Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#331 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

Also if you read the bottom of my picture it says "Offer not good on special editions or bundles". So no gears of war 2 LE :cry: (Don't know if that was answered or not but there ya go) Hope this helps you guys!

well, straight up you cannot get the LE editions, but offer to pay the difference...and no biggie...(handled by 2 different store managers) the only challenge now is getting to the store right at release as my local stores are rarely receiving any LEs that were not preordered.

#332 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Darn, my Target doesn't have Facebreaker or any other 360/PS3 eligible title. :O

Posted Image

#333 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Traded in:
Warriors Orochi 2 - $16.50
Lost Odyssey - $10.75

Received Call of Duty: World at War for $19.99

#334 Akridsky

Akridsky

Old and Tired

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:30 AM

Hey guys I managed to get my hands on the list and I uploaded it and here it is. (Better quality :O(bigger really))

http://i357.photobuc...pg?t=1226441637

or

http://img152.images...melisthqwe1.jpg

Also I traded in 2 wii games (Wario Ware : Smooth Moves and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles) for Call of duty world at war (Xbox 360). Just if anyone wanted to know if you could trade in 2 Wii games for a Xbox 360 game. (Don't know if this was answered or not but there you go :)) Also if you read the bottom of my picture it says "Offer not good on special editions or bundles". So no gears of war 2 LE :cry: (Don't know if that was answered or not but there ya go) Hope this helps you guys!

Didn't we already have these in the first post or is this something different?

#335 xbox360please

xbox360please

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:24 AM

would it be worth trading in
Super Paper Mario
Cooking Mama: Cook off
Super Mario Galaxy
Rayman Raving Rabbids

and then getting Fable 2 and Fallout 3?

#336 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

Didn't we already have these in the first post or is this something different?

They are better quality.

#337 hunterny77

hunterny77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

I thoroughly dislike Gamestop's ridiculous promos. We are better off joining Goozex.com and trading with peers and only spending shipping cost and $1 trade fee.

#338 nattybohman

nattybohman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

Just traded in the pack in games Kung-Fu panda and Lego Indiana Jones for Call of Duty World at War!
Posted Image
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#339 xbox360please

xbox360please

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

Mine were packed in in one box, were you able to trade them in anyway?

#340 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

What's the cheapest game I can buy from somewhere? I have one game on the list but none of my other games are eligible (except Burnout Paradise but that was taken off).

Posted Image

#341 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

What's the cheapest game I can buy from somewhere? I have one game on the list but none of my other games are eligible (except Burnout Paradise but that was taken off).

Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga is $14.99 at Blockbuster used.

You could theoretically pick one up using the Cellfire coupon + Edge from GS for $11-12, I think. Just a note, Edge works with this deal, giving you $20 + 10% of the value. I traded :360: GTA4 ($12.50) and :wii: Metroid Prime 3 ($12.50) and got $21.25 for each of them.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#342 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

Get 2 blank dvd cases and put them in there?

#343 Lunaris

Lunaris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Yea, if they give you any trouble just remind them that there is clearly no mention of the 360 pack in games not being eligible.

#344 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

I think it is a rip off that they have WiiFit and balance board on the list. Who ever trades that in must be d-u-m!

(Side note: Yes I know it is misspelled moran.)
Posted Image
| Blog |

#345 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

Cool, thanks JJSP -- I'll call them later today. Turns out I do have two things, MoH: Heroes 2 and Orange Box (360). Not tempted to trade OB yet, but thinking about trading it anyway for CoD:WaW.

Posted Image

#346 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Here is a list of "cheaper" games from Blockbuster/GameRush

(Name of Game - BBV price)
Lego Star Wars: TCS - $14.99
Super Mario Galaxy - $24.99
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 - $19.99
Okami - $19.99
The Incredible Hulk $24.99
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $24.99
Skate - $14.99
Half Life 2: Orange Box - $19.99
Eternal Sonata - $24.99
Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath $14.99
Gran Turismo 5 - $19.99

#347 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

I just noticed Rapala Fishing Tournament for Wii is on the trade list. The game from last year? That game sucked. I think I can buy that from a co-worker real cheap.

Scored it for $10.,

Edited by qwikstreet, 12 November 2008 - 02:49 PM.

Posted Image
| Blog |

#348 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Well, I am going to pick up a game today...finally have two games to trade in.

Now, what do I want:
- Call of Duty 5
- Gears 2
- Little Big Planet
- Left 4 Dead

I didn't play the L4D demo yet, so I may wait on that. I'm leaning towards CoD5 since I love FPS.

#349 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

Anything but COD5 is gold

#350 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

I went against your vote and picked up COD:WaW.

I still will get GoW2 and LBP eventually...way too many games right now anyways.

#351 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

I blame CAG for too many games. I just start picking up and flipping for deals that I see here.
Posted Image
| Blog |

#352 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

I went to do this today and the system wouldn't automatically adjust the values on my two games when the clerk tried to do it with my pre-existing pre-order for Mirror's Edge. Seemed to work fine if he just flat-out rang up a copy of Mirror's Edge alongside the trade-in. I suppose he'd rather not cancel my pre-order though, because he just manually adjusted the values to $20 instead. Worked out in my favor, because then my Edge card added 10% to each $20 value. $4 in my favor; yay.
Posted Image

#353 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

I was wondering if anyone tried to trade the games with cellfire trade % + edgecard?? and apply it to the game?

#354 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

I was wondering if anyone tried to trade the games with cellfire trade % + edgecard?? and apply it to the game?

Probably not since there is no value associated with the trade ins. Just a straight 2 games in get one game out.

Hoping to have enough games after one more visit to a blockbuster for 3 games.
Posted Image
| Blog |

#355 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Probably not since there is no value associated with the trade ins. Just a straight 2 games in get one game out.

Hoping to have enough games after one more visit to a blockbuster for 3 games.

Well, technically, it adjusts the trade in value of each game to $20. However, I'm 99% sure that both promos would not combine.
Posted Image

#356 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

No need to try. The ONLY GS promo that stacks with another automatically in the system is the EDGE bonus.

You may find employees who are willing to stack these things together, but they end up doing it manually.

#357 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

I just grabbed Bully for Wii at Blockbuster for 8$ after some tradeins (regular 19.99). However, I just noticed the Wii cover does not have a bar code in it. Will GS still take this? (Manual is there though and poster.)

*Never mind, I'm blind. Bar code for bully is very thin and hiding under Blockbuster sticker.

Edited by qwikstreet, 12 November 2008 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image
| Blog |

#358 jabroni316

jabroni316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Is there any restriction from trading in 2 copies of the same title?

#359 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

Just got back from a BB/GR and had picked up the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man (both 360) for 14.99 a piece. They may have been marked wrong, because I noticed when he was ringing it up they were at 24.99 and then a -10.00 was after it. I am going to hit up another one and try to find two more games to hopefully pick up Gears 2 and CoD: WaW tonight. I will post again about 10 or so with my findings.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#360 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

If you're doing this deal I don't see as how it would be worth all the trouble in the long run. If you're paying more than $15 for each of the two trade-in games then you're only saving $10 (2x $15 for the used titles + $19.99 price for new game = $50+ tax). Unless I can find two of the titles on that list for under $10 each it's just not worth the hassle (in my opinion).