quote name='coolsteel']Damn they could have at least lowered the price[/QUOTE]

Why? It sold out completely within a couple of weeks of release and regularly sells for $100 or more over MSRP on Ebay.

Anyone know the day this officially hits retail? I'll go check BB this weekend, but I haven't seen anything regarding dates.

[quote name='bojay1997']Why? It sold out completely within a couple of weeks of release and regularly sells for $100 or more over MSRP on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

It sold out because there weren't that many to begin with, had it been available all along i'm sure they would still be clogging best buys all over the country

They're probably trying to capture the folks who are gonna be buying the new Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

I've got one in the box, just sitting in my closet might be the reason I get H.A.W.X. on the 360 unless someone gets a decent stick in time for the PS3

Damn, I picked one of these up recently and don't want it anymore. Been trying to sell for around that price + shipping and no takers.:cry:

I looked at two best buys today, neither one had any so far. I'll try to keep an eye out, but I'm going on vacation and won't be around to look for a weak and a half.

b0ner.

For a while, I kept buying a new bundle and selling it because the price kept going too high for me to keep. I'm glad I did that :)

I will get this one for keeps because I really want to play this game. I love my Ace Combat 5 Flightstick Bundle, so I'm pretty anxious to finally play it. I've tried it out without the stick, and the game is not the same.

[quote name='rmb']Damn, I picked one of these up recently and don't want it anymore. Been trying to sell for around that price + shipping and no takers.:cry:[/QUOTE]

boo hoo! ;)

[quote name='coolsteel']It sold out because there weren't that many to begin with, had it been available all along i'm sure they would still be clogging best buys all over the country[/QUOTE]

That's the point of doing limited edition peripherals. Namco and Best Buy aren't looking to take a loss on merchandise that doesn't move. I'm sure this second release will be done in an equally limited run.

If this was more available at Best Buy at launch, I would have picked it up, no doubt, especially combined w/ RZ points and $10 off $75 or 10% off coupons. But since that time, I picked up the game new and a used flight stick set (minus a suction cup) seperately. I haven't played with the stick yet, since I haven't cleaned it, and it'd been many months since last playing the game.

Were there patches included w/ the original bundle, or was that AC5?... If another 10% games coupon (vs. just $10 off), I would be very tempted to pick it up for the bonus goodies and a clean, complete stick.

[quote name='dafunkk12']If this was more available at Best Buy at launch, I would have picked it up, no doubt, especially combined w/ RZ points and $10 off $75 or 10% off coupons. But since that time, I picked up the game new and a used flight stick set (minus a suction cup) seperately. I haven't played with the stick yet, since I haven't cleaned it, and it'd been many months since last playing the game.

Were there patches included w/ the original bundle, or was that AC5?... If another 10% games coupon (vs. just $10 off), I would be very tempted to pick it up for the bonus goodies and a clean, complete stick.[/QUOTE]

I think only a faceplate was included with the original.

[quote name='Romis']They're probably trying to capture the folks who are gonna be buying the new Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

I've got one in the box, just sitting in my closet might be the reason I get H.A.W.X. on the 360 unless someone gets a decent stick in time for the PS3[/quote]Damn, I didn't think about using it for HAWX. :dunce:

Good thing I picked it up the first time around, then.

Don't forget IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey is coming out soon too. I'm looking forward to that more than HAWX and it's supposed to be a true flight sim.

[quote name='norkusa']Don't forget IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey is coming out soon too. I'm looking forward to that more than HAWX and it's supposed to be a true flight sim.[/quote]Nice. Yet another reason to have forked out the cash for this.

Is this really a deal when a single link to buy the product hasn't been posted yet, as well as another member reporting they could not find it at any best buy?

[quote name='mox2']Is this really a deal when a single link to buy the product hasn't been posted yet, as well as another member reporting they could not find it at any best buy?[/QUOTE]

They sent our a press release on Tuesday so it's coming, we're just not exactly sure when. It's a deal because this bundle goes for $200-$250 on Ebay new.

[quote name='Burchamj']how is this stick compared with PC sticks? worse quality, better same? I believe i read you could use it on a PC.[/QUOTE]

I haven't popped the box (been sitting there with the Fry's shipping bands around it since the original release, was holding up my Tivo for about a year :lol:) but I think it -is- a modified Saitek X36. It certainly looks like one.

I'm totally grabbing one of these when they become available. I was sad I missed out on it the first time. It won't happen again! :) Thanks OP!

I wonder if we'll actually have more people playing AC6 online again. I haven't seen a full room since February...

I still haven't got the co-op mission achievements...

Oh and, I love my flight stick and would never sell it. I can't wait to get some more use out of it with future releases.

[quote name='Burchamj']how is this stick compared with PC sticks? worse quality, better same? I believe i read you could use it on a PC.[/quote]

All Hori HOTAS from the FS2 onward are based off the same components as the Saitek X-45 (Possibly made in the same factory even, the Hori rep only mentioned same parts). Unless you really like Ace Combat 6 or plan to use it for other 360 games, then do not even think of getting this for PC use. It's pretty overpriced for the dated design compared to it's PC counterparts.

[quote name='opportunity777']b0ner.

For a while, I kept buying a new bundle and selling it because the price kept going too high for me to keep. I'm glad I did that :)

I will get this one for keeps because I really want to play this game. I love my Ace Combat 5 Flightstick Bundle, so I'm pretty anxious to finally play it. I've tried it out without the stick, and the game is not the same.[/quote]

Same here, haha. It felt like I was buying it for that much if I didn't sell mine for that much.

[quote name='opportunity777']b0ner.

I will get this one for keeps because I really want to play this game. I love my Ace Combat 5 Flightstick Bundle, so I'm pretty anxious to finally play it. I've tried it out without the stick, and the game is not the same.[/quote]

I have the AC5 Flightstick, does anyone know if it will work with AC6 since they both have USB connections?

[quote name='dafunkk12']If this was more available at Best Buy at launch, I would have picked it up, no doubt, especially combined w/ RZ points and $10 off $75 or 10% off coupons. But since that time, I picked up the game new and a used flight stick set (minus a suction cup) seperately. I haven't played with the stick yet, since I haven't cleaned it, and it'd been many months since last playing the game.

Were there patches included w/ the original bundle, or was that AC5?... If another 10% games coupon (vs. just $10 off), I would be very tempted to pick it up for the bonus goodies and a clean, complete stick.[/quote]

AFAIK the patches were a bonus item when you purchased the AC5 bundle from GameStop.

[quote name='mox2']Is this really a deal when a single link to buy the product hasn't been posted yet, as well as another member reporting they could not find it at any best buy?[/quote]

To kinda answer your question - I looked this up in the computer today and they are using the old item number for it, and there is no hard date (yet) for it to come in. At least for my store they are in the very first stage of being shipped to us, so it may be a week or so till they come in (it will prob be longer than that). I have no idea when or if they will appear on the site, but I would assume that once it got closer to being in stores it should pop up online.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I have the AC5 Flightstick, does anyone know if it will work with AC6 since they both have USB connections?[/QUOTE]

No, the 360 has some authentication chip bullshit.

Also, Speed and Angels is a recommended watch if you're into fighter jets, especially the legendary F-14 Tomcat.

I wish this damn thing would hurry up and come out. It's only been one day since this thread was made and I found out about this, but I'm already completely tired of waiting. I neeeeeeed this.

im glad this is getting a rerelease, ive had my set since day 1 and i love it -- didnt even know it was rare or expensive on ebay. i highly recommend this for anyone who loves arcades or flight sims, it makes the game a LOT better.

[quote name='postulio']im glad this is getting a rerelease, ive had my set since day 1 and i love it -- didnt even know it was rare or expensive on ebay. i highly recommend this for anyone who loves arcades or flight sims, it makes the game a LOT better.[/QUOTE]

The PS2 Ace Combat sticks had the same limited run/reseller markup issues. This is where I brag that I got an AC5 stick off craigslist for $40.

[quote name='moojuice']I thought people said that the game controlled better with a controller?[/quote]
Actually, this is true. The stick has a slight dead zone that affects handling somewhat.

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Actually, this is true. The stick has a slight dead zone that affects handling somewhat.[/quote]

How bad is it? Cause I'm about to pick this up as soon as I can find it...

[quote name='TomoyoN']How bad is it? Cause I'm about to pick this up as soon as I can find it...[/quote]
It is by no means "bad", it's just not as responsive as playing it with a controller. You will get use to it eventually. If you like ace combat 6, then it is a good piece of equipment that might make you enjoy the game more. Is it worth the price? I personally think it's a rip off, but it's your only choice for a stick on the 360.

[quote name='coolsteel']Damn they could have at least lowered the price[/quote]

They've yet to lower the price of the game itself after a year. Apparently the Ace Combat series inspires a special kind of devotion which is price insensitive.

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']All Hori HOTAS from the FS2 onward are based off the same components as the Saitek X-45 (Possibly made in the same factory even, the Hori rep only mentioned same parts). Unless you really like Ace Combat 6 or plan to use it for other 360 games, then do not even think of getting this for PC use. It's pretty overpriced for the dated design compared to it's PC counterparts.[/quote]

Considering I paid $35 AR for the X-52, and already own the game, $150 is pretty hard to justify. I suspect those who get it will be able to use the box as a display pedestal for their gunmetal MGS4 PS3s.

When is this going to be released?

I am not able to find it in BB. Maybe I'll just wait for AC7 on the PS3 instead of this old game.

[quote name='mhnajjar']When is this going to be released?

I am not able to find it in BB. Maybe I'll just wait for AC7 on the PS3 instead of this old game.[/QUOTE]

A few people have mentioned that it won't actually be in stock for a while.

Just for fun I wanted to see how much of a rip-off/ how much total DLC there is for this game based on previous comment. The total according to my count is 14,300 XBL points in order to purchase them all. Or an equivalent of $178 approximately. This is insane I think...I can't imagine all the DLC being the equivalent work of the programmers/design team of 3 full $60 games....

Anyways, still maybe a good deal but I am appalled by the shear quantity of DLC for this...I think they should at least budle it all together for like $60 or something...

[quote name='cdrober']Just for fun I wanted to see how much of a rip-off/ how much total DLC there is for this game based on previous comment. The total according to my count is 14,300 XBL points in order to purchase them all. Or an equivalent of $178 approximately. This is insane I think...I can't imagine all the DLC being the equivalent work of the programmers/design team of 3 full $60 games....

Anyways, still maybe a good deal but I am appalled by the shear quantity of DLC for this...I think they should at least budle it all together for like $60 or something...[/QUOTE]

I think all DLC should be free six months to a year after being released on to the market.

Out of all the game companies, Namco Bandai is the biggest offender of overpriced DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back