Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#31 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

a little tip:
If you don't want any of the new games on that list, you can simply pick up any game, then keep the reciept, you have 30 days to bring the game back to trade for another new game, or heck, even cash.

They may or may not put up a fuss if you try to exchange it for a different game, although you could probably do it. I don't think you'd be able to get cash, though. Store credit at best.

Hey about this: buy 2 Lego Star Wars for Wii which is about 27.00 (with CAG16 and Edge card) shipped from Gamestop, and trade back in with 20 dollars for Fallout 3. I wonder if there are cheaper games on the list though...

There are some problems with that.

1. Ordering online at this point, there is a chance that the games would not arrive in time for the deal (expires 11/02). You'd be better off finding a local store that has the games you want and using the cellfire 20% coupon (which would save you a little more). Also, ordering online, you aren't guaranteed case and instructions, which could cause them to deny this deal. If you get the games in store, you can choose complete ones.

2. I'm not sure Lego Star Wars for Wii still qualifies. It is possible, since they haven't updated their price for the new version, but I know the 360 one no longer qualifies, so there is a good chance the Wii version won't.

3. If it doesn't qualify any more, you can probably get them to override 1, but I think they might suspect something is up if you try trading 2 of the same (cheap) game with this deal. Better to try different games. CSI: Hard Evidence is the same price (17.99 used before discounts), and is on the list, but I don't know if it has been disqualified as well.

4. Keep in mind that you will have to pay tax not only on the games you are buying in order to trade, but also on the full sale price ($59.99) of Fallout 3. Not a deal killer, but tax here is 9.25%, so it hurts. It didn't stop me from doing this deal, though... twice. Both times, one of my games was a Lego Star Wars for 360. Both of which I got during the B2G1 sale. I stink ;)

#32 koebner

koebner

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

This deal stacked w/Edge for me;traded R6V2 and TW 08 and paid 19.67 out the door for NBA2K9.
Total TIV was 20.45 for TW08 and 20.98 for R6V2.

#33 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Lego Star Wars is YMMV. It does require the employee to override. However, with it listed in the flyer, most employees may be willing to do so.

Tiger 08 is also a good one to use for this deal. 12.59 after 20% off + Edge I believe.

Also, at least in my two cases, I have been able to apply Edge to the games traded in, so got an extra percentage taken away from the amount owed.

Depending on the games used, you can get a brand new title for roughly 43 in credit.

Aah, Tiger 08, good find. I couldn't apply edge to mine, possibly because of the override the second time. The first time, my $2 edge card hadn't arrived yet.

#34 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Hey TC, I realise you already listed two other valid games for the trade-in deal (GTAIV and BP), but did you also mean you managed to include Cabela's Alaskan in that as well?

Cause I don't see that listed in the flyer (only has Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2009), but I've got the Alaskan one from some lot of games I bought but never played it at all and would love to get rid of it at some value.;)

#35 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hey TC, I realise you already listed two other valid games for the trade-in deal (GTAIV and BP), but did you also mean you managed to include Cabela's Alaskan in that as well?

Cause I don't see that listed in the flyer (only has Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2009), but I've got the Alaskan one from some lot of games I bought but never played it at all and would love to get rid of it at some value.;)

Nah, he was just listing it as something else he traded in. It does not qualify.

#36 Jqwerty

Jqwerty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

Holy Shit. I just traded Skate (360), Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii), and Kung Fu Panda/LEGO Indiana Jones (360). I picked up Fallout 3 and GH: World Tour for the 360. The dude had to do it manually because of the LEGO Indiana Jones ineligibility thing. I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay a cent and he credited $33.22 to my account and I walked out with my games. I got 2 games and over $30 for 2 games I didn't want in the first place and two games I don't play anymore. Sweet.

#37 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

What if you went to walmart, did the 2 for 30 deal - picking skate and orange box, then went to gamestop and took advantage of this deal, you save ten bucks.

#38 AJRogers

AJRogers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

There was no deal applied to Cabela's. I just listed it to have an up to date GS TIV posted on the boards somewhere.

#39 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

What if you went to walmart, did the 2 for 30 deal - picking skate and orange box, then went to gamestop and took advantage of this deal, you save ten bucks.

Tax + shipping on Walmart deal, not that great a savings. Plus, Skate and Orange Box aren't in the list anymore.

#40 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:30 PM

Holy Shit. I just traded Skate (360), Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii), and Kung Fu Panda/LEGO Indiana Jones (360). I picked up Fallout 3 and GH: World Tour for the 360. The dude had to do it manually because of the LEGO Indiana Jones ineligibility thing. I don't know what happened, but I didn't pay a cent and he credited $33.22 to my account and I walked out with my games. I got 2 games and over $30 for 2 games I didn't want in the first place and two games I don't play anymore. Sweet.

you lucky man.

#41 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

There was no deal applied to Cabela's. I just listed it to have an up to date GS TIV posted on the boards somewhere.

Ah I see, thanks.

#42 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']FIFA08 (Wii) - Bought for $5[quote]

Where did you get this for $5 ? Thanks

#43 xfade

xfade

Friend of CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

I've bought Fifa 09, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Saints Row 2 from this deal buying games straight from Gamestop with my Cellfire coupon. I also bought a bunch of these eligible games during the B2G1 (each games comes out to $40-42 each after the $20 + the 2 games)

The ones to pick up (in the $17.99 range) $12 and change after cellfire+EDGE:

Wii Games:
Fifa 08
Tiger Woods 08
CSI Hard Evidence
WWE Smackdown 2008

I cleaned out all my Gamestops. Good deal for those wanting these new games on release day. I feel bad now not posting this earlier.
Posted Image

#44 HiddenPanda

HiddenPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

Hmm...im tempted to trade Gears and MLB 2k8 for the fable deal...so tempting, considering I never play Gears and MLB 2k8 blows until you fiddle the hell out of it with sliders...

#45 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

What is the trade in price for Resistance and MLB 08 The Show? I may trade those in for Fallout...although, I might get more at Blockbuster.

I realized I also have Godfather (PS3) and Ghost Squad....I haven't touched either in forever, so that might be a good trade alsol.

Edited by doubledown, 30 October 2008 - 01:51 AM.

#46 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

Going to pick up 2 Lego Star Wars and 2 DBZ: Burst Limits and get Saints Row and Midnight Club for the 360, will possibly trade one of those for Far Cry 2.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#47 soulyogurt

soulyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

Thanks OP.. last night I traded in Lego Star Wars and the Orange Box for Fallout and with the $10 bonus, and after existing credit, ended up paying $30-something... today I mentioned this promotion and was able to get it for basically the tradein games only, maybe some of the edge card credit, too. It's hard to tell... I think they refunded my credit card more than I payed with it, and still put a buck or so back on the edge card. *shrug* I got the game with no cash outlay. Woot!
Posted Image
www.entertainingart.com
www.thearcsolano.orgPosted Image

#48 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:51 AM

a little tip:
If you don't want any of the new games on that list, you can simply pick up any game, then keep the reciept, you have 30 days to bring the game back to trade for another new game, or heck, even cash.

Actually, no. GameStop's return policy is that brand-new games can only be returned for another copy of the same game. On used games, you can do a one-time return within seven days, and even then, it's for store credit. Some managers are more flexible than others, but that's what corporate says the return policy is.

#49 yesitsreallyjosh

yesitsreallyjosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

Actually, no. GameStop's return policy is that brand-new games can only be returned for another copy of the same game. On used games, you can do a one-time return within seven days, and even then, it's for store credit. Some managers are more flexible than others, but that's what corporate says the return policy is.

thats strange, last year i returned my brand new copy of assasins creed with receipt 2,3 weeks later for mass effect, and they exchanged it no questions asked.

is this a new policy? or was the manager just coolio?

btw, i guess the wii sports titles (fifa, woods 08) are the best flippers, no?

#50 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

I had a good trade with this deal. traded in DBZ (360) and tiger woods 08 (360) and somehow they stack it with the "trade 2 get xtra $10" and i got $50 total credit towards Fallout3. I guess its ymmv.

#51 yesitsreallyjosh

yesitsreallyjosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

p.s. fable or fallout? :X

#52 PaiPaiMaster

PaiPaiMaster

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

Whut, I traded in 2 of those games today and I didn't even hear a mention of it.

Now they're gone. D:

Should I take my receipt in tomorrow and ask about it? I'd like Fallout.

#53 yesitsreallyjosh

yesitsreallyjosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:21 AM

Whut, I traded in 2 of those games today and I didn't even hear a mention of it.

Now they're gone. D:

Should I take my receipt in tomorrow and ask about it? I'd like Fallout.

i traded a few of them just last week, and sorry, but....

....when you had it to them, consider it gone FOREVER

it's not even a YMMV. there is nothing you or they can do.

#54 soulyogurt

soulyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

josh,
I just posted up there a little bit that I traded, didn't get the deal, and today they refunded and redid the transaction to get me this deal, with both Legos Star Wars and The Orange Box, both of which are YMMV themselves. I would say getting them to redo a trade is definitely within the realm of YMMV. Or ignore my anecdotal evidence. Statistically, it might still be close enough to zero chance to call it that.
Posted Image
www.entertainingart.com
www.thearcsolano.orgPosted Image

#55 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

I so wish that I could stack the ten dollar bonus and the two games on the list for like a Gears pre-order, that'd be sweeter than pie. Considering I have Fallout 3 and Fable 2, and Far Cry 2 already.

#56 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:23 AM

That is only if it has been opened. You may return a sealed game within 30 days for a refund.

Though YMMV on getting cash back like it was mentioned. Since it was a trade in promo, you likely will just get credit back. Or perhaps a combo if you paid the 20 or so you owed in cash.

#57 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:25 AM

I so wish that I could stack the ten dollar bonus and the two games on the list for like a Gears pre-order, that'd be sweeter than pie. Considering I have Fallout 3 and Fable 2, and Far Cry 2 already.

Yea, no chance on stacking the $10 promo with this, but you should be able to pick a game from the list, keep it until Gears 2 comes out, then exchange it. As long as you don't open it that is.

#58 YoUnGKiLlAh

YoUnGKiLlAh

Gamer4Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

Yea, no chance on stacking the $10 promo with this, but you should be able to pick a game from the list, keep it until Gears 2 comes out, then exchange it. As long as you don't open it that is.

I might actually do that to get call of duty 5

#59 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:22 AM

I thought they said in this topic that their return policy on new games is that they are exchanged for the same one.

#60 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Lamestop is such a rip off.....I never trade in games with them. They bend you over and you know the rest.