Magic Orbz - Arkanoid-style PSN game formerly known as Magic Ball - Out Now - $9.99

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Magic_Ball

Info
Magic Ball™ offers a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, in which players bust apart a 3D environment, piece by piece. Using realistic physics and an advanced system of object destruction, Magic Ball features PS3 trophy support and almost 50 levels to demolish and conquer. Smash your way through dozens of colorful and stylized levels including pirate islands amid shark-infested waters, and castles filled with noble knights and courtly ladies. Power up your paddle with special enhancements like cannons and laser attachments. Plus, powerful earthquakes that rock the whole level and fiery meteor showers that rain down from the sky make Magic Ball a fun, action-packed and engaging experience in single, cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes. Magic Ball is presented in stunning 1080p and its Multiplayer Online game mode supports in-game live voice communications.

Impressions
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/927/927364p1.html

Videos
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44422.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the trophy list for Magic Ball... ;)

bronzesmiley.png
ARRR!
Complete ‘Plundering Pirates’ Episode

bronzesmiley.png
NI!
Complete ‘Naughty Knights’ Episode

bronzesmiley.png
10 in a Row
Complete 10 Levels in a Row

bronzesmiley.png
25 in a Row
Complete 25 Levels in a Row

bronzesmiley.png
500K Plan
Score 500,000 points

bronzesmiley.png
Millionaire’s Club
Score 1,000,000 points

bronzesmiley.png
The Morris Award
Gain 9 Extra Lives

bronzesmiley.png
Bonus Plan
Collect 200 ‘Bonus Points’ power-ups

bronzesmiley.png
Minuteman
Complete a level within one minute

Secret:
bronzesmiley.png
Goodbye Cruel World
5 Killer Skulls Collected

goldsmiley.png
Award Winner
Collect all Awards in the game

silversmiley.png
Back in the Chain Gang
Start a chain reaction with a bunch of cannons

silversmiley.png
Through the Fire and Flames
Seek out and aid the lone knight in his fight against the dragons.

Got it last night. Got to level 1-20 I think. Wife was watching so now she may even be interested in playing any games! :p

I beat this game, at least the medieval levels, and got an upleasant "To Be Continued" message. :whistle2:(

I hope that they continue this game for free.

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit (when I'm able to pull myself away from Fallout 3 that is lol.) For me, I've felt it was well worth the $10, even if future levels aren't free, as I know if this was a game in an arcade back in the '80s, I could have easily dropped $10-$20 in quarters into it in an afternoon. :p

Anyhow, definitely a great game for anyone who likes brick breaking style games like Breakout.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Looks like Magic Ball is being renamed as "Magic Orbz" with a new add-on coming next week:

TikGames (San Mateo, CA) and Creat Studios (Canton, MA) today announced that their best-selling brick-breaker game Magic Ball will be renamed Magic Orbz. A patch will be available for download, along with a new Winter Theme Pack Add-On, on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on Thursday, January 7th in Europe and January 14th in North America.

“TikGames and Creat Studios are thrilled to deliver even more fun-filled and addictive content for our Magic Orbz fans on PlayStation® Network,” said Anatoly Tikhman, Founder and CEO of TikGames, LLC “and we look forward to introducing the excitement to new players, as well.”

Magic Orbz takes a very simple idea – an orb, a paddle and a pile of bricks – and turns the player loose in dynamic and brightly colored 3D destructible environments filled with pirates, dragons, witches and more. TikGames’ and Creat Studios’ newest Winter Theme Add-On Pack introduces a wonderland of igloos, penguins, glaciers and polar bears to the exhilarating cartoon-style demolition.

“With our original title and two add-on packs, Magic Orbz delivers countless levels for both single and multiplayer gameplay.” said Vladimir Starzhevsky, co-founder and CEO of Creat Studios, Inc. “TikGames and Creat Studios are proud to continue our commitment and support of downloadable content.”

Magic Orbz will include PlayStation Trophy support and has been rated “E” for Everyone by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for this platform.

this game is fun but not much replay value after you beat it. and no1 is ever online to play MP which is a downer. Im glad that they changed the name to magic orbz cuz i used to get ripped on by my friends when they saw the words magic ball. yea, funny. i hope the add on is free but i doubt it since their halloween/witch one was like $3.

Game has gone on sale. $4.99 Pretty good game at that price. Anyone buying this because it has gone on sale? Would be a decent game to play online.

bread's done
Back