Blitz, The League II Price Drop 39.99

wth that is so funny didn't this game just came out a week ago. It seems lots of game right now are dropping rapidly to stay competitive on the barrage of good games coming out. Expect more price drops. This is the same thing happened in the new brothers in arms oh well good for us. Thanks op.

[quote name='stewie75']Pretty tempting but, It'll go further...[/quote]

Very true. Any bets on $19.99 before Christmas?

Guess this will be the last Blitz game we see for awhile.

I'll prolly pick this up when It's $20 or less. At this rate that might be by Xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that was fast. Mine came from gamefly on the 17th and I have already finished the campaign mode. There is really not a hell of a lot to do after that unless you want to play online. The game was fun but Midway was out of their mind to charge 59.99 for it. It should have been released for 39.99. Regardless I would still not buy it unless it was 20 bucks.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I really wants this game. But after review only 5.5 out of 10 i'll get it whenever it drop down cheap.[/QUOTE]

IGN really didn't like the game very much.

If reviews are really important to you, then you would see 7.5 out of 10 on GS with around 7's from most places.

I haven't played the game, so I have no comment.

Quickest drop would still be Beowolf wouldn't it? Or if wasn't the quickest drop, it was one of the most severe price drops in recent history

it was the sequel that nobody asked for.

Beowulf was exactly one month, dropped from $59.99 to $19.99. Never have seen a game system bypass the 49, 39 and 29 mark and go right to $19.99 like that.

I picked it up used for $7. Ugh, bad choice.

[quote name='Scorch']
Beowulf was exactly one month, dropped from $59.99 to $19.99. Never have seen a game system bypass the 49, 39 and 29 mark and go right to $19.99 like that.

I picked it up used for $7. Ugh, bad choice.[/QUOTE]

Could have sworn that game dropped quicker than that

walmart still has it for 60, which is good since I won a copy and wasn't opening it to switch it for fallout 3....should be here today, so hopefully they don't drop their prices yet....

[quote name='filanime03']wth that is so funny didn't this game just came out a week ago. It seems lots of game right now are dropping rapidly to stay competitive on the barrage of good games coming out. Expect more price drops. This is the same thing happened in the new brothers in arms oh well good for us. Thanks op.[/quote]

I didn't know the new BIA has already dropped? Where at?

Crap, I just bought it for $50 at Best Buy... although to be fair, I'm really enjoying the game and completely disagree with the review IGN gave it.

I liked the first game so I will pick this up once it reaches the sub $15.00 mark. I still have plenty of Madden still to play.

It is most likely not a good game. To come out at this time of the year with blockbuster titles around it doesn't help it's case much. I agree 20 bucks around christmas

[quote name='Masterkyo']I really wants this game. But after review only 5.5 out of 10 i'll get it whenever it drop down cheap.[/QUOTE]

I still maintain that IGN hardly played the game before they gave it that review. Some of the things that they talked about in the game were flat out wrong.

The injury mini-games work well and remain fun through each game (mainly because they're not used all that often) but the late hit beat downs get old in a hurry. The least they could have done was have a quick time event trigger rather than the overly simplistic "mash A as fast as you can" prompt that comes up now. It's a good way to drain stamina from your opponent's key players but it's so boring you won't want to bother before long.

That paragraph pretty much sums up that he didn't play the game for long. Injuries and late hits are a major part of the game. If you don't injure players, you can't achieve certain objectives in the game. If you don't use late hits, you have a harder time filling up your meter, which allows you to pull off bigger plays.

You can give a game a low score, but when "I got bored" becomes your reason for marking down the game... it just seems to indicate that you didn't want to play it in the first place.

Other reviews have talked about the rubber-band AI, which can be true... but I would maintain that it can be overcome by injuring players on the other team, which IGN thought was too boring to bother with.

I really enjoyed the game. I got through the single player campaign in about a week, but I enjoyed it. Online was a lot of fun as well.

[quote name='psunami']I still maintain that IGN hardly played the game before they gave it that review. Some of the things that they talked about in the game were flat out wrong.

That paragraph pretty much sums up that he didn't play the game for long. Injuries and late hits are a major part of the game. If you don't injure players, you can't achieve certain objectives in the game. If you don't use late hits, you have a harder time filling up your meter, which allows you to pull off bigger plays.

You can give a game a low score, but when "I got bored" becomes your reason for marking down the game... it just seems to indicate that you didn't want to play it in the first place.

Other reviews have talked about the rubber-band AI, which can be true... but I would maintain that it can be overcome by injuring players on the other team, which IGN thought was too boring to bother with.

I really enjoyed the game. I got through the single player campaign in about a week, but I enjoyed it. Online was a lot of fun as well.[/quote]

IGNs reviews have been shit lately. Their reviewers always seem to have some strong underlying bias that's so pervasive that the review becomes either incredibly harsh or stupidly praising. Drivel either way as there are times when it's clear they didn't bother playing the entire game or understanding it.

This is a good sign that mediocre games will be dropping heavily during the holiday season. Target clearance, don't fail me now!

I had a lot of fun with it. The campaign's story wasn't half bad. Would definitely pick it up at $40 if I didn't have it.

Thanks for the heads up. The last one was definitely fun for cheap (this and All Pro). I expect it'll be even more fun at $10.

[quote name='jazzman']After the the last Blitz fiasco, I doubt I'll pick this one up. Though I still enjoy playing the N64 Blitz.[/quote]

What last Blitz Fiasco are you speaking of? Sorry to get off topic but I would love to know

I bought the first blitz the league a few years back and I liked it. However, I'd still only pick this up if it's 20 or less. Too many games that are worth spending 40+ on right now.

man what the hell, I just spent $59.99 on this a week or so ago.
will gamestop give me the difference in credit? haha it is gamestop, I seriously doubt it

[quote name='shimz']man what the hell, I just spent $59.99 on this a week or so ago.
will gamestop give me the difference in credit? haha it is gamestop, I seriously doubt it[/quote]

Yes, i believe its 14 days same as Toys R Us if the price drops, just ask them to rering you out.

I'm waiting for the $7.48 Target clearance price. Then again, that's $7. Never mind.

Thanks for the heads up OP, but I really can't imagine this being worth more than a $10 spot to anyone.

And I had an unnatural love for the first Blitz.

[quote name='shimz']man what the hell, I just spent $59.99 on this a week or so ago.
will gamestop give me the difference in credit? haha it is gamestop, I seriously doubt it[/quote]

If not just buy the game 39.99 somewhere and return that copy to Gamestop assuming you still have your receipt.

Definitely will look to pick this up if it drops to 20.00. I have an itch to play some football and 2k5 isn't cutting it these days for me and I missed out on the 08 Madden and NCAA clearance at Target.

[quote name='brennok']If not just buy the game 39.99 somewhere and return that copy to Gamestop assuming you still have your receipt.
[/QUOTE]
I never keep my receipt. Man, talk about jumping the gun, I can't believe I didn't wait to get this - great game but saving $20 would have been nice.

bread's done
Back