Target / CC / Best Buy Video Game Prices: November 9 - November 15, 2008

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#151 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

Picked up I AM LEGEND and 300 BR's plus the PS3 remote for $35 total.

The two BR's were $19.99 each but for some reason both rang up as a package for $17.50 each, and the remote rang up $0 automatically.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#152 speedy1961

speedy1961

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

Picked up I AM LEGEND and 300 BR's plus the PS3 remote for $35 total.

The two BR's were $19.99 each but for some reason both rang up as a package for $17.50 each, and the remote rang up $0 automatically.

Holy crap! That's great!
Posted Image

#153 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

So Ninjatown's listed at $20 in this thread but I checked circuit city's website and it's still $30.

#154 evilwrath666

evilwrath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Gratz! My local BBs always call the competing store for PMs...sigh. :/

Seems like it will be tough to get in on some of these deals because CC really is getting denied shipments due to their financial situation.

They called CC when I was at BB to check the price, though I still ended up getting it price matched

#155 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

I had hoped that you would manage to get in on this game deal.:applause:

Reports of it being OOS at CC until this Thursday didn't give me a lot of hope, though I think the holiday season will get people thinking less through the whole process of calling, due to increasing customer foot traffic.

Gratz! My local BBs always call the competing store for PMs...sigh. :/

Seems like it will be tough to get in on some of these deals because CC really is getting denied shipments due to their financial situation.

You might be able to pull it off Thursday afternoon and into Frday and Saturday, if they get it in-stock like they're claiming.

I'm starting to count on CC PM's less and less as their financial woes go along.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 November 2008 - 09:49 PM.

#156 Gargamel444

Gargamel444

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Circuit City today had a sign up about corrections to the ad in the video game section. I only paid attention to the part that said Valkyria Chronicles would NOT be carried by them. I'm a bit annoyed as I had gone in Sunday to pick it up and an employee told me that they do no to rain checks but if I brought the ad in at any date when they did have it in, they would honor the price. I guess we'll have to see.

#157 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

I pulled down the ad scan listed on the SD link, and it specifically says that the PS3 version of EndWar in the ad does include the headset. Pic does show the "standard" version. I'll have to try and PM it at BB and see what I can pull off. I think it trades in for $25 at EB, so it would be a nice way to get the cost of the headset down to something reasonable.

Circuit City today had a sign up about corrections to the ad in the video game section. I only paid attention to the part that said Valkyria Chronicles would NOT be carried by them. I'm a bit annoyed as I had gone in Sunday to pick it up and an employee told me that they do no to rain checks but if I brought the ad in at any date when they did have it in, they would honor the price. I guess we'll have to see.

So, did it say they wouldn't carry it ever, or just not in the timeframe of this ad, which starts on the 9th and goes to the 15th?

#158 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

My wife stopped at the Christiana, DE CC store today to take a look at the Mirror's Edge art book, and was told that they didn't have the game at all and seemingly weren't going to either, apparently due to the suppliers cutting them off because of the credit issues. The guy seemed to think this was the case for all three DE stores, none of which were on the store closing list (although I hear the Dover store is, in fact, closing).

I thought with the recent cash infusion and mass layoffs these supplier cutoff rumors were just that, but it seems CC is having more problems by the day.

#159 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

got to love how you can combine deals

Picked up

3 pokemon ranger 2 shadow of ???
1 kirby superstar

the 2 for 40s for 4 for 80

picked up 2 hail to the chimp for ps3

and 1 animal doctor that was on sale for 9.99 this week for the ds

then i used a coupon i got in the mail 15 bucks off 100

total for all of the games 99.86 after tax

sold one of the pokemon games for 26.00 shipped

total 74.00 out of pocket

dumpped off both hail to the chimps to blockbuster for 40 credit

Total out of pocket now 34.00 and still have 2 pokemon games kirby and animal doc.

will either sell off another pokemon on ebay or just return it and kirby

If return i will get 34.00 credit

So total out pocket if return games 0.00 and still have 1 pokemon ranger 2 and animal doctor

if sell on ebay for 26.00 + 17 for returning kirby = 43 bucks - 34

SO IF I return 2 games I will get Pokemon ranger 2 + animal doctor FREE

IF i can sell 1 game on ebay and return 1. I will get Pokemon ranger 2 + animal doctor + 9 bucks FREE

got to love combining coupons
WOOOO I STINK

#160 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

So this is why the 2 CC's I went to both said they didn't have it....I wonder if I can still price match at BB....
Posted Image

#161 siddiqi

siddiqi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

So this is why the 2 CC's I went to both said they didn't have it....I wonder if I can still price match at BB....

I went to my local Walmart and was able to price match there, they didn't bother calling or anything.

#162 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Alot of nice deals, not many of them are awesome enough to pull me in yet.

Thanks Speedy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#163 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:11 AM

Ugh.

My Circuit City has WWE Smackdown in stock, but refuses to sell it until 11/11/08 due to a glitch in their system. I'm thinking of emailing some higher up's on this one, like this guy did with Guitar Hero World Tour, but I'd like to wait until after I speak with a supervisor or district manager:

http://consumerist.c...-you-to-go-away

Good to know there is at least one CC out there that has Smackdown in stock. I went in to get it Monday morning. Not there. I went in late Monday night. Not there. I called twice today. Not there. :bomb: Plus it says "coming soon" on the CC website which was making me wonder if they would ever get it in.

Has anyone else seen Smackdown at CC?
I'll be pissed if they don't get it. I bought R2 and Gears of War 2 last week after asking the manager if I could apply the cost of those two games and Smackdown whenever it comes in to the $150 minimum needed to use a $20 off coupon. So if it doesn't come in, I'm out a $10 gift card and a $20 coupon.

Has anyone else seen Smackdown at CC this week?

#164 rolliauctions

rolliauctions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

Good to know there is at least one CC out there that has Smackdown in stock. I went in to get it Monday morning. Not there. I went in late Monday night. Not there. I called twice today. Not there. :bomb: Plus it says "coming soon" on the CC website which was making me wonder if they would ever get it in.

Has anyone else seen Smackdown at CC?
I'll be pissed if they don't get it. I bought R2 and Gears of War 2 last week after asking the manager if I could apply the cost of those two games and Smackdown whenever it comes in to the $150 minimum needed to use a $20 off coupon. So if it doesn't come in, I'm out a $10 gift card and a $20 coupon.

Has anyone else seen Smackdown at CC this week?

I went to 2 different CC looking for Smackdown with no luck. I'm in the same boat.

#165 MistWraith

MistWraith

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:12 AM

anyone know if the TRU 50% off this fri/sat includes controllers? in know retails definition of accesories varies when it suits their mood. thanks.

#166 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

Fuck yes. Got me some Facebreaker 360 with $30 and a $10 gift card. Been waiting forever for this drop.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#167 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

Smackdown is still out of stock for all systems online and my CC still didn't have it as of this morning. Anyone happen to find it in store?

#168 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:13 AM

Smackdown is still out of stock for all systems online and my CC still didn't have it as of this morning. Anyone happen to find it in store?

I gave up on Valkyria Chronicles and ordered it from Amazon.com instead. Also tried to get my $15 off $100 coupon to work at CC.com and it said it wouldn't work. I read the fine print and it said it's no good on game software (and about 10,000 other things).

I hate Circuit City. Their weekly deals rock, but good luck getting any of the damn things.

I'm glad they went bankrupt. Heh. Wow, I'm vitriolic. Don't toy with a cheap ass! Bargain cock teasers.

I did grab Folklore (PS3) for $30, though. I was really happy to get that. Been waiting for a drop forever, and it's still full price elsewhere. I wanted to get Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds as well, but it was out of stock, and now it's missing from their crap website entirely, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Grr.

Sorry for the angry tone of this post! Just been waiting all week for Hot Shots and Valkyria to come back up, and they never did. Equals RAGE. Bam, kicking stuff.

Also, I swear I saw someone on here talking about Facebreaker. Am I wrong? It's probably none of my business, but I hope I catch them before they buy it (at any price). Please, for all that is holy, play the demo first and make sure you like it. I'm not going to insult your taste by saying it "sucks" or anything, but.............. well..... :)

#169 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

Also, I swear I saw someone on here talking about Facebreaker. Am I wrong? It's probably none of my business, but I hope I catch them before they buy it (at any price). Please, for all that is holy, play the demo first and make sure you like it. I'm not going to insult your taste by saying it "sucks" or anything, but.............. well..... :)

I did play the demo and I really liked it. The game is very, very difficult to figure out because they didn't include a proper tutorial in it... but if you play it like the unholy half-breed of puzzler/fighter, you'll find an EXTREMELY challenging and highly rewarding game.

Note: I have also played the FULL game and still really like it. The multiplayer is kinda crap though, but the singleplayer is a blast IF you can figure out what they are expecting of you.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#170 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:39 AM

I went in to Circuit City today looking for Smackdown again. They didn't have it but the manager said they may have received only few copies and sold out quickly. I think there was a regional manager or someone there (didn't recognize him) who mentioned they had the same situation at another store about an hour away where they only recieved a handful of copies.

There was also a correction posted saying that due to shipping problems they didn't receive Mirror's Edge along with two other games I can't remember, so I'm guessing they did get Smackdown in, but in pretty limited numbers since it wasn't on that correction paper.

So, since I was told I could use my $20 of $150 coupon for a third game if I showed them my receipt for Gears and R2 from last week, I decided to just get World at War since that also came with a gift card and then just get Smackdown elsewhere.

Luckily, this was one of those coupons that came in the packet CC sent out to credit card holders. It was the one good for either $10 off $75+, $20 of $150+, $35 off $350, or $150 off $1500 that was only supposed to be used once. Instead of taking it away, the manager just crossed out the barcode for the $20 off option and said I could one of the other options some other time. Since the coupon was going to expire in a few days and since the free gift card with Smackdown ends today, he said I could use the coupon and and get the gift card whenever the game comes in.

It sucks that CC is in the toilet right now. My store has some of the most helpful employees I've ever had to deal with.

#171 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

I did play the demo and I really liked it. The game is very, very difficult to figure out because they didn't include a proper tutorial in it... but if you play it like the unholy half-breed of puzzler/fighter, you'll find an EXTREMELY challenging and highly rewarding game.

Note: I have also played the FULL game and still really like it. The multiplayer is kinda crap though, but the singleplayer is a blast IF you can figure out what they are expecting of you.

Okay, good enough! You know what you're getting into. It sounds like you really appreciate the game for what it is. You have my permission. :)