Photo
- - - - -

CAG 2008 Presidential Exit Poll

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: What's Your Party Affiliation, And Who Did You Vote For President?

What's Your Party Affiliation, And Who Did You Vote For President?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 squid

squid

sweetdiculous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

D, Obama, Charlie Brown, no surprises. No no 8, 4. Yes on the animal cruelty measure, and yes on a high speed train. I doubt the train thing will pass, but I'd love not having to jump on a plane every other week when I work in LA.

#62 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'm pretty liberal, but I actually voted for the Republican running for Senate and the Independent running for Congress in Rhode Island because the incumbent Democrats voted for the bailout. Just like I said I would on these very forums. :D Of course, they will win in a landslide anyway because it's RI.

I like that DoK. Hold these guys responsible for their actions. Bush at the helm doesn't give these guys the right to make stupid decisions themselves.

Your thought process is similar to what happened in Pennsylvania after the hefty pay raise state lawmakers approved for themselves. Came to be know as "Bonus Gate" by the local papers.

#63 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

D, Obama, Charlie Brown, no surprises. No no 8, 4. Yes on the animal cruelty measure, and yes on a high speed train. I doubt the train thing will pass, but I'd love not having to jump on a plane every other week when I work in LA.

charlie brown!? yes on 2?! IDIOT! :bomb:

Posted Image

#64 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

I did not vote in this election due to missing the deadline to register to vote. :-(
Posted Image

#65 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Pres: Barack Obama (D)
Senate: Norm Coleman ®
House: Keith Ellison (D)
House: Ole Hovde ®
Voted for two judges - forgot their exact names and I'm not going to look up what they were. :X
No to Clean Water Act.
Yes to Increased Public School Student Funding.

#66 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

I did not vote in this election due to missing the deadline to register to vote. :-(

Jesus christ man. Is there anything in life that you don't fail at?

You talk repeatedly about how your excited to vote in Indiana for once and you miss the deadline?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#67 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

So when do we start getting results? I knew the results for all but 1-or-2 ridings during the last Canadian election before I went to bed on election day. What's the normal time this shit starts popping up?

Posted Image

#68 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

So when do we start getting results? I knew the results for all but 1-or-2 ridings during the last Canadian election before I went to bed on election day. What's the normal time this shit starts popping up?

Earliest poll closings are at 7pm EST (assuming they don't get extended). After that time they'll start talking exit poll trends etc. in states as they close and results will start rolling in 9, 10, 11pm EST (can't remember when they called the first state in 2004).

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#69 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

Jesus christ man. Is there anything in life that you don't fail at?

You talk repeatedly about how your excited to vote in Indiana for once and you miss the deadline?

The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation. Now I have it thankfully). Normally I don't bother to vote in Indiana because the election goes HEAVY republican (Bush won in 2004 by around 20 percentage points here). By the time it got closer, I missed the chance to register. If I could go back in time I would have.

If the election was popular vote, you better bet I'd be voting (Gore won the popular vote in 2000, yet he lost the election, which still makes me upset to this day, and has discouraged SOME democrats in my state from voting).
Posted Image

#70 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

For some reason, I knew thrustbucket was a Ron Paul supporter. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I wouldn't really say I am a supporter. Certainly not a Ron Paul activist or nut like you see hanging banners around. I actually have been waffling between writing in Ron Paul or voting for Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr up until today.

I guess you could say the only thing I strongly support, is getting away from the corrupt pretend 2 party system.

#71 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation..

Took me all of 30 seconds to google, and find a registration form you could have printed out and mailed in.

http://www.in.gov/so.../pdfs/50504.pdf

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#72 SoonerMatt

SoonerMatt

Bassist in a lab coat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

President: Democrat: Obama.
U.S. Senator, TX: Richard Noriega (D)
U.S. Representative, TX (District 7): Michael Skelly (D)
TX State Board of Education, District 7: Laura Ewing (D)

I guess because I'm still technically a "newbie" I can't actually vote in the poll, though.

Main issues: Education, agricultural reform, NSF/medical/scientific funding, civil rights, and veteran affairs. In other words, with the exception of civil/gay rights, the issues most of you ignored :bomb:
Posted Image
By the time I asked her the earth fell off the tongue

#73 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Noriega?

Man, I thought Obama had a rough last name for politics...

Posted Image

#74 SoonerMatt

SoonerMatt

Bassist in a lab coat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

And to make matters worse this is in Texas. I don't know why I even bothered voting blue :lol:

BTW, I know it says I'm in Norman but I'm Texas resident/OU student, so I voted two weeks ago via absentee ballot.
Posted Image
By the time I asked her the earth fell off the tongue

#75 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

I don't have a political affiliation and I voted for Obama.
Posted Image

#76 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

The deadline was October 6th (and that was a day too I couldn't get to a place to register due to no transportation. Now I have it thankfully). Normally I don't bother to vote in Indiana because the election goes HEAVY republican (Bush won in 2004 by around 20 percentage points here). By the time it got closer, I missed the chance to register. If I could go back in time I would have.

If the election was popular vote, you better bet I'd be voting (Gore won the popular vote in 2000, yet he lost the election, which still makes me upset to this day, and has discouraged SOME democrats in my state from voting).

I think Indiana is one of the Swing States this year, player

#77 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

You fail. You fail so very, very much. You do know you don't have to register to vote in person, and can mail in a registration form, don't you?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#78 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

I'M BLAMING YOU IF OBAMA DOESN'T WIN THE PRESIDENCY, TMK. AND YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND BACK THAT CECIL HARVEY FIGURINE.

Son of a bitch.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#79 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

Why do you hate America, Mana?

#80 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

This is typical exit poll results. This reflects the 2004 election exit poll perfectly and we know how that ended.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#81 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

This is typical exit poll results. This reflects the 2004 election exit poll perfectly and we know how that ended.

Major election shenanigans + close race = exit polls don't make sense.

It's quite different this year.

#82 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

You fail. You fail so very, very much. You do know you don't have to register to vote in person, and can mail in a registration form, don't you?

To be honest I did not. I barely knew much about the voting process over the years since candidates normally ignored my state. After getting several calls by the RNC (did again today), being a swing state, and other things, I'm BEYOND upset I did not think to register back in September. I dunno if I could have because the day I found out about the last day was on Saturday evening (when Monday was the last day to register). I was thinking I had to go to the BMV or a few other locations to register. I KNOW it's a mistake I made and I will make sure I do not ever make it again.

I think Indiana is one of the Swing States this year, player

It is, and that's why I'm kicking myself now. Previously it was not a swing state.

Why do you hate America, Mana?

I definitely do not hate it (I love it). ;)

But I'll leave this thread at what I said. I understand this was a mistake, and only thing I can do is make sure to never make it again (I cannot erase the past).
Posted Image

#83 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

Democrat - Obama

My sister went Democrat - Obama and my mom voted Democrat - McCain

#84 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

Princess Leia's being hologrammed on CNN RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!

"Help me, Wolf Blitzer. You're my only hope!"
Posted Image

#85 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

TEARS.
He's winning.
HELP HELP HELP HELP

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#86 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

Seriously, what the Fuck is that shit?

I remember when Daily Show was making fun of the hilarity of how overblown all the 24 hour news networks' magical touch panels were, but this shit is OFF THE BIG ASS CHAINS.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#87 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

dude, almost no one voted for McCain

#88 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:35 AM

Hahaha! I saw that hours ago... I totally see this being spoofed on 'Best Week Ever' and 'The Soup'. :lol: