Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - Gen. Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#271 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:23 AM

That was the problem there. At least Vectorman's "Get 500 orbs" wasn't bad because the game was worth playing through. Dashing back and forth got irritating, especially when fish started swimming out of Ecco's line, requiring me to move all aorund.

Anywho, speaking earlier about Fatal Labyrinth, I had NEVER heard of the game prior to this collection. I musta spent a good three hours playing the game from beginning to end, while grabbing as much cash as I could for every time I died. I gotta say, it was rather enjoyable and a pretty interesting concept (the whole cash only affects your game over screen).

Can't decide which I wanna play through first (for the first time in years); Phantasy Star II, Phantasy Star IV or Shining Force II.

#272 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Anywho, speaking earlier about Fatal Labyrinth, I had NEVER heard of the game prior to this collection. I musta spent a good three hours playing the game from beginning to end, while grabbing as much cash as I could for every time I died. I gotta say, it was rather enjoyable and a pretty interesting concept (the whole cash only affects your game over screen).

Newb question but what did you do on Level 5 ?

I got to Level 5 and got my achievement, then I couldn't work out what to do, the level seemed to be empty with no stairs or passages or enemies, so I was stuck.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#273 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

That happened to me too on level 2.
Just had to reset the game.
Posted Image

#274 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

You have to look around at the walls. When you come across a level where there seem to be no stairs, you have to go up against the walls to find a secret passage.

#275 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:34 PM

You have to look around at the walls. When you come across a level where there seem to be no stairs, you have to go up against the walls to find a secret passage.

Yeah I tried that, I walked round the perimeter several times but no passages appeared, maybe it was glitched like daschrier said.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#276 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

It seems like a glitch, but it really isn't. I've had times where I've had to check every single last tile until I came across a secret passage.

#277 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

I just started playing this again for achievements. I had gotten 85 achievement points from the game, which I bought at launch but barely got to play due to school and getting more 360 games plus a Wii. But now I'm hooked and all I want to do this weekend is beat Comix Zone, both Vectorman games, and Sonic 1-3, none of which I have ever beaten before.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#278 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

I just started playing this again for achievements. I had gotten 85 achievement points from the game, which I bought at launch but barely got to play due to school and getting more 360 games plus a Wii. But now I'm hooked and all I want to do this weekend is beat Comix Zone, both Vectorman games, and Sonic 1-3, none of which I have ever beaten before.

Haven't beaten Sonic 1-3 even? Oh my. :oops:

#279 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

Haven't beaten Sonic 1-3 even? Oh my. :oops:

I don't think many people have. Once you get past the first level where you can just run really fast the game goes down hill. Trying to precision jump on moving platforms while drowining in water is not Sonic's strong suit.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#280 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

Man, a lot of old games sucked. Most of these games aren't a value at any price.

I had fond memories of zooming around in Sonic 2/3 but those were crushed by the strict platforming in Sonic 1 that I didn't remember. Boss battles with enemies off screen are not fun (Shinobi III). I got stuck in the 2nd level of Kid Chameleon. It was frustrating as hell trying to figure out the controls for Echo because my brain wasn't thinking in terms of the way games used to control. I played a few other games that frustrated the hell out of me as well.

If it wasn't for the lure of easy achievements I would have immediately placed this sucker back in the Gamefly envelope. I should add that I didn't own a Genesis, so the nostalgia factor of a lot of these games is lost on me.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#281 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

I don't think many people have. Once you get past the first level where you can just run really fast the game goes down hill. Trying to precision jump on moving platforms while drowining in water is not Sonic's strong suit.

Indeed. See, I never owned a Genesis as a kid, really. I bought a Genesis 3 (the tiny one) when I was 18-19, and I own a Genesis 2 right now with maybe 10 games.

I never liked Sonic a whole lot. I always wanted to explore rather than run as fast as possible through the levels. The only Sonic game I have beaten was Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, LOL. But now, with save states and such, I'm going to try to finish the 3 Sonic Genesis games. Right now, I'm hooked on Comix Zone.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif