Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Tiered Trade Offer 3,4,5 games for 10%,20%,30% bonus. Ends 1/4/09.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1718 replies to this topic

#1621 Krams706

Krams706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

12/30/2008:

COD4
GTA IV
Madden 09
Fable II

Total, with Edge card, of about $90.
Posted Image

#1622 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

I braved GS today. Incredibly busy, and smelled off a combination of BO, Urine, and Crayons. The two skater kids in front of me had that greasy hair look one can only obtain after a good 4 day absence of bathing.

I dread that store during this time of year.

Here's the base trade-in values I got:

GC

Mario Party 7 (Never used, including Mic) 9.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 6.25
Resident Evil CV: 8.75

Xbox

Karaoke Revolution 0.85
Conker: Live and Reloaded 6.25

#1623 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

call the GS where I took Mario Tennis and they pretty much said trade values change all the time...So maybe I'll take my receipt in and raise hell or I'll just let it go.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1624 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

I think I'll trade in Saints Row 2, Gears of War, and maybe FF III and try to pay for most of Left 4 Dead

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#1625 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

TIV changes

:ps2:

God of War 2 $8.50
Spartan Total Warrior $8

:gc:

Fire Emblem POR $10.25
Mario Party 7 $8.75
Paper Mario $6.50
Starfox Assault $6.50

:xbox:

SW Jedi Academy $10
SW Battlefront 2 $8.50

#1626 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

call the GS where I took Mario Tennis and they pretty much said trade values change all the time...So maybe I'll take my receipt in and raise hell or I'll just let it go.

Thats B.S. and while it is true that values can change all the time, they do not go down $3 to $5 and then go back up $3 to $5 a day or two later !!

Let me help out for you bro. Your receipt shows a product number next to your alleged "Mario Tennis" trade in receipt. It should start with "916XXX". (since it is Gamecube) Make sure you have that part number or "game number" first. It is printed on you trade receipt right below the game title.

Then, call the local GS and ask them the current TIV for Mario Tennis (for the Gamecube version that is) and see what they tell you. Next, ask them for the game title part number so that you can match it to the game title product number on your receipt to make sure the associate MANUALLY looked up the RIGHT part number for the RIGHT game.

Again, I am very certain they put in the wrong game MANUALLY when they took your trade in which is why you got only $3.xx instead of $9.xx

For example, Mario Tennis for the GBA only has a TIV of $3.50 and is part #914897 where the 914 part number indicates GBA.

So without further ado and to help out other CAGS far and wide, I proudly present your key to interpreting your Gamestop trade in receipts to make sure you got proper credit for the right game on the right game system.This will also help you identify which system the game was for when you post your values to this thread.

THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:xbox:=950xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:gba:=914xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx

Enjoy ! ;)

JP, Feel free to add this to the OP if you like ! :D Its like a GS used TIV receipt decoder ring ! :lol:

Edited by Xfactor4, 03 January 2009 - 06:31 PM.
ADDED GBA TIV PRODUCT CODE KEY

#1627 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

Actually Xfactor you are right I did get the trade in value for Mario Tennis for the GBA part # 914897, I'm going to bitch and complain to them big time until I get what I want.

CAG TradeList

#1628 io

io

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Heard an interesting bit of news today at GS. I was trading some HWV stuff (along with GTA IV) and the clerk informed me that if I have any other Xbox games to trade in I should do it soon because [highlight]as of Feb 9th, 2009 they will no longer be taking Xbox games in for trade![/highlight]

JP - you probably ought to add that to the Xbox section in the OP.

My trades (1/2/09):

Mario Superstar Baseball - $7.25
Pokemon XD - $7.25
Super Mario Strikers - $7

:xbox:
Star Wars Battlefront II - $8.50 (down 25 cents, but not bad considering the Xbox trade-in news)

:360:
GTA IV - $9

:ps3:
GTA IV - $11

The GC games and Xbox game weren't in the best shape and I didn't have time to get them buffed when I bought them at HWV the other day. I really thought I might get nailed on the GC games but, no, it was Star Wars BF II that got hammered for a $3 refurb fee. He really looked over the GC games, though, and I think wanted to hit those too, but thought one was enough. And he was up front about it, so it isn't too bad. I really didn't have time before the tiered offer ends to try getting them buffed or trade them at another GS - so yeah,. I lost $3 but it saved me a lot of hassle to just get rid of them now.

Oh yeah, I also did a Wii set when I purchased the only used Persona 4 in the entire metro area with the 25% off coupon ;):

:wii:
Alien Syndrome - $4
Battle of the Bands - $5
Dragon Ball Z BT 3 - $5 (down $1)
MLB 2K8 - $8
SSX Blur - $5 (down $1 from the old undated quote in the OP)

Edited by io, 03 January 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#1629 akiefer

akiefer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

PS3 Genji $5 (-$1)

#1630 asgaga

asgaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Mario Kart Double 10.25

Pikmin 6.50

Final Fantasy crystal 2.00

Baten Kaitos origin. 3.25

Resident evil 4 3.00

Baten Kaitos 2.50

legend of zelda 6.25

teles of symphonia 8.00

super smash bros. 6.25

mario tennis 9.50

soul calibur 2 2.75

:ps3:

wwe smackdown vs raw 2009 23.00

:wii:

dokapon kingdom 8.00

did this on 1/02/09 so recent prices.

#1631 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Fully updated and added the notes from bezerker, io, and Xfactor.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1632 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Some random trade-ins 1/3/09

DS:
Luminous Arc - $7

PS2:
Neo Contra - $1.50
Burnout Revenge - $4
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai - $0.95
Virtua Fighter 4 - $1
Hot Shots Golf 3 - $2

GBA
Super Robot Taisen 1 - $2.25

With EDGE etc - total of $26.18 credit.

#1633 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

Went to Gamestop the other day to trade. Hadn't been there in a while. I will say that their trade prices really suck. I traded a basically new Rock Band guitar & mic, Orange box, and Rock Band 2 game and got about $42 in store credit before my edge card. They have always been bad for trading, but it seems like they offer pawn shop prices now. There's something wrong when I have to trade in about 6 current gen games to get a new one (thats already been opened, but sold as new).

#1634 dinobot

dinobot

Chicken Necker?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

w00t! trade 3 current gen for extra 15 is back!

just what i needed!

#1635 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Just one quote for today:

Cars Maternational (PS3): $8

538822.png

#1636 greendayrulestce

greendayrulestce

Gayness rules don't fit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Is the trade 3 get 15 bucks deal for real? I want to trade Monster Madness, Perfect Dark Zero, and maybe Assassin's Creed or something else.

#1637 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Didnt see these listed. Anyone know the trade in Value of Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction xbox and Fight Night Round 3 ps2?

Anyone know the trade in value of a pelican xbox wireless controller and a xbox pelican rf adapter as well?

Edited by kube00, 03 January 2009 - 10:16 PM.

CAG TradeList

#1638 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Awesome. In 2 days, I'll be making even more cred from GS.

Today I should unload some ds games. Thanks op (and various "sources").

#1639 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

Didnt see these listed. Anyone know the trade in Value of Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction xbox and Fight Night Round 3 ps2?

Anyone know the trade in value of a crummy third part xbox wireless controller as well?

Hulk Ultimate Destruction :xbox: is $3
Fight Night Round 3 :ps2: is $7.25

Nice to have friends I can call at Gamestop. :D

P.S. JP, please check your pm inbox.

#1640 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

Went to Gamestop the other day to trade. Hadn't been there in a while. I will say that their trade prices really suck. I traded a basically new Rock Band guitar & mic, Orange box, and Rock Band 2 game and got about $42 in store credit before my edge card. They have always been bad for trading, but it seems like they offer pawn shop prices now. There's something wrong when I have to trade in about 6 current gen games to get a new one (thats already been opened, but sold as new).

I don't mean to belabor this point, but it seems as though them giving us pawn shop prices makes a lot of sense, since in most states they have to be registered pawn shops in order to buy and sell used games.

#1641 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Anyone know the trade in value of tales of phantasia for GBA?

#1642 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

1) You traded in stuff they have an abundance of. Guitars and mics are everywhere. Orange Box is pretty old now and goes for cheap ($18) used. And Rock Band 2 is just like the instruments. There are copies everywhere. You were better off selling that stuff yourself. I would have thrown it up on Craigslist for an inflated price.

2) Who told you to buy the opened copy they had? I would have balked. That was your own decision.

#1643 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

I'm an amateur HWV to GS flipper (tomorrow will be my first, got to get in during this 40% bonus :P).
Does GameStop really take off for no case? Or do they happily accept HWV cases?..
edit: Also, are refurb fees really applicable when HWV cleans them beforehand?

#1644 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

I'm an amateur HWV to GS flipper (tomorrow will be my first, got to get in during this 40% bonus :P).
Does GameStop really take off for no case? Or do they happily accept HWV cases?..
edit: Also, are refurb fees really applicable when HWV cleans them beforehand?

Most stores will only refurb the game for large scratches. I was told yesterday at one store that they will refurb games without original artwork, so I asked for my games back and left and traded them at the next store with no problems. When I told the second store that, they were more than happy to do my trade.

#1645 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Most stores will only refurb the game for large scratches. I was told yesterday at one store that they will refurb games without original artwork, so I asked for my games back and left and traded them at the next store with no problems. When I told the second store that, they were more than happy to do my trade.

Thanks, that's good to know.
Also, in attempt to use the 40% stack with Edge trade in deal, do I have to bring in a printed .pdf that claims this deal is going on? Or will most GameStops already be advertising about this? I ask because I see nothing about it in my e-mail which is subscribed to the GameStop Newsletter.

I am eagerly awaiting my first flip to GameStop :)

#1646 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

it should go on automatically.
Spoiler

#1647 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Xfactor you were right about my Mario Tennis I went in and got my credit back as well as offloaded a few more ps2 games and xbox game from HVW
I got .27 for an xbox rf adapter and 5.23 for an wireless pelican xbox controller, but with my games I got $90.57 in credit bringing my total up to $540 for $140 spent.

CAG TradeList

#1648 greendayrulestce

greendayrulestce

Gayness rules don't fit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

I went to Gamestop, I know at a few are already posted, but maybe I can contribute to what I got and add to the trade in list. All amounts are before bonus promotion or EDGE.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 2.00 Gamecube (Got for free)

Pac-man World 2 2.00 Gamecube

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex 3.50 Gamecube (got for free)

Evolution Worlds 1.00 Gamecube (Got for Free)

Splinter Cell: Double Agent 2.75 Original Xbox

Evergrace .50 PS2 (Got for Free)

Halo 2 4.25 Original Xbox

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind 2.00 Original Xbox

Fable: The Lost Chapters 6.00 Original Xbox (Just says Fable, but seeing as how I paid 10 dollars for this game and it being 8.40 after bonuses, I couldn't argue with that, well I could, but didn't care.)

Also tried to trade in Orphen, but had several scratches (bought it used cheap), he said it was only 70 cents, and not enough to make a trade. Anyway, pretty sure it was w/ the bonuses, seeing the price of Evergrace anyway.

In total I got 33.60, depending whether or not the 15 buck bonus for current gen trades is true, I will either be getting Twilight Princess w/ coupon (GC version), or something newer.

On another note, just ordered Oblivion (GOTY) Edition used on their site (no new online), and Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (traded a gift card to Wal-mart with my mom (from returns), lost about 5 bucks, but I don't have to spend my money at overpriced Wal-mart, even though I still have a seperate one that has 34 bucks on it! (Might just buy points cards). You guys know any good price Wal-mart games? (For 360), or last generation Xbox or Gamecube games.

#1649 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

Final Trades: 1/3/09

DS:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - $7
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow- $6
Front Mission DS - $5
Puzzle Quest - $5

PS2
Onimusha 3 - $1.75

Total with EDGE etc - $34.65

#1650 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

it should go on automatically.

Thank you. Also, does GameStop take off if you don't have a case? Essentially what I'm asking is will they be pissed if I bring games in a Hollywood Video case or would I be better bringing the disk only.