Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #139: CheapyD's (un)Sexy Adventure

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 weevles

weevles

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

I guess you taped this yesterday? Wish I could've gotten your reaction about the election results and that Obama town in Japan.

Btw, you are one sick puppy cheapy my friend... :)

#32 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Hopefully Osaka Grandma doesn't look at CAG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#33 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

Cheapy, just throwing my support behind your position that starting the business is the most challenging and demanding part. I completely agree that you are, at least to some extent, entitled to enjoy the fruits of your initial labor by having others do the grunt work. If it weren't for you, there wouldn't be grunt work to do. It's just that simple.

#34 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

I disagree, Wombat. :-( I dislike the BioShock PS3 exclusive DLC. I think it's not worth 10 bucks. It would have been nice if the DLC was more relevant to/expanded on the BioShock story.

I hope you wind up digging Fallout 3, Wombat. I think it's the Game of the Year. :mrgreen:

#35 mrn111

mrn111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

The #1 benefit to loading the games directly to the Hard Drive is now Microsoft will release more multidisk games and not be too worried about being pressed about a BLU-Ray 360. Everyone complains about swapping disks, now for 15mins of install time, play your 10-25 GB game with no delay.

I can see that happening but I feel that the disk swapping complaint is overrated. After playing through MSG4, I would gladly take a disk swap over those damn installs.

#36 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

WOO! You said the BIG ASS CHAAAAAAINNZ line lol. I also made blog post about your mention on the SR2 website.

When does he say BIG ASS CHAAAAAINZ? I love that line! :D

Loving the show so far :)

#37 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

Every now and then you wind up innocently surfing the web for some gamefly free shipping deal or looking for pictures of dudes with their heads exploding in gore......and you accidentally stumble upon...

this.

Posted Image

And your life...mostly for the worst...is forever changed!

What has been seen cannot be unseen.....
Insert clever line here......

#38 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

Listening now...

#39 n11n12

n11n12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hey Cheapy...

Just curious, what's Osaka Grandma's e-mail address?

And no, I'm not asking so I can send her pictures of her son-in-law shackled to a wall in his socks and underwear with a big goofy grin on his face, nor to remind her that her own flesh-and-blood daughter was the one with the audacity to point a camera at him.

I just wanna say "hi."

...really

#40 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

I guess the Guest Room Experience just doesn't do it for you anymore, huh Cheapy?

11317.png

#41 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

$1/costume? In my opinion they'd be better off making them free but limited edition. Like iTunes free download of the week. I'm gonna have to side with CheapyD on this one and say "no dice sony"

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#42 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Uh, are you sure Osaka Grandma can't view those pictures? I went straight to your Flickr page and didn't click on any special links and those love hotel pictures are showing up.

#43 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

I am very disappointed in your coverage of the Beatles game. I am not a major Beatles fan, but even I knew enough from overhearing the press release that Harmonix is not planning on making another RockBand style music game. ...

To defend Wombat. He never said they were making Rockband:Beatles Edition. That was just sort of a code name. Most of this is conjecture. These are the people who brought us Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, at least 4 Karaoke Revolution games and then later Rockband it's not too far a stretch to assume that the game will involve playing music in a similar fashion. I have a better chance of winning the lotto than this game not being about playing music. That doesn't mean it has to be limited to music but anyone who hears Harmonix and thinks they're making a platformer starring John Lennon and Ringo Star as P2 is being ridiculous.

You're not the first person to say "Across the Universe: The Game" as a potential basis.. but I'm not even sure what that means. I know AtU. How you gamize it in a way that's not Karaoke is beyond me.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#44 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

Every now and then you wind up innocently surfing the web for some gamefly free shipping deal or looking for pictures of dudes with their heads exploding in gore......and you accidentally stumble upon...

this.

Posted Image

Why!?

#45 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

As Timothy Leary once said..."Why Not?"

#46 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

Who wears short shorts? CheapyD wears short shorts. Also, those are some big ass chains in that picture.

#47 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

Odd thing is, if Cheapy had just hung around the lobby, I'm sure someone would have mistaken him for one of the Hotel props....

"Which room does the freakishly large gaijin come with....??"

"When Pleasure Thoughts embrace
You must melancholy you inner feelings
To be taken brutality
in the arms of the skyscraper albino"

#48 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:30 AM

That Flickr page is like the film "8mm" - There's some things you can't unsee . . .
Posted Image

#49 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

Cheapy's Love Hotel Wii Q3 2009
MotionPlus compatible

Wii is successful because it's unique and fun and a mainstream experience. The 360 is no substitute for anybody looking for a Wii. The 360 pricecut won't change that.

Edited by trip1eX, 06 November 2008 - 03:57 AM.

#50 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:22 AM

Good show, Wombat, and Cheapy!

Cheapy, I'm sad to see that you're interest for Little Big Planet has somewhat dimished; especially, it was you who convinced me to try the game out. I have to admit, I was skeptical about the game, but after trying it out, I have to say I love it, and the created levels have been very good. I think its just you got overhyped for LBP.

Wombat, I wish you could be in charge of Sega, they don't know you... But they NEED YOU! Sega has a lot to offer, when they became a software only company, I felt like they would become as strong as EA, they had a sports franchise(s), they had great IP(s), lots of potential. Since becoming software only, I mean, they're performance has been poor. They've managed to lose their sports franchise, Sonic IP has been diminished, and they aren't fully capitalizing on their great IPs. (i.e. Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, online co-op 2D side scrollers in HD, both with redrawn graphics) The success of Castle Crashers is the proof that Sega could do well off some beat em ups. But back to your point, Sega will cater to any and everyone, but the fans.

Sony for the holiday season I feel will do well, will they break even - NO, but you do have to stop the bleeding; Walmart has the 100 dollar gift card deal coming back, and I think that the retailers may come with some creative deals to get the PS3s to move. However, the biggest issue with the PS3 (and this is Sony's responsibility to clarify) is that 399.99 for an 80gb PS3 is not anywhere equivalent to an 199.99 360. A PS3 for 399.99 should come with some free games so it can compete with the xboxs higher end model and not with the base model.

The question that needs to be asked, for 399 whose giving the best deal? Right now I'd have to say its the 360 because it comes with two games, headset AND a bigger harddrive.
Posted Image

#51 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

Uh, are you sure Osaka Grandma can't view those pictures? I went straight to your Flickr page and didn't click on any special links and those love hotel pictures are showing up.

How did you get to my flickr page?

#52 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:08 AM

How did you get to my flickr page?

Nothing to fear, it must of saved that special code from the last time I visited your Flickr? As when I went to the Flickr page in Internet Explorer the pictures didn't show up and also when I deleted my cache in Firefox.

Just trying to watch your back. ;)

#53 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:08 AM

You can just click on the image and it takes you there, Cheapy.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#54 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:30 AM

You can just click on the image and it takes you there, Cheapy.

Right...that's ok. It's supposed to do that.

#55 Noedskou

Noedskou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

This weeks show is packed with epicness. Oh an lovely picture Cheapy xD Looks like a comfortable.. uh.. position.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Gaming Log

"I have heard of this weed you speak of" - Wombat

#56 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

In case you or Wombat haven't seen it, Jeff put up a video of the new dash over at GiantBomb: http://www.giantbomb...perience/17-88/

#57 x2k-one

x2k-one

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

cheapy, when you said that you were getting mirror's edge for ps3 just because people are getting angry just because you play the 360 most of the time i got fustrated .. big deal, for god sakes you have the system isnt that enough for the ps3 "fanboys". just play a game on any system you want. i personally own all 3 and i enjoy them without people telling me what game to play them on. first they bitch that you dont do anything and now they want you to play on a systen they want you to. whats next they decide when you are able to go to the bathroom? i know you are trying to keep your fans happy but damn.
[URL="http://imageshack.us"]Posted Image[/URL]

#58 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

Wombat, regarding the whole P.E.T.A. situation... I think it's a bit different when requesting a company like Sega to get rid of a "controversial" advertisement and having them totally re-haul a game. My point being is that it would of cost Sega a lot more to do one instead of the other. Yeah, Sega basically gave us the finger with Beast Rider, but if they really cared about the opinion of their loyal, old-school customers, they wouldn't of went in that direction to begin with.

#59 smellytim

smellytim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

wombat is right: The Beatles transcend generation differences. I am 18 and i freaking love the beatles and will definitely be buying the game day of no matter what the stupid flower guitars and shit they stick in there.

#60 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

Great show as always gentleman. Well as for some feedback on the show i gotta say im defiantly looking forward to a Beatles game seeing as my grandfather was their tailor. So i guess im sorta biased though. I would still prefer it delivered as dlc unless they do like wombat suggested and did Beatles instruments. If you actually read this feedback on next week show i will record myself eating a hat, and put the video on youtube. Have a good week guys.
Insert clever line here......