Photo
- - - - -

GoGamer Madness: Warhammer (360) $10, End War (360) $40, Spidey (360/PC) $43/$20

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Return fraud discussion isn't allowed on CAG. Just because a retailer allows their customers who bought items from them and allows them to return it without a receipt doesn't allow someone who didn't buy an item there to return it there in abuse of the policy. That's fraud.

#32 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

I was tempted to use this as trade fodder for the Gamestop Trade 2 deal. I didn't need to drop any more money though so...thanks for buying them all!

#33 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

I was thinking about getting Mercs 2 at that price, but even $29 seemed excessive for the PC version. I hit up Fleabay and picked up a PS3 copy for $28 - $7 Live cashback.

#34 RamHawk

RamHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Dang, they jusst cancelled my order for Warhammer. :( They should have had better inventory accuracy to know how many to sell.

#35 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:40 AM

Return fraud discussion isn't allowed on CAG. Just because a retailer allows their customers who bought items from them and allows them to return it without a receipt doesn't allow someone who didn't buy an item there to return it there in abuse of the policy. That's fraud.

Good call

#36 SixStringChild

SixStringChild

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

I don't know why I even bother since CAG deletes all my posts. How come fraud discussion isn't allowed yet your post is about fraud? That doesn't seem fair to me. If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud. If it were illegal then store's wouldn't be able to accept merchandise if it's in violation of their own policy. That's why Toys R Us doesn't take games without a receipt. Creating a fake receipt is fraud, but returning a game elsewhere is not. As far as I know, it's only illegal if you cross state lines because it is a violation of the RICO act. If I am wrong, then I welcome someone who can provide evidence so that we all can benefit from it.
Posted Image

#37 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

I don't know why I even bother since CAG deletes all my posts. How come fraud discussion isn't allowed yet your post is about fraud? That doesn't seem fair to me. If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud. If it were illegal then store's wouldn't be able to accept merchandise if it's in violation of their own policy. That's why Toys R Us doesn't take games without a receipt. Creating a fake receipt is fraud, but returning a game elsewhere is not. As far as I know, it's only illegal if you cross state lines because it is a violation of the RICO act. If I am wrong, then I welcome someone who can provide evidence so that we all can benefit from it.

100% not true. Making a representation to a store that you bought something there and having them either give you money or a different game is fraud. In fact, every state has laws that allow it to be prosecuted as at least a misdemeanor and in some cases a felony depending on the amount. The fact that they don't require a receipt has nothing to do with anything. You are lying to them to receive a financial or merchandise benefit. That's fraud pure and simple.

#38 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

grabbed Warhammer, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout collection

#39 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

The publisher of this version though [Global Software Publishing] is indeed based in the UK.

bah. thanks. guess I pass for now.

If the store accepts the game without the receipt then it's not a violation of policy and therefore not fraud.

if it wasn't fraud then you could tell them you bought it somewhere else and they'd still take it back. I've never tried but if you get away with telling the store you bought it somewhere else and want to return it here then a) I salute you and b) I'd champion your cause

That's like saying it's ok to sample the candies in the grocery store because they don't lock down the containers tight enough.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#40 Ice2Dragon

Ice2Dragon

Cuckoo For Killing Stuff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:04 PM

Ive heard that warhammer game is awful. but for 10 bucks..

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#41 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

It is FRAUD because you tell walmart you want to "return" the game to them without receipt, while the fact is you bought it from somewhere else
and you have nothing to "return" to walmart. If you walk into walmart and ask the CSR: "I have a sealed copy of this game, can I trade it to you for $59.82 store credit?" then that's legal and sure will be rejected. Walmart accepting the merchandise doesn't mean it is legal. They accept it because you don't tell them the truth and fabricate the return and hence it is FRAUD. is that clear?

#42 solsovly

solsovly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

There are some patches/settings for the fallout collection. Unless you want tactics, I think the GOG version is a better buy.

#43 ddrpower

ddrpower

MMO fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Is the Guild Wars Trilogy worth it? Seems like it, always been interested, but never got to try.
Just a PC Gamer on Steam and League of Legends. Always remember: Have fun, never at the complete expense of others.

#44 lifeinthefridge

lifeinthefridge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:08 AM

Is the Guild Wars Trilogy worth it? Seems like it, always been interested, but never got to try.

Definitely its one HELL of a deal considering your getting all 3 games in one. I played guild wars for close to 3 years and logged thousands of hours. If your not a fan of conventional mmo's then you'll most likely love this. Plus theirs A TON of people who still play, but many of course have moved away patiently awaiting guild wars 2 sometime in 2009-2010. The PvE is great and their is plenty to do for a new player. If you you want to play a real skill based, balanced pvp system then this game will offer you what no other mmo can.

But I can't stress enough how much of a good deal it is.

Also don't be discouraged by finding out the max level is 20, it is for good reason. This game tries to have the least grind as possible, while making the game based on skill.

#45 WasabiJoe

WasabiJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

I wanted to get Spider-man but it came out to about $50 total.

Since The Force Unleashed is has deals going for about $20 I can imagine the same happening with Spider-man in a month or so. Thanks for the deal though.

#46 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

Thanks OP.. Ordered Sims Pet Stories for mi madre on Friday, arrived today. I love GoGamer.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Morpho

Morpho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

I agree..that was QUICK. Warhammer dropped on me today. They are in CA and I'm in MA-so that is great turnaround on "cheap" shipping!
Thanks again OP.

#48 mikeyhegs

mikeyhegs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Warhammer is up to $24.90

#49 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

I agree..that was QUICK. Warhammer dropped on me today. They are in CA and I'm in MA-so that is great turnaround on "cheap" shipping!
Thanks again OP.

That's funny because I'm in CA and haven't received my order yet ;).

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013