Photo
- - - - -

CAG Poll: Do you own unopened games?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you own unopened games?

Do you own unopened games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:35 AM

Not anymore. I recently sold off my entire backlog because I realized I was hanging on to game I would never have the time to play.

That's exactly what I did to afford my PS3, was get rid of my PS2/Xbox collection. Surprsingly though, I had actually played 90-95% of them, though some I never made it all the way through and some I was just really put off by since they became less fun to play as I got deeper into the game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#92 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

Soul Calibur 3 has stayed sealed on my shelf for a few years now.

I'm actually about to open it this weekend after finally finding out there's a Namco transmission disc hiding in the package as a secret bonus.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#93 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

Currently have about 4 unopened games.

PS2: Kingdom Hearts 2
PS3: Splinter Cell Double Agent and Tiger Woods 07
Wii: Resident Evil 4

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#94 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

139 unopened at last count...I really have to start playing some of them.

HHHWWHAAATTTTT!!!!!!!

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#95 dinobot

dinobot

Chicken Necker?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

Ummm... tons of games of mine are unopen. I buy them at clearance price and just put them there. 24 hour days are just too short!

#96 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

this particular NPD report was mentioned last night at attack of the show on g4.

#97 DuelLadyS

DuelLadyS

Basch Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

I have four- one is a Japanese import I bought for the figure it came with (Why open it? I can't play it or read the manual very well). the other 3 I just haven't gotten around to playing yet - Arc the Lad Twlight of Spirits on PS2, GH version Xenogears on PS1, and Zelda Minish Cap on GBA- which I only bought to unload a Kmart gift card. Judging by Ebay, that may have been a smart move- it's seriously tempting to re-buy it used and sell the sealed one...

#98 jjgames

jjgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

The distinction that for me is why are they unopened?

I have a few that are unopened as collectors items. Games I really like and want a pristine condition copy.

I don't have any unopened games that I intend to play. When I buy a game I play it, there is no backlog and I don't just impulse buy. Some games I play for only an hour or so and decide they are not worth my time but I play them all.
Owner of JJGames.com and publisher of VGPC.com
Posted Image

#99 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Currently I only have 1 unopened game, which is Bioshock. I almost always open games right after I buy them.

#100 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

I have several. I bought GTA 4 upon release, but that very weekend, I had to go out of town for some training, so I figured I would not open/play it because I would likely want to take my 360 with me to Chicago. Upon returning, I ended up buying a few other games and I started dating my current gf, so there went my time!8-)
On the plus side, since I still haven't opened GTA IV and it dropped price, I realized I should not be buying games on release dates. I'm renting now 8-)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#101 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Did not vote as I'm kind of in between.

Short answer, no.

I don't often have unopened games outside of a B2GX sale or an otherwise good sale. I'm usually pretty good about playing games when I receive them, except in instances when multiple games are bought at once or I'm saving games for an occasion (i.e. long trips). Like right now, I have FFIV unopened, but only because I'm saving it for a long Thanksgiving drive with family.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#102 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

thanks to CAG half my games are still sealed. Since I recently decided to finish the games I have open they're gonna stay that way for a bit longer.

This poll should reflect 1-5 unopened vs 10+ unopened. I bought a PS2 for the DVD player and Ace Combat 04 last year.. Since then I've slowly and accidentally built up a PS2 collection because of great clearance deals. So 90% of my PS2 collection (about 20) is sealed.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#103 cshawley33

cshawley33

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

I currently have The Orange Box and The Witcher from LAST Christmas. I got spoiled with 5 of the top 10 games from last year, and a new Wii for my girlfriend. Too much to play, so I am behind:cry:. Even worse is I just bought Wii Guitar Hero Aerosmith and World Tour, as well as Crysis Warhead. Happy birthday to me:). Tell your unopened box stories. Oh yeah, I worked 3 jobs this past year. No time to play.

#104 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

Thanks to CAG, I had quite a few unopened games last winter due to the crap load of sales from Black Friday throughout Christmas. One day I just said Fuck it, opened the unopened games, and played each from 15-30 min.

Ironically, I ended up tradin' in 38 games over the summer with most of those last winter purchases bein' thrown in the pile lol. Impulse buyin' off the strengh of a sale is not a good look for me. No sense in buyin' if I honestly know I'm not goin' to play the game even if I do have free time to play it.

But no, I don't have anymore unopened games...and it will stay that way 8-)

Posted Image

#105 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

I've got several unopened games, all from Black Friday last year or from Gamestop's Game Days sale this summer. Other than that, I buy about 90% my games used, so I have a TON of opened, but unplayed games.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image