Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Tiered Trade Offer 3,4,5 games for 10%,20%,30% bonus. Ends 1/4/09.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1718 replies to this topic

#211 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

Here's some TIVs I got using this promo, I'll post PROMO TIV only.

xbox
Star Wars KoToR 2 - 11.20
GTA:SA - 16.45

ps2
Wall-E - 9.45
Manhunt 2 - 5.25
Hot Wheels: Beat That - 12.60
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 10.07
Guitar Hero 3 - 13.85
.hack//GU (spare copy) - 11.70
Fatal Frame 2 (game only) - 19.50
Baldur's Gate: DA2 - 23.45
Warriors Orochi - 8.05
Incredible Hulk - 10.85
Kung Fu Panda - 16.45

GC
Pokemon XD - 9.75 (wish I had kept it, now that I realize I didnt have my own copy)
Mario Party 5 - 13.65

Non-Promo TIV (because I didn't go through, just checking)
xbox - Elder Scrolls 3 GOTY - 4.75
JK: Jedi Academy - 13.75
Sid Meier's Pirates - 1.00 (weird since it is a high cost game at GS still)

ps2 - Indigo Prophecy - 2.00

#212 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

Wait, someone mentioned something about 'bad copies of GTA:SA.' Is Gamestop checking the serial number on the disks before taking them for the old Hot Coffee ones? Because while they tried to tag on referb fees onto a lot of my stuff, it did seem odd they flat out declined GTA:SA.

#213 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Wait, someone mentioned something about 'bad copies of GTA:SA.' Is Gamestop checking the serial number on the disks before taking them for the old Hot Coffee ones? Because while they tried to tag on referb fees onto a lot of my stuff, it did seem odd they flat out declined GTA:SA.

Apparently, they don't want to take in the Hot Coffee copies anymore, but yet I've seen copies of BMX XXX and The Guy Game sitting on the shelves recently.

So apparently, Gamestop's policy is that digitized boobs/simu-sex are a no-no, while real boobs in both BMX XXX and The Guy Game are ok.

It makes no sense to me either.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#214 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

Quick question if I would have traded all 16 games at once instead of 2 trips of 11 and 5, would I have made more $$ right?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#215 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:10 AM

Quick question if I would have traded all 16 games at once instead of 2 trips of 11 and 5, would I have made more $$ right?

no

#216 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#217 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:48 AM

Ashley the automated voice from Gamestop called and said to pick up my pre order of WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 tomorrow and bring in any games i have to trade towards the purchase.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Sure, I hope she doesn't mind Hollywood Video cases.
Posted Image

#218 samunoskex

samunoskex

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Copied from the HWV Thread:

I came away with a nice size deal... I only had $30 to work with and only one local HWV (Though I'm going to hit up the Movie Gallery in the next day) and I came away with:

1 PS2 Fatal Flaw
1 PS2 Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
1 PS2 GrimGrimoire
1 XBOX GTA: San Andreas (PH Version)
2 XBOX Battlefiont II

Amount Spent: $29.88

Travelled a bit down the road, to the local GameStop

Traded in:

Fatal Flaw
Ratchet & Clank: SM
Battlefront II
San Andreas (Really wanted to keep it, but for the price I got in credit it was worth more to flip)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (PS2) I had that laying around (Don't have a PS2 or PS3 so of no use to me)

I had originally had two Battlefront IIs on the table for them to process for the deal, however the clerk informed me they don't take multiples of games, so... yeah. At least it works with my 360, and I've been getting a collection together finally.

Here's where the fishy part comes in: I notice that the credit is something along the lines of $63.00, which is good... but the Fatal Flaw was listed on the receipt as $7.00 trade in value (9.10 with the tiered deal) and I figured hey it was only 3.99 why complain about a profit, so I bushed it off and looked around at games for a bit. Now I'm well aware that GS lists Backwards Compatible games with (BC) and that's what helped me notice that the clerk had given me the XBOX value for the PS2 title. I went back to the clerk and mentioned it to him, and he realized his mistake, so he had to go and re-do the entire transaction, though he couldn't find the game I had just 5 minutes before traded in. Turns out they had already labelled the game as XBOX for $16.99 and the lady working there had taken the game and hid it underneath the counter, and she said "Oh, I saw it and thought it was a great price for the game, so I was going to buy it later.." After all that, I ended up getting an extra $15.00 in credit applied to my "EDGE Gift card" as I haven't gotten my EDGE Card yet. $78 in credit for $30 spent and I have to take GrimGrimoire back to HWV to get Ninja Gaiden Black, since it only netted me $4 credit at GS, and I have a copy of Battlefront II now!

Thanks to the OP for this great deal... I'm hoping to get in on some more gaming action.

#219 twinton

twinton

Bingo Bango Bongo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

Is the Platinum Hits Xbox GTA San Andreas the version that GS will accept?

I'm hoping so as I picked up 7 mint copies at 1 store tonight.

#220 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

how many are you going to trade in?

#221 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Platinum Hits is the one they turned down for me, they said they would only take Greatest Hits. Made me feel like I had something special, even though I had no console to play it in.

#222 twinton

twinton

Bingo Bango Bongo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

how many are you going to trade in?

I'll probably keep 1 and trade the other 6, assuming they'll take this version.

#223 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:52 AM

I'll probably keep 1 and trade the other 6, assuming they'll take this version.

you're not worried you'll lose your ability to trade to GS?

#224 Ronin Bahamut

Ronin Bahamut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:05 AM

Platinum Hits is the one they turned down for me, they said they would only take Greatest Hits. Made me feel like I had something special, even though I had no console to play it in.

Platinum Hits IS the Greatest Hits version as far as I was told today by all 3 of the GameStops here in California told me. I asked them just to make sure and they said it is the one they take. I still have 4 of them left so back to GameStops (same ones) tomorrow I go (so far I've traded almost 10 of these with no problem).

Quick note: make sure the disc itself says Platinum Hits on top with a white background instead of the regular Xbox with a black background. This could also be the reason why the store wouldn't take it in.

Next time you get a problem like that either go to a different GameStop and ask them which one (if there's any near you) or just call their bluff and ask them to show you the "Greatest Hits" version of the game. As far as I know, the greatest hits for Xbox has always been called platinum hits.

TIV 11/08/08 - Bay Area, CA
Wii
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - $7.75

PS2
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 - $16.75
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol - $3.75
Power Rangers Super Legends - $5.75
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - $10.50

Gamecube
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - $9.50

Xbox
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $11.75
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - $10.50
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - $7.25

Prices are before promo and Edge discounts.

Edited by Ronin Bahamut, 09 November 2008 - 06:16 AM.

"Guide hunting? I'd rather be flipping."

#225 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:12 AM

So you can trade 2 copies of a game to Gamestop. If you trade 3 what will happen. What is the penalty, complete bannage?

What happens is a button is pressed and a trapdoor opens under your feet, dropping you into a pit where you must do battle with five Gamestop employees, each more fiendish than the last, in trials of deadly combat and endurance that will push your strength to its limits.

Either that, or they won't accept more than two.

#226 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:35 AM

That is an interesting question, has Gamestop ever banned someone eventually if they keep trading in the same title? Under the "dealer" rules?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#227 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:44 AM

What happens is a button is pressed and a trapdoor opens under your feet, dropping you into a pit where you must do battle with five Gamestop employees, each more fiendish than the last, in trials of deadly combat and endurance that will push your strength to its limits.

So, in other words, you must battle Gamestop employees in shitty game duels, starting with the freshman in highschool holiday employee, onto the sophomore employee who works nights and weekends, until you reach the assistant manager who rules with an iron fist, then you make it to the store manager who keeps everyone in line, who then secretly helps you defeat the district manager who knows nothing about games.

#228 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:15 AM

Godzilla Unleashed (PS2) 7.00
Predator: Concrete Jungle (Xbox) 4.00
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#229 twinton

twinton

Bingo Bango Bongo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

Nope. The manager at my local store gave me his approval to bring in as many duplicates as I want. He said it helps his trade numbers. Plus I spend most of the credit in his store, so it helps his sales numbers too.

If they hassle you on this after providing receipts, ask them to see their corporate policy on accepting duplicate copies. From what the manager at my local store said, it specifically states that if a customer can provide receipts, then duplicates are fine. They are simply worried that if someone has too many copies of a game, that they might possibly be stolen. If you have proof that you bought them, then there should be no problems.

I think the best thing to do is be up front why you are trading multiples. If a person acts shady about it, then they are going to suspect somethings up with your trades. I've just let them know that Hollywood is having a great sale, and that I see it as a good opportunity to build up Gamestop credit so I can buy lots of Christmas presents for my son from them. They appreciate the business, and let me tell you, my son is going to have one heck of a good Christmas this year!

#230 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:44 AM

How many of the same game can you sell to Gamestop before they ban you from trading or whatever?

So you can trade 2 copies of a game to Gamestop. If you trade 3 what will happen. What is the penalty, complete bannage?

The safest way to trade multiples is to trade 1 copy per store per day. If you spread out 10 copies of the same game to 10 different GS, you'll be ok. If you trade 3 copies of the same game to the same GS on different days, you'll be ok. Personally, I have traded the same game to the same GS multiple times but I usually wait a few days between trades. It helps that I have about 12 GS not more than 10 minutes away from me.

That is an interesting question, has Gamestop ever banned someone eventually if they keep trading in the same title? Under the "dealer" rules?

The bans that have been mentioned on CAG have usually dealt with an overzealous GS store manager. I have yet to hear about a GS ban coming from corporate. If you have a high amount of credit on a single Edge card, Loss Prevention may flag you. It's best to keep your credit on seperate Edge cards (you can always ask for them to put your credit on a blank Edge card).

:lol:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#231 io

io

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

I did 11 trades today and will confirm everything in the OP and change the dates if necessary. I think everything is the same as already reported.

I did find out one new one - DDR Ultramix 2 for Xbox is just $1.50. I saw the DDR game listed as a good HWV flip and when I saw it I snagged it (it is near mint too). Turns out the one someone listed before is DDR Ultramix [highlight]4[/highlight]. Who knew there were so many? :lol: Well, I'll be returning this one unless anyone wants it. It is actually complete with original case and all that.

Also, got my GTA:SA turned down because it was the older one. What is with Hollywood selling all these "banned" copies? Shoudn't they have pulled/returned those long ago?

#232 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

I know this is the Gamestop thread, but for anyone who would like credit at a diff store, i've attached some CASH TIV's for FYE (add 25% to the values for credit, or 45% if you want to pre-order a game). There are some values that get more than what GS gives even after the bonus.

PS2
Cabela's Big Game Hunter - $9
Cabela's Monster Bass - $7
Cabela's Trophy Bucks - $8
DBZ Budokai 3 - $6
Kung Fu Panda - $10
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - $16
Lego Batman - $12.75
Lego Indy - $14
Mercenaries 2 - $16
Metal Slug Anthology - $9
Samurai Warriors 2: Empires - $7
Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends - $8
Star Wars: TFU - $16
Suikoden 5 - $11
Wild Arms 5 - $6
Yakuza 2 - $15

538822.png

#233 toocool17

toocool17

Gamer 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

I traded in a bunch of stuff, all are base value:

Nintendo Wii:
wario ware smooth moves $12.50
hooked (game only) $7.00
legend of zelda t.p. $15.25
fire emblem radiant dawn $13.25
need for speed carbon $7.00
pokemon battle revolution $15.25
mario strikers charged $12.50
super mario galaxy $14.25
super smash bros brawl $21.00
super paper mario $10.75
guitar hero III (game only) $10.00
mario party 8 $15.00
metroid prime 3 $12.50
big brain academy $8.25
sonic riders zero gravity $7.25

Xbox 360:
gears of war $10.00
saints row $4.25
call of duty 4 $21.00
bioshock $9.50
rockband (game only) $7.00
rainbow six vegas 2 $10.75

Ps2:
onimusha dawn of dreams $4.00
spartan total warrior $7.50
digimon world 4 $3.75
heroes of the pacific $6.75
final fantasy xii $4.75
dynasty warriors 5 empires $5.75
samurai warriors 2 $5.75
burnout revenge $3.25
ar tonelico $10.75
guitar hero (game only) $6.75
guitar hero III (game only) $10.50

#234 MajorG

MajorG

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

Traded in a few games in the Bridgeport WV, area:

All prices are before bonus or edge additions

GRID: 360 - $15.00

Outrun 2006 :PS2 - $.50

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: PS2 - $4.00

#235 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

Working on updating dates and values right now from the last time I updated.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#236 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

Found an untapped HWV last night.

ALL are PS2, before bonuses.
Rogue Galaxy - 4.00
Growlanser: Generations - $6.75
Lego Indiana Jones - $18.75
Magna Carta - $6.25
Incredible Hulk - $7.75
Wall-E - $6.75
MGS3s - $4.75
Tales of the Abyss - $16.75 (!)

and Baldur's Gate 2 for Xbox was $6.75.

Going back again today for the rest of the multiples. Tales of the Abyss was rocking!

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#237 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

Also, got my GTA:SA turned down because it was the older one. What is with Hollywood selling all these "banned" copies? Shoudn't they have pulled/returned those long ago?

Io, take off the cover, that should work. That is how I did mine, but yes... they should have stopped selling that and the guy game... but I guess they enjoy trafficing questionable goods.

#238 japaki

japaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

Jak and Daxter wasn't on that list, does it go for anything decent?

#239 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

absolutely not.

I got them to take the original versions of San Andreas by asking them if I would be 100% unable to find a copy for sale used on their shelves that did not say "Second Edition" on it.

After that he caved and took them in ;)

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#240 Littlefields

Littlefields

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

I still haven't cleared this up yet. Are Special Editions higher in value compared to the original? Planning on getting rid of some things.