GoGamer. PC-FarCry2 $33/Spore $38. 360-FarCry2/SR2 $42ea, 360 Wireless for Win. $25

Thanks. Good price on FC2. As always shipping prevents me from buying from GoGamer though. I'll wait for Amazon to have it for the same price and free shipping.

Yeah shipping is a pain. I was wondering does anyone know where they ship from by chance? I've never ordered with them and was thinking about pulling the trigger on Far Cry 2.

FC2 PC is import just fyi. Good idea to stick a little (i) next to the titles that are to differentiate them from domestic.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Yeah shipping is a pain. I was wondering does anyone know where they ship from by chance? I've never ordered with them and was thinking about pulling the trigger on Far Cry 2.[/quote]

their base of operations is in CA but they have a few warehouses scattered around.

Dont really get the shipping complaint. Its $2.99, hardly a deal breaker and usually far worse at most other places.

Damn, that's a good deal on Far Cry 2... too bad I don't have the money for it after I pick up Fallout 3 today. I'll have to pass on it and hope that Amazon get the same deal later this week when I get paid.

Damn, i just bought a used wired controller from GameDealDaily for $15 plus a few bucks for shipping. I would have gotten this wireless controller instead, but it's too late now. A lot of good prices here.

Most of the new releases (FarCry2/Saints2 etc) that were out before the BIG-GUNS (Fallout/gears/LBP) will probably all be on sale before christmas, maybe in the $30 range

Probably has more to do with down sales via bad economy too and not because inferior quality

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Was seconds away from jumping on the controller deal but then saw this...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/widespread-issues-with-xbox-360-wireless-receiver-for-windows/

Any idea? :whistle2:#[/quote]

I didnt have any issues like that with mine but after i started using it for awhile i began to get rampent BSODs for one reason or another. After uninstalling the wireless controller [only after i'd done everything else of course] everything went back to relative normality. Needless to say i was miffed. Havent used it since.

I've got the wireless receiver on two different PCs and the only issue I had was that it doesn't play well on the hub I was using (so I swapped some stuff around and don't have it on a hub anymore). I think a lot of these USB issues depend on the quality of the rig you use it on.

That article is ancient anyway, they've come out with new drivers since then (if it had anything to do with drivers).

wow awesome deal on FC2. I was going to get fallout 3 and wait a while for Far Cry, but at 45, why the hell not! The map editor alone is reason to buy:drool:

Anyone know if the import version of Farcry 2 has "activation"? The U.S. version does of course so I can't buy it.

I'll buy the 360 or PS3 one instead, I guess, but I'd rather buy the PC one if it lacks "activation".

I've never had any problems with the wireless PC reciever. Works great with a lot of games, including Crysis, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3.

If you pick it up, also get xpadder (www.xpadder.com). Allows the controller to emulate keyboard and mouse.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Anyone know if the import version of Farcry 2 has "activation"? The U.S. version does of course so I can't buy it.

I'll buy the 360 or PS3 one instead, I guess, but I'd rather buy the PC one if it lacks "activation".[/quote]

this is ubisoft...:roll:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&f=1521068375&m=8641086496

seems like the UK manager detailed the protection, I really don't see it being any different in the USA.

I would expect all kinds to have activation.

Gr, was on the fence for it at normal price at gogamer at ~$43 shipped. Would have bought it at $25+shipping! Too bad it seems it's OOS and back to normal price :(

[quote name='xycury']this is ubisoft...:roll:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&f=1521068375&m=8641086496

seems like the UK manager detailed the protection, I really don't see it being any different in the USA.

I would expect all kinds to have activation.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks! I figured it would be the same, but hey, sometimes one version will be infected and the other is safe to buy.

Oh well, I'll just go for the 360 version I guess since it's cheaper than the PS3 one.

[quote name='Jonnyy']Gr, was on the fence for it at normal price at gogamer at ~$43 shipped. Would have bought it at $25+shipping! Too bad it seems it's OOS and back to normal price :([/quote]

Sorry about that. Thanks for the update. I've struck through it in the OOP (but I left the link for quick access, in case it comes back).

If this is like their Brother in Arms sale, the price was great but I got a copy of the game made in Malaysia not the US. Don't know if anyone cares about that, but I figure it's worth mentioning.

[quote name='zodden']Why is the import version of Farcry cheaper? What makes it any different?[/quote]

exchange rate?

my only guess is that import versions could be cheaper because there was overstock?

no clue... really.. none...

I might just pick up FC. That's a damn good and tempting price. I wasn't planning on getting it until seeing this here. Normally gogamer has coupons. anybody know of any.

Dang, I of course WANT the PC Farcry, but it's infected...then I thought I'd pick up the 360 one, until I actually read reviews.

The part about having to break through the same checkpoints, and fight the same jeep of people coming after you again and again and again and again and again and again... sounds hideous.

The one review I read said it almost gets funny. Sounds like a lot of the rest of it is really really good, but it's brought down by some really stupid design decisions.

[quote name='ShonnyG112']I might just pick up FC. That's a damn good and tempting price. I wasn't planning on getting it until seeing this here. Normally gogamer has coupons. anybody know of any.[/quote]

Uh, normally GoGamer DOESN'T have any coupons.

[quote name='zodden']Why is the import version of Farcry cheaper? What makes it any different?[/quote]

Its been this way for "grey market" games for as long as I can remember. They price different for different regions.

Yeah, I can't remember any coupons with Gogamer, though their prices are usually good. Love that store! :)

Between even just Gogamer, Newegg, and Amazon... (I spend too much money...then add Toys R Us in there!)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Shipping at bestsku is high, $7 is the cheapest I can get unless there is a free shipping code.[/quote] Is that just to your area or all over the US? How much does GoGamer charge for shipping?

[quote name='ShonnyG112']Is that just to your area or all over the US? How much does GoGamer charge for shipping?[/quote]

normally about $3... maybe a bit less... like pennies...

bread's done
Back