Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#511 jmiller

jmiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:59 AM

Used this deal today and got a game with a gift reciept. Can I exchanged the game and reciept for gamestop credit later on or will I have to get a game when I exchange it
Thanks in advance

#512 Siberkat

Siberkat

IMU J! : (

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

OK, Here is "My Humble Opinion": If you want a game & you got the 2 Trade ins to get the game, you go for it.

You could wait for the B2G1 Free deal for next week at GS & trade in your games with cellfire coupon. No guarantee you will get the games you want.

You can sit on the games & wait & hope that another, better deal might come along. Again, no guarantee.

Depending on your current backlog (Mine is INSANE!!!) & if you have credit at GS (I do not have as much as some, but a good amount.), I still grab a deal when I can. Just picked up L4D & played with my friends (It is a BLAST!). That makes it worth it right there.

So, in closing \\:D/."Go For It!"\\:D/

Off to play some more L4D. :D
Being single is much better than being lied to, cheated on & disrespected.

Posted Image

#513 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:18 AM

Not sure how this was possible, but I used a couple of games to get Fallout 3 for the PC for $10
Posted Image

#514 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

I traded in GTA4 and Skate to get Fallout 3, but forgot to get a gift receipt. If I return Fallout (sealed) in order to pick it up used during the B2G1, what should I expect to get back onto my Edge card?

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#515 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:16 AM

I traded in GTA4 and Skate to get Fallout 3, but forgot to get a gift receipt. If I return Fallout (sealed) in order to pick it up used during the B2G1, what should I expect to get back onto my Edge card?

They should just give you a generic Gamestop giftcard for the full amount ($59.99 plus tax) thats what they did for me last week when I returned my sealed Fallout 3 to get COD:WaW and the store didnt have any at the time. For some strange reason they could not apply the return amount to my Edge Card and thats why I ended up with the generic Gamestop gift card.

I am hoping I can return my sealed copies of Mirrors Edge and Gears of War 2 that I got with this deal and pick up used copies with the cellfire and edge discount it would give like an extra $33.00 in credit.

Edited by ajh2298, 22 November 2008 - 03:46 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#516 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

They should just give you a generic Gamestop giftcard for the full amount ($59.99 plus tax) thats what they did for me last week when I returned my sealed Fallout 3 to get COD:WaW and the store didnt have any at the time. For some strange reason they could not apply the return amount to my Edge Card and thats why I ended up with the generic Gamestop gift card.

I am hoping I can return my sealed copies of Mirrors Edge and Gears of War 2 that I got with this deal and pick up used copies with the cellfire and edge discount it would give like an extra $33.00 in credit.

Excellent. I was afraid I was going to get screwed and get back $40-ish (the $21 or so I paid plus the original, pre-promo TIV's).

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#517 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

If it's within the 30 days mark you should get full price....

Also can someone explain why my Avatar isn't showing up in my sig?
Posted Image

#518 DeltaOne

DeltaOne

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

I just called my local Gamestop, and they said this promotion is no longer eligible. Anyone else getting the same? I'm going to call a couple more in the area to see what's up.

#519 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

Well wish me luck the only store in my area that has both "Mirrors Edge" and "GOW2" used is the store that is staffed by the biggest jagg-offs in the history of Gamestop. I had my wife call this morning to check to see if they used copies in-stock and if they would hold them for her, I was surprised that they are even going to do that for us. I cant wait to see how they react to the cellfire coupon, and my rreturn of my sealed copies.

#520 DeltaOne

DeltaOne

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

I just called another store in my area, and they HAVE extended this until the 23rd. SWEET!

#521 qwikstreet

qwikstreet

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Going tomorrow with my second run. Bully and Rapala Fishing (Wii). That's right Rapala Fishing the game from almost 2yrs ago.

Going to probably get another AC:CF and just return it with a gift reciept for a used Fallout3 and others in the B2G1 free deal.

We can return these then right? I thought I saw something saying we could in here.
Posted Image
| Blog |

#522 Siberkat

Siberkat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:48 PM

Traded :360: Orange Box (Finally finished all Half Life episodes, last night.) & :ps3: Facebreaker (Sealed) (which I got at Target for $12.48) & I got GOW2. :D

Traded in Original Scene it & Burnout Revenge with Cellfire & Edge, so paid nothing for GOW2.

Had the guy do 2 separate transactions (Felt bad, cause he was alone & the store was busy. ). When he asked why, I explained the cellfire thing would get screwed up with the other trade. He was cool with that.

Signed the form, left my thumbprint on the 3 pages & now looking forward to Thanksgiving. :applause:

Edited by Siberkat, 22 November 2008 - 07:56 PM.
"nothing"

Posted Image

#523 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

Just picked up Left 4 Dead for $19.xx using credit.

I'm happy - Got GoW by trading a PS2 game + PC game (both I never played anymore) and traded a game for Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga, so I didn't spend a dime :)

(got the games by trading online, not at a store)

#524 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

I just called another store in my area, and they HAVE extended this until the 23rd. SWEET!

....that's been in the OP for weeks...??

#525 goatwoody

goatwoody

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:28 AM

Does gamestop usually do these deals every month or so? I swear, I never hear about them and they never advertise it on their site or in store by me in Ohio.

Any idea when the next "Trade in 2 games for 1 brand new" deal will happen since this ends today?

#526 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

Traded :360: Orange Box (Finally finished all Half Life episodes, last night.) & :ps3: Facebreaker (Sealed) (which I got at Target for $12.48) & I got GOW2. :D

Traded in Original Scene it & Burnout Revenge with Cellfire & Edge, so paid nothing for GOW2.

Had the guy do 2 separate transactions (Felt bad, cause he was alone & the store was busy. ). When he asked why, I explained the cellfire thing would get screwed up with the other trade. He was cool with that.

Signed the form, left my thumbprint on the 3 pages & now looking forward to Thanksgiving. :applause:

When I traded in two games using Cellfire and then Orange Box and Lego Star Wars, the clerk was able to do it in one transaction. The computer kept track and did the right thing for all four games.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#527 Siberkat

Siberkat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

When I traded in two games using Cellfire and then Orange Box and Lego Star Wars, the clerk was able to do it in one transaction. The computer kept track and did the right thing for all four games.

I kinda did not want to take any chances (didn't know the guy & been burned before). I also thought I had read in one of the previous posts (OMG, someone actually reads the previous posts!? ;)) that someone had a problem when they tried to do 4 games (2 trades & 2 for the deal). Oh well, live & learn. Thanks for the info. BTW, Great Job with the Target Thread.:)

Posted Image

#528 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

I was able yesterday to return both my sealed copies of "Mirrors Edge" and "COD:WAW" that I got with this deal for used copies and it saved me over $48.00 after edge and cellfire, which he put back on a GC for me. I than traded in "The Orange Box" and "Lego Star Wars" to get "Left 4 Dead" and used $23.00 off the GC to pay the difference. I than went back later in the day and rebought my copies of the "The Orange Box" and "Lego Star Wars" with edge and cellfire since they were in mint condition and used up the rest of the GC and about $3.00 out of pocket.

#529 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

I called and they said the deal is still on for today but they changed the games eligible for trade. Can anyone get the new list?
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#530 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

I just called and wii Lego Complete Saga still qualifies (bought two yesterday on sale at Costco for $10.99/tx) trading those towards GOW2.

#531 goatwoody

goatwoody

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:14 AM

I hope Gears of War and Lost Odyssey are on the new list.

#532 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:16 AM

so wait this has now been extended?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#533 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:36 AM

I was told a new list of games would be updated for this week. New games for 19.99 and new games to trade in.

On a side note they never applied my 30% cellfire to my trade in's. Instead they only applied a 10% edge card trade in. I'll have to drive in and fix it tomorrow.

#534 zegolf

zegolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

I was told a new list of games would be updated for this week. New games for 19.99 and new games to trade in.

On a side note they never applied my 30% cellfire to my trade in's. Instead they only applied a 10% edge card trade in. I'll have to drive in and fix it tomorrow.

I don't think the Deal + Cellfire + Edge stacks. Pretty sure everyone on here has said only the Deal + Edge will stack.

#535 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

I don't think the Deal + Cellfire + Edge stacks. Pretty sure everyone on here has said only the Deal + Edge will stack.

Yep only EDGE stacks

#536 killer9

killer9

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

is this deal still active and till when?

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#537 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

where's cellfire coupon?
"Evil is Funs"

#538 YoUnGKiLlAh

YoUnGKiLlAh

Gamer4Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

is this deal still active and till when?

nope. it expired yesterday.

#539 zegolf

zegolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

where's cellfire coupon?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=196226

#540 Chocolatejas

Chocolatejas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

Has this been renewed? Any updated lists?
PS3 80GB | 19 games | Wii | 7 games | PSP | 7 games | 49 BR | PSN ID: Chocolatejas

Posted Image