CAGcast #140: Faster, Quieter, Better

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

It's better on 360,no forced installs and the controller fits this type of game better.

Ya but dead space has no forced install on the ps3 version so what the poster was saying was maybe for this time since it has all the same features minus the loudness of the 360 the ps3 version was a better choice.
Insert clever line here......

#92 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Can't wait to check out the nxe legit version....the not so legit version is pretty sweet.

#93 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:53 PM

I was extremely disappointed to see that Silverado is not available for "instant watching" on Netflix. Wombat, use your special wombat powers and get Netflix to get it in there.

#94 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

Cheapy, you should add Super High Me to your instant queue if you haven't already. Best documentary of (last) year.

#95 frsoccer44

frsoccer44

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

I don't buy many games, (I have only bought Gears of War 2 out of the recent load of awesome games) and I play Madden 09, and Call of Duty 4. Do you know if the load times on any of these games are significantly cut? And really what is with all the Wombat haters?
Ahh i hate the :twoguns:PS3!!!

Gears of War 2 :D:applause: (Sucess)

COD 5 :drool: (FAIL!)

#96 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:24 AM

i'm surprised wombat isn't as fond of fallout 3 as he was with the elder scrolls 4: oblivion.

#97 lllusion

lllusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

I just signed up for Netflix supporting CAG!

8)

#98 bo0

bo0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat - long time listener(since episode 8) first time responder to one of your questions on the show...

You wanted some home beta impressions? Here they are.

The Good: Home Beta is perfect for making new friends if you're into chatting to strangers via headset or keyboard. There are a lot of users. The graphical design scheme is very sleek almost Apple Computer inspired. It feels very much like you're playing a second life "game" or something (if you're into that sort of thing). It's sometimes fun to go on to see if there are any new items available but it requires you to walk to the stores. You can do a lot of character customization and customization of your home space which is kinda fun if you're into the Sims. The game areas(fall out 2, drakes fortune, resistance) are kinda cool
they have high quality textures and models from the actual game. There are locked areas that you can enter via passcode to check out models from the game(ie you can go into Sully's office from drake's forture and look at a bunch of idols and artifacts that are available throughout the game).

then there's the bad.....

The bad: You download a file when you first get it (~100megs). The file does not include any of the areas in it(ie central plaza, game room, theatre) so when you load up Home if lets say you want to go to any of those areas it requires you to download each seperate area when you are about to visit it. This requires approximately a 15 minute wait time while the area downloads(40meg+ file). Downloading each area is very frustrating. There are load times between areas. The selection of character creation options are VERY limited. The amount of available furniture and home spaces is very limited. The mall is a very dull place with many stores not open yet. The stores will have maybe ~10 items tops.
To find out what the new items are you have to walk to each store. Watching game footage in home beta is pointless. Sony really hasnt explained to the end users why I am doing everything within home and not on gametrailers.com or cheapassgamer.com. Why should i load up Home, walk to the theatre, wait for the video to load, then watch a trailer with a bunch of strangers dancing and watching a SOCOM confrontation demo? Why? I can just go to a website to do that!

Quite frankly it's a glorified menu system. Sony if you clone XBL or even Steam you'd be fine.

The most fun you'll have is playing some music in the plaza dancing next to a bubble machine wearing a cowboy hat.

It is still a beta and Sony does take the feedback from the beta testers seriously.

Thanks for the great show guys.
Take Care
Sean
Posted Image

Posted Image

forums are boring, i'm not sure why I do this anymore.