What games are rare?

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I want to know what games are rare and go for big money online, so I can try to find them and cash them in to get money for games that I want, thanks.

Dracula X on SNES
IMO the best/hardest traditional castlevania
It was one of my best accomplishments to get the best ending on this one.

[quote name='danny-o']Dracula X on SNES
It was one of my best accomplishments to get the best ending on this one.[/quote]

too bad its watered down from the turbo duo version :), which is also a good money maker on ebay :)

[quote name='Theenternal'][quote name='danny-o']Dracula X on SNES
It was one of my best accomplishments to get the best ending on this one.[/quote]

too bad its watered down from the turbo duo version :), which is also a good money maker on ebay :)[/quote]
Its more like a whole new game. The Turbo version is great too, but I only was able to beat it on an emulator with a CD-R and the disc went corrupt.
They need to release the turbo version over here.

Ok, here's some of my ebay scores.....

Resident Evil 2 GCN - paid - 24.00 - sold - 112.00
Earthbound SNES - paid - 5.00 - sold - 96.00
X-Com PS1 - paid - 3.00 - sold - 30.00
Dragon Warrior VII - paid - 5.00 - sold - 50.00
Popful Mail Sega CD - paid 1.00 sold - 30.00
Ogre Battle N64 - paid - 3.50 - sold - 60.00
Starcraft N64 - paid - 3.50 - sold - 50.00
Worms Armmeggedon - paid - 3.50 - sold - 45.00

That's all I remember off the top of my head. There's alot more though.

I hit alot of garage sales and flea markets. If I see something that I know that'll get me some cash, I pick it up. I've made alot of scores that way.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Is Dracula X the same as Vampire's Kiss?[/quote]

Nope. Vampires Kiss is a little Rare, but not like Dracula X.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Is Dracula X the same as Vampire's Kiss?[/quote]
They are the same. Kiss is just the PAL version. And Dracula XX is the japanese version.

Yeah, i see a new thread like this all the time. I think its good to have new ones because alot of old threads tend to have alot of BS to shift through.

Yea, I know there's a search function, but I checked out those other threads and they had games I already knew about. I guess I should've been more specific and already stated the games that I knew were rare and gone from there.

Plus, the prices on these games seem to change from time to time and I wanted to know what the CAGs were selling them for.

[quote name='masha']Nintendo World Championships 1990 for Nes is rare. Go find it.[/quote]

can you scan your receipt to prove this?

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='masha']Nintendo World Championships 1990 for Nes is rare. Go find it.[/quote]

can you scan your receipt to prove this?[/quote]

To prove that it is rare? That doesn't make sense. And if it is a joke, jokes still are supposed to make sense.

[quote name='big_squirtle']Intelligent Qube (PS1) is rare, and if anybody has it I'm interested.[/quote]

I only have one copy, and I'm not selling, sorry. However, among the games that were just received from the corporate GameStop office by the GameStop near my parents house (not near me, near my parents, so I'd have to get another favor from them), may be a copy (it is showing when I check store availability, which is how I found out they had Rhapsody). I called just now, and they haven't come across it yet, but they are still going through the boxes and asked me to call back in the morning. Obviously, I won't know if it is complete/in good shape until they find it. I also don't know for certain what the price would be, although it is listed at $45.99 on their site, the store price sometimes varies (Rhapsody was $5 or $6 cheaper in store than listed on the site).

Let me know if you want me to pursue it and what your limitations are (e.g. must it be complete, scuff free, how much $ is too much, etc.)

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='masha']Nintendo World Championships 1990 for Nes is rare. Go find it.[/quote]

How would a receipt scan prove a game's rarity? :roll:

Vampire Night (PS2) is pretty rare Lunar and Lunar 2 (PS1) is hard to find for cheap, and i'm still looking for a copy of snatchers on the sega cd.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='big_squirtle']Intelligent Qube (PS1) is rare, and if anybody has it I'm interested.[/quote]

I only have one copy, and I'm not selling, sorry. However, among the games that were just received from the corporate GameStop office by the GameStop near my parents house (not near me, near my parents, so I'd have to get another favor from them), may be a copy (it is showing when I check store availability, which is how I found out they had Rhapsody). I called just now, and they haven't come across it yet, but they are still going through the boxes and asked me to call back in the morning. Obviously, I won't know if it is complete/in good shape until they find it. I also don't know for certain what the price would be, although it is listed at $45.99 on their site, the store price sometimes varies (Rhapsody was $5 or $6 cheaper in store than listed on the site).

Let me know if you want me to pursue it and what your limitations are (e.g. must it be complete, scuff free, how much $ is too much, etc.)[/quote]

If he doesn't take you up on that, I will.

I have quite a few rare games in my collection, but I know that Stadium Events for the NES is rare, as is Mr Driller for PS1, but that one doesn't fetch much at all.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='big_squirtle']Intelligent Qube (PS1) is rare, and if anybody has it I'm interested.[/quote]

Let me know if you want me to pursue it and what your limitations are (e.g. must it be complete, scuff free, how much $ is too much, etc.)[/quote]

Manimal had one for trade/sale, not sure if he still does though.

[quote name='bignick']Ikaruga, shaq-fu, SMB/Duck hunt combo cart.[/quote]

Is SMB/DH really rare?!? And I didn't realize that Ikaruga had gone rare again. But I just did a quick search for it and even out of the few places that still have it listed (EB doesn't) it is OOS! That's one I guess I better not be loaning out.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='masha']Nintendo World Championships 1990 for Nes is rare. Go find it.[/quote]

How would a receipt scan prove a game's rarity? :roll:[/quote]

exactly. :roll:

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='bignick']Ikaruga, shaq-fu, SMB/Duck hunt combo cart.[/quote]

Is SMB/DH really rare?!? And I didn't realize that Ikaruga had gone rare again. But I just did a quick search for it and even out of the few places that still have it listed (EB doesn't) it is OOS! That's one I guess I better not be loaning out.[/quote]

Yeah SMB / Duck Hunt is pretty rare. It's one of the more expensive NES games out there, and if you got one you are lucky. You can get over $50 without instructions or anything.

[quote name='TomCloud9']I think the only rare games I have is Dragon Warrior 2,3,4 nes[/quote]

I have Dragon Quest I, II, III, V and VI. All complete/mint. Are those rare?

[quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='bignick']Ikaruga, shaq-fu, SMB/Duck hunt combo cart.[/quote]

Is SMB/DH really rare?!? And I didn't realize that Ikaruga had gone rare again. But I just did a quick search for it and even out of the few places that still have it listed (EB doesn't) it is OOS! That's one I guess I better not be loaning out.[/quote]

Yeah SMB / Duck Hunt is pretty rare. It's one of the more expensive NES games out there, and if you got one you are lucky. You can get over $50 without instructions or anything.[/quote]
What's the deal with this then?

http://search.ebay.com/duck-hunt-super_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='bignick']Ikaruga, shaq-fu, SMB/Duck hunt combo cart.[/quote]

Yeah SMB / Duck Hunt is pretty rare. It's one of the more expensive NES games out there, and if you got one you are lucky. You can get over $50 without instructions or anything.[/quote]

http://search.ebay.com/duck-hunt-super_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8[/quote]

They were joking.

[quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='MorPhiend'][quote name='bignick']Ikaruga, shaq-fu, SMB/Duck hunt combo cart.[/quote]

http://search.ebay.com/duck-hunt-super_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8[/quote]

Good job ruining the joke....it's probably one of the most common games of all time...I was gonna talk about how I searched for years and finally paid 75 for it on ebay.

bread's done
Back