Persona 2: Eternal Punishment Reprint

Draekon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Anyhow, I got an email from Atlus saying they're reprinting it at Amazon. It says it's extremely limited, but who knows. While they bastardized the localization, it's still not a bad game. If you've been wanting it, here's the chance to get a brand new copy.

-Sold Out- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004WLZ7

Feel free to use this thread as discussion I s'pose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email too.

I remember renting this from the local video store, but I also remember not being able to get into it. A $40 (damn!) reprint is not going to be given a second chance by me.

I think they should remake it instead of reprinting it, with both of the games (Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment). Really sucks we got stuck with only the sequel because Hitler was in the first one and apparently it was a big no-no then and still seems to be. Atlus would probably get some nice sales from the remake here based on the popularity of Persona 3 alone and Japan would probably eat it up.

Plus it'd be nice to have it more refined and possibly better than it was before. Much like what happened to Tales of Destiny, except it didn't get localized here unfortunetly. Turned out to be one hell of a game in the remake and directors cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably would've bought this immediately but I just placed a bid on an ebay copy earlier this week. Hopefully this renewed interest doesn't drive up the ebay prices.

This would be the third printing for this title. It had an original print in 2000, a reprint in late 2005 by Game Quest Direct, and now this.

I'm replaying this right now. My old copy got too scratched up to play, so I jumped on this offer. I really like this game a lot, and I love the atmosphere and character development so much more than 3. This game's atmosphere and grittiness + 3's gameplay mechanics would be awesome. The flawed, adult characters in this are so refreshing considering most games now have parties made up almost entirely of teenagers/high schoolers, including Persona 3/4.

I still have it for my PS1. As said earlier though a full remake for PSP or something would be great (especially if it included Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment)

bread's done
Back