Vinrtua Quest 5.5, 5.0, 4.0
Backyard Wrestling 2- 5.5, 5.0, 6.5
Mercenaries 8.5, 8.5, 9.0 (silver)
The Getaway: BM - 4.5, 7.0, 6.5
Ghost Recon 2 - 2.5, 3.0, 5.5
Full Metal Alchemist 6, 5.5, 6.0
Suikoden IV - 6.5, 6.0, 5.5
MechAssault 2 - 8.0, 8.0, 8.0 (silver)
Oddworld: Stranger 8.5, 8.5, 8.5 (Silver)
SWKOTR 2: 8.5, 7.0, 9.0 (silver)
Mario Party 6 6, 6.5, 8
Asphalt Urban GT 6.5, 5.5, 6.0
The Urbz - 8.5, 7.5, 9.5 (silver)
Pathway to Glory - 7.5, 7.5, 7.0
LOZ Minish Cap - 9.0, 9.5, 8.5 (gold) GOTM

Damn! Suikoden IV got a low score. Too bad I was really looking forward to it. Aww who cares, I'll still buy it and beat it at least twice.

[quote name='onetrackmind']really? man i even used the search option before i posted them. Sorry[/quote]

That's okay. You have to type exactly what you want to find to get results. His topic title is a little different as well.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Damn! Suikoden IV got a low score. Too bad I was really looking forward to it. Aww who cares, I'll still buy it and beat it at least twice.[/quote]

You shouldn't base your opinion on one mags opinion. You should get multiple opinions and then maybe even still rent it before making a decision.

Mags are slaves to the publishers anyway...

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Damn! Suikoden IV got a low score. Too bad I was really looking forward to it. Aww who cares, I'll still buy it and beat it at least twice.[/quote]

You shouldn't base your opinion on one mags opinion. You should get multiple opinions and then maybe even still rent it before making a decision.

Mags are slaves to the publishers anyway...[/quote]

Trust me I agree with you, I was just shocked cause I thought it was gonna get better scores.

[quote name='WarrenGekko'][quote name='Trakan']Scorch posted these already, but thanks for taking the time to post them.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44846&highlight=[/quote]

Wow that was a pretty thorough recap of the mag, but the reviews were not listed in the Video Game reviews header.[/quote]

..huh? So? Two pages of other posters were totally able to figure out that since i'm discussing the new issue of EGM, i'd also be posting scores..

But who really gives a damn 'bout you anyways :p

Ah, J/K.

Seriously though, I'm saddened to see that Virtua Quest is basically a faliure. Oh well at least VF4EVO is still the greatest fighter ever :)

[quote name='Scrubking']
Mags are slaves to the publishers anyway...[/quote]

Yup, that's why EGM gives out so many shitty scores, because if a game scores low enough, people will buy it just to see how bad it really is.

Wait . . . No, that doesn't make any sense at all.

How about instead of getting wrapped up in the individual scores of a game, you take the time to actually read the fucking review! Turns out you learn more about a game that way, than, say, looking at a set of digits.

I agree with the scores given to the suikoden series. The first two maintain their charm with old school graphics/story, but with 4 coming out with the PS2's dev cycle reaching maturity, the graphics are really no excuse. Jesus it looks like a PS2 launch title. My roomie has the import version and although the story and battle system are ok, overall it seems as if Konami just doesnt care about this franchise the way it should. They have this "meh, the fans will buy it anyways" approach to it. If they really worked hard it could rival FF. /rant

*Note* I know graphics dont make a game, I love the Lunar series, flame away if you must.

[quote name='taiidanx']I agree with the scores given to the suikoden series. The first two maintain their charm with old school graphics/story, but with 4 coming out with the PS2's dev cycle reaching maturity, the graphics are really no excuse. Jesus it looks like a PS2 launch title. My roomie has the import version and although the story and battle system are ok, overall it seems as if Konami just doesnt care about this franchise the way it should. They have this "meh, the fans will buy it anyways" approach to it. If they really worked hard it could rival FF. /rant

*Note* I know graphics dont make a game, I love the Lunar series, flame away if you must.[/quote]

First off, another UCD kid. That's like the fourth on here...

Second, nice post. Fairly obvious that you know what you're talking about. However, what's your opinion on 3? And isn't 4 a fairly big departure from 3?

Hells yeah! UCD!
Anyways, I thought 3 was good. I had issues with the new battle mechanics and pacing. I still perfer 2 to all other incarnations.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='WarrenGekko'][quote name='Trakan']Scorch posted these already, but thanks for taking the time to post them.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44846&highlight=[/quote]

Wow that was a pretty thorough recap of the mag, but the reviews were not listed in the Video Game reviews header.[/quote]

..huh? So? Two pages of other posters were totally able to figure out that since i'm discussing the new issue of EGM, i'd also be posting scores..[/quote]

No. I am not saying it was bad. I loved the post! I was just noting that if I were to look for the EGM reviews in the future, I would look in the video game review section and would have missed your post. Luckily for me someone posted the link of your post in this section.

bread's done
Back