CAGcast #138: A Quest For Fun

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

CheapyD gushes over Saints Row 2 and Wombat can't get enough Fable 2. Cheapy's (lack of) work ethic is discussed, as are new releases, the latest game shopping and industry news, your questions from the CAGbag and much more!

Vote CAGcast daily for the Podcast Awards

Download - 102 minutes, 41MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 28 October 2008 - 01:32 PM.

#2 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:13 AM

Cheapy, are you ever going to do any more Lunch with Cheapy D videos?

Those things were awesome!

#3 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:16 AM

Yes! The moment I've been waiting for!

Cheapy, looks like you finally have pics of Tai sporting the Hitler hair. :lol:

By the way, when I click on the player, it says episode 137.

#4 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:28 AM

Yes, to the videos...fixed the # on the player. Thanks!

#5 DreadMech

DreadMech

is the infamous Takamofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

Thank you man of Cheap.
XBL Gamertag: Takamofo / PSN: DaftGT

#6 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:47 AM

About time. I hope you guys win those podcast awards. I voted everyday for you guys.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Chris S

Chris S

What custom user title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

Tai is getting big! Is he starting to pull up on stuff yet?

#8 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:08 AM

Nice pic.

Thank god the cagcast is up.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 jalopez86

jalopez86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

That pic of Tai, as cute as it may be, makes me cringe. My one-year-old god son, who I spend a lot of time with, is always pulling my stuff down or powering a console while I'm playing another. I'm glad he's my god son. The older he gets the more stuff he pulls off the shelves and the more stuff (and heavier) he starts throwing around.

#10 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

been waiting!!! woohoo!!

#11 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:36 AM

Finally!!!! :)

#12 weevles

weevles

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

Thanks cheapy!

Just an observation, but Tai looks so not Japanese.

Funny, most of the games he is pictured sitting next to are M-rated. Hm, that reminds me, its too bad you guys don't have the time or inclination to do a post of your game collections.

#13 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:17 AM

'Bout fucking time... you know how worried I was?! *Cries* I'll listen to it tomorrow... thank you for taking pity on us...

#14 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:20 AM

O. M. G. A new podcast from CAG! The Gods must be smiling upon us.

#15 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:28 AM

CheapyD should write blogs that lazy bastard lol :lol:

CheapyD does a good social coverage of E3 and TGS

getting LBP today cant wait!

#16 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:30 AM

wow Wombat was right about Cheapy's sight preformance

I would love to come to CAG everyday and see SOME new content but it's usually the same

Kinda dissapointing Cheapy :/ especially if you want the audience to grow you have to offer more

Go Wombat

Edited by SuxoR, 30 October 2008 - 06:49 AM.

1xz7eo.gif

#17 VirgiltheChicken

VirgiltheChicken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:36 AM

Listening to Wombat take Cheapy D to task after putting up with so much criticism over the years was hilarious! It was like Bizarro world there for a few minutes.

#18 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

Great show guys. Thoughtful discussions all around. I don't like saints row 2 or fable 2 as much as you guys did (I rented both) and I'm sorry I bitched out over not having a show last week. You probably never even saw my lame comments but regardless, sorry. Now to go vote for you guys.

#19 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

bigg azz chaaainz!
n*gga.

woot woot me like teh CAGzcastz:D
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#20 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

Great show. CheapyD, I really liked what you had to say about Saint's Row 2. Great reviews in games this week, not just for the CAGcast, but for a review in general. CheapyD your new blog should be about Saint's Row 2. Things like how you described the seamless co-op are important to know.
I'm going to pick this game up soon, I look forward to spraying you with DOODIE!!!
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#21 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Downloading now. Saints Row 2 Cheapy is a straight up pimp.

#22 pekuja

pekuja

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

In the episode Wombat made a little remark about Guitar Hero having downloadable content getting released before the game even launches. I've been bothered by people making comments like this for a while. What is the problem with developers making additional content available for pay? They are not obligated to give you everything they have ready at launch. You didn't pay for that content, and you knew what you were getting. It's not like Activision is obligated to give you all the songs from the previous Guitar Hero games either even though they were ready when World Tour released (well, sans drum and singing tracks). And by the way, this also applies to "pay to unlock" content too, by the way. Even though the content is on the disc, that doesn't mean you actually paid for it. I mean seriously, it's just bits of data. That's not what you're really paying for. Bits are worthless. You could make a million copy of those bits and it wouldn't make a difference. Really, the license to use the bits is what you want, and that's what pay to unlock content is about. You already have the bits of data, but you're paying for the license to use them.

Sorry for ranting, this is just something that's been bothering me for a while. It almost seems like people take for granted that there's something shady about companies making you pay for content they had ready when the game shipped, or content that they had put on the disc.

#23 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

Uh, I'm not sure how data on the disc I paid for isn't entitled to me. If I have to pay more money to unlock that content, that's unacceptable and down right bad business. In the case of Guitar Hero, the DLC isn't the same since it was never going to be on the disc to begin with. You'd have to make the same argument for Rock Band though they are less guilty of this.

Anyway, Saints Row 2 is the poo poo. I'm having a blast with it so far.

Also, make an unboxing video for your DSi, Cheapy.

#24 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

FINALLY, I've been dying over here man.
Posted Image

#25 pekuja

pekuja

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:30 AM

Uh, I'm not sure how data on the disc I paid for isn't entitled to me. If I have to pay more money to unlock that content, that's unacceptable and down right bad business.

You also pay for your Internet connection and yet you aren't entitled to all the data on the Internet. For example, you could download a pirate copy of the same game, at which point you are in posession of the data, and could play the game, but you aren't actually entitled to do so.

Another way to look at it is that you are entitled to the data on the disc, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to the bit of data that unlocks the content. So sure, if you can find a way to use the data without that unlock bit, knock yourself out.

To tell you the truth, I'm not so fond of this business model myself, but I think if there's a problem here, it's in copyright law and DRM/Trusted Computing, and not really the companies making the games.

#26 chewy35

chewy35

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

Cheapy, I feel your pain. My son is a year and seven months and he will not leave my games or blu-rays alone. One question, does Tai like to watch you play video games? My son does and will get pissed off if I turn off the console. I usually sit him in my lap and give him an old wireless Xbox controller and he thinks he's playing with me. If I play the Wii, he knows where the controllers are, will grab one and start swinging it around like a madman. Try Boom Blocks, my son thought that was the funniest shit ever!

#27 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

Wow, I don't know what it is but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this week's CAGcast (I enjoy every CAGcast but this one was brilliant). Maybe it was the long wait or the vast amount of new releases to talk about but woo, it was awesome this week guys. Great job, keep it up.

P.S Wish Tai a happy birthday from me Cheapy.
Posted Image

#28 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Wombat I think you underestimate Farcry 2's % of sales from the PC version. Farcry 1 was mainly a PC game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#29 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Great show as always, guys! One problem, however: Cheapy, drop the conspiracy theories already. There was nothing "fishy" about the LittleBigPlanet problem; Sony recalled the discs to HOLD them until the 1.02 patch was ready. They didn't need to print new ones; they just didn't want any more retailers to break the street date before the patch was ready. The Qur'an complaint was a valid one (at least in the eyes of the complainant); I don't think someone taking offense should ever be considered a "red herring."

No offense, but this is yet another example of why CAGs might think you're anti-Sony. There's no hidden malevolence here; Sony and Media Molecule were just trying to make everybody happy, and I think they did a fine job. We had to wait less than a week, the servers went up, and life goes on. (I know the servers have now been taken down temporarily, but what did you expect when an overload of fans all went online at once? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened to a game.) Claiming it's some duplicitous Sony plot is laughable, and I think even you know that.

Edited by liquidcross, 28 October 2008 - 08:30 PM.

#30 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Uh, I'm not sure how data on the disc I paid for isn't entitled to me. If I have to pay more money to unlock that content, that's unacceptable and down right bad business. In the case of Guitar Hero, the DLC isn't the same since it was never going to be on the disc to begin with. You'd have to make the same argument for Rock Band though they are less guilty of this.

I agree that paying extra money to unlock content that is already on the disc that I paid for is just crap. I am already giving them my hard earned money, why not let me unlock that content by completing certain requirements in the game?