Siren: Blood Curse - all (12) Episodes $29.99 at PSN [ends 11/6]

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:16 AM

Only way I can get Siren besides pay an obscene almost-$50-price at Playasia, & my Mastercard debit card won't get accepted by PSN. Called Sony twice, only advice they gave me was to put my name & address in capitals which obviously didn't work. Asked to just add my card through them instead of dealing with PSN's bullshit, no luck.

Missing on a probably great game because of some "security issues" =\...

#32 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

Depends on your state. Blockbuster charged me sales tax on the PSN card, but according to my state it is a giftcard and giftcards are NON-TAXABLE in my state. You can only be charged sales tax when you use giftcards. I'm currently in a battle with Blockbuster and I've given them until Tuesday for someone to respond to me. If they don't give me a response I'm filing an official fraudulent business practices complaint with my state's revenue office.

i believe I got charged tax when I bought mine, wisconsin, I'll have to see what our laws say. good luck!!!

#33 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

Only way I can get Siren besides pay an obscene almost-$50-price at Playasia, & my Mastercard debit card won't get accepted by PSN. Called Sony twice, only advice they gave me was to put my name & address in capitals which obviously didn't work. Asked to just add my card through them instead of dealing with PSN's bullshit, no luck.

same bullshit they gave me...or "try entering your street address without the 'rd.' " charged my card $1 everytime it tried. -$8 in all trying all their suggestions to no avail. Then they said I have to take the $8 issue up with my bank. pissed me off. Got a new visa and it works fine.

I suggest just gettin two $20 cards from blockbuster. you'll find something for $10 on there eventually you'll want

#34 harvestry_of_ghosts

harvestry_of_ghosts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

The Asian Blu-Ray is the only way to go with this game, not only because it has selectable Japanese/English subs/voices... but because it is NOT censored like the North American version on PSN!!!

Yes, the PSN version is censored.

#35 Whitefeet

Whitefeet

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:27 AM

One suggestion, try entering your information the EXACT way it appears on your billing statement (ie, if on the billing statement it has street and apartment number on one line, it needs to all go in the first line of the form - or capitals, etc.)

I had the same issues, and that eventually worked for me

#36 jug_head_4ever

jug_head_4ever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:50 AM

I wants it on Blu Ray Disc instead download version. I really like the game put no go for me unless they release on the Disc.

You Sir...have an interesting style of putting things.
And I have a feeling its only when you use English
(No offense...just fooling around)

On topic...I was charged tax at BB for the card but not at PSN itself

#37 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

The Asian Blu-Ray is the only way to go with this game, not only because it has selectable Japanese/English subs/voices... but because it is NOT censored like the North American version on PSN!!!

...Seriously? How much censoring?

#38 oldboy

oldboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

can we stop talking about importing, DLC, Blue-Ray copies, etc?

talk about the game... jeebuz. Anyone play the game and dissatisfied? How is it. I'm wondering if this is going to be an short game... 20hours or so.

#39 harvestry_of_ghosts

harvestry_of_ghosts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

...Seriously? How much censoring?

Violent scenes, blood, exploding heads,... that sort of stuff, lol. There's some comparison movies on YouTube I believe.

#40 mrg

mrg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

First off, 20 hours or so is looong by today's gaming standards. 6-8 is considered short. But like you I too would like to know, from those who played it all the way through, is it worth even the lowered $29.99 price. If so-so and less than 10 hours, then I can pass til $19.99. Way too many games out now to fret over this right now otherwise. If this were Feb and nothing good was coming out for 3-4 months, then yeah maybe.
Gaming is a great stress reliever. It better be for all the darn frustration it creates.

#41 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

Yawn...if you think someone pointing out another viewpoint automatically makes you an idiot...you've got issues... but suggesting that my comment was "e-dick jousting" just clearly points that you are an idiot not worth anyone's attention or consideration

And wow, I made my point in just two lines without getting all narcissistic as well.

You didn't present another viewpoint. In your post, you dismissed others' ideas as garbage and inserted your idea as the only correct one. At the end of your post, you pointed out any idea aligned differently from your own was whining or complaining about the issue of poor DLC pricing policy. I don't see how that is presenting a viewpoint.

Now, you ran out of ideas, so you had to resort to "name-calling" and deflecting your lack of understanding, education and intellect away from yourself.

It's pitifully obvious your some hack who took Economics in high school, so you have no concept of how real world economics or finance works.

Just put me on your ignore list, I'll put you on mine and then neither of us have to speak to each other ever again.

First off, 20 hours or so is looong by today's gaming standards. 6-8 is considered short. But like you I too would like to know, from those who played it all the way through, is it worth even the lowered $29.99 price. If so-so and less than 10 hours, then I can pass til $19.99. Way too many games out now to fret over this right now otherwise. If this were Feb and nothing good was coming out for 3-4 months, then yeah maybe.

Game length is roughly a half hour each episode. So, the game is short.

From the GS review: "However, those of you who really want to get to the bottom of the story will find some replay value in going back to find each of the game's 50 archive items, each of which sheds a bit of light on the village, the characters, or the events of the game."

I'm going to hold out for a better price, but the censorship issue is lame.

Edited by opportunity777, 01 November 2008 - 01:44 PM.

#42 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Violent scenes, blood, exploding heads,... that sort of stuff, lol. There's some comparison movies on YouTube I believe.

Kinda weird the US version is censored but say no more, importing the Asian version from PlayAsia....that isn't censored, is it? Asian version, not Japanese.

#43 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

Kinda weird the US version is censored but say no more, importing the Asian version from PlayAsia....that isn't censored, is it? Asian version, not Japanese.

According to harvestry, the Asian version is not censored at all.

Stolen from Eurogamer.net forums

"Okay my Blu-ray copy of the Asian version finally turned up.

I can confirm there is a compulsory install of 5100MB. If your PS3 is set with English as your main language it automatically switches to English, you'll never see a single Chinese or Japanese menu.

The game comes with fairly thick lavishly illustrated manual which looks lovely but seems to be Chinese throughout, there is an additional English insert though which explains controls etc. for the baffled. Useless fact: The Asian version appears to be the only version which doesn't carry an age rating." - Cappy

#44 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

I never played the Siren's on PS2. 1 is cheap to get and came out in U.S., but 2 never came out in U.S. Does part 2 on PS2 have english in any way, shape or form? I'm an all or nothing type guy, I wouldn't just want the downloadable episodes I want the entire series or nothing.

#45 stimutax

stimutax

I speel my drink!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

I'm a survival horror nut, but I found the controls for the first Siren unwieldy and couldn't take more than an hour of it. The sequel seems to have fixed this problem and I'm awfully tempted at $30...

#46 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

I never played the Siren's on PS2. 1 is cheap to get and came out in U.S., but 2 never came out in U.S. Does part 2 on PS2 have english in any way, shape or form? I'm an all or nothing type guy, I wouldn't just want the downloadable episodes I want the entire series or nothing.

Siren 2 came out in Europe. I'm sure it has English.

#47 harvestry_of_ghosts

harvestry_of_ghosts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

Forbidden Siren 2 = PAL = English Only
Siren 2 = NTSC/J = Japanese Only

The way I was able to play the English version on an NTSC console was by connecting it to my pc via tv tuner card. Patching the game with a PAL2NTSC patcher doesn't work as it freezes on cut scenes.

The first game was also censored in the US, but only in the fact that they changed the ages of children from 14 to 17 I believe.

#48 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:32 AM

WTF it says $39.99
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#49 Dustin Echoes

Dustin Echoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

WTF it says $39.99

Today is 11/7. It expired 11/6.
Master Chief: Did anyone else make it?

Cortana: Scanning...just Dustin Echoes...

#50 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

lol