Photo
- - - - -

Latest GameFly Used Game Deals w/Free Shipping: Alone in the Dark (360) $6 and More!

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#151 Nimrod4431

Nimrod4431

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

Saw the $6 price tag on AITD.. so I finally got around to playing the demo. The controls were a little clunky, and the game got terrible reviews.. but I see a certain charm in this title. Had to grab myself a copy, thanks.

#152 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

Some excellent prices here, just need to wait until I get paid as usual, the backlog for buying games is larger than the play log, which is a good thing now that I think about it....

Nothing to see here, move along!

#153 Reck_Havoc

Reck_Havoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:50 AM

Awesome price on Alone in the Dark, picked it up.

#154 daknight

daknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

*Sobs* No Puerto Rico options for delivery *Sighs* I was ready to get DMC 4 and Alone in the Dark... :(

#155 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

Ordered AITD, Quake Wars and DMC 4. Couldn't figure out how to order them at the same time, but with free shipping, can't beat that. Thanks OP!

#156 Ice2Dragon

Ice2Dragon

Cuckoo For Killing Stuff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

hows lost planet on PS3 is the community still available online?

i bought it at launch and there were maybe 3 games that had more than 4 people in it..

two weeks later there was barely anyone playing..

so tread lightly @_@

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#157 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

been wanting to grab Disgaea 3... but I was waiting for the $20 mark...
should I go for it or wait it out for a little?

#158 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:14 AM

Thanks OP. My games arrived today. Both games arrived with complete packaging and disk and case are in excellent condition.

#159 Ice2Dragon

Ice2Dragon

Cuckoo For Killing Stuff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:17 AM

been wanting to grab Disgaea 3... but I was waiting for the $20 mark...
should I go for it or wait it out for a little?

i bought it at full price and have been happy with it.. its a lot more indepth than the previous two... @_@

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#160 vectorscalar

vectorscalar

Sic Semper Ignotus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:19 AM

Thanks, OP. I was hesitant to bite, but at this price, all I need to do is skip lunch once:bouncy:.

#161 Ultimatallica0

Ultimatallica0

Alice in Chains. The End.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Oh man, GREAT. NG2 was the LAST game Ive been wanting to get. Even though I know AitD is complete ass, I can't pass up a current gen horror game for $5, even if I never plan to play it. I know Quake Wars sucks too, but I'm a big Quake fan and would love to have a copy of it, used my $5 coupon and got it for $5 too. I'm quite happy about all of this :)
Posted Image

#162 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

My order for Lost Planet PS3 just came in. It really was in like-new condition for the disc. No scratches, just some smudges that I got rid of using a lint-free cloth and some sears lens cleaner.

#163 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

...according to the Google Checkout status, Gamefly has yet to ship my Quake or Alone in the Dark game. Can anyone comment on whether or not they've ran into this? Slow to update on Googlecheckout's end or is Gamefly taking forever to ship? It's almost been a week.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#164 mrg

mrg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

Well, got Alone in the Dark yesterday and while there are no scratches on the disc, around the outer edge of the disc are tiny chunks missing. Like a saw blade or something. Now, how in the hell does someone do that to a disc. Must say I am disappointed. Even at $6 that stuff should not be mailed to anyone.

No more GF orders for me.
Gaming is a great stress reliever. It better be for all the darn frustration it creates.

#165 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

I rented a couple of wii titles on the list to check the condition before deciding whether to buy. The games worked fine, but as I expected, they weren't in very good condition (all smudged and scratched up). Sounds like ps3 discs are the only ones that will likely be scratch-free

#166 TimTucker

TimTucker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

Sounds like ps3 discs are the only ones that will likely be scratch-free

And DS games, of course ;-)

#167 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

I rented a couple of wii titles on the list to check the condition before deciding whether to buy. The games worked fine, but as I expected, they weren't in very good condition (all smudged and scratched up). Sounds like ps3 discs are the only ones that will likely be scratch-free

Yep, the anti scratch coating on PS3 disks is a modern marvel. I still don't have a single bluray disk with a scratch on it. I look at my 360 disks funny and the next thing you know they're all scratched up. I love bluray for that feature alone.

#168 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Well, got Alone in the Dark yesterday and while there are no scratches on the disc, around the outer edge of the disc are tiny chunks missing. Like a saw blade or something. Now, how in the hell does someone do that to a disc. Must say I am disappointed. Even at $6 that stuff should not be mailed to anyone.

Same exact thing is wrong with my NFS:PS this is the second bad copy of this game I have received.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#169 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

got to watch out for PSP games. i got one and it was in a 3rd party case... Sent it back and got a refund
WOOOO I STINK

#170 Griffey867

Griffey867

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

I have ordered10 games from Gamefly and all 10 look BRAND NEW. Awesome case/manual and most importantly, perfect disks (8 have been 360 games, 2 have been wii games). I couldn't be happier really...awesome condition, free shipping (quick too). I know that some games are bound to be in bad condition, but it doesn't seem to be the norm.

#171 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

I have ordered10 games from Gamefly and all 10 look BRAND NEW. Awesome case/manual and most importantly, perfect disks (8 have been 360 games, 2 have been wii games). I couldn't be happier really...awesome condition, free shipping (quick too). I know that some games are bound to be in bad condition, but it doesn't seem to be the norm.

I have ordered 20+ plus games from them since I have been a member and only the 2 copies of NFS:PS were in poor condition, this one has small chunks missing from the outer edge and the last one had a crack coming out from the inner spindle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#172 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

This was my fourth game I have ordered. The first 3 I ordered were all kinds of messed up from heavily scratched disks to chunks missing from the disc. I wasn't expecting AitD to be in much better then those ( I was optimistic though since I doubt a lot of people rented AitD :D ) I got my package opened it up and everything looks good. The case and manual are in perfect condition and the disk has only a few light scratches. Thanks again for the deal OP.

#173 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

I got my Alone in the Dark a few days ago and although it wasn't bad looking, the disc was clearly "reconditioned" in some way.

I ordered an extra one and a Quake Wars this weekend too :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#174 jello44

jello44

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

I'm curious to know what type of envelopes they use when they send the games out on rentals. I've had Netflix for about 2 years now and I've gotten discs that looked fine, no chips or anything. But I ordered a few games from Gamefly and they had a few chips along the edges, but the disc surface itself was fine and plays great.

#175 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Got my Alone int he Dark today. Came in surprisingly good condition. Case, art and manual were pristine and the disc is almost perfect. Just has a few light scratches which I could buff out easily. Well worth the $6. I will be buying more from them (this was the first time I ever bought anything from them)

#176 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Got my Alone int he Dark today. Came in surprisingly good condition. Case, art and manual were pristine and the disc is almost perfect. Just has a few light scratches which I could buff out easily. Well worth the $6. I will be buying more from them (this was the first time I ever bought anything from them)

This may be a little off topic, though I am waiting for my, AitD as well. But how did you get mail on a sunday?

I've been counting the days since I ordered, you see.

#177 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

I received one of my Alone in the Darks yesterday. It was flawless, like new. It might not have even been sent out for rental.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#178 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

My alone in the dark arrived yesterday and looked as if i just took the plastic wrap off myself...the disc didnt have a single smudge or scratch...
Posted Image

#179 Orochi Jin

Orochi Jin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:08 AM

I'm curious to know what type of envelopes they use when they send the games out on rentals. I've had Netflix for about 2 years now and I've gotten discs that looked fine, no chips or anything. But I ordered a few games from Gamefly and they had a few chips along the edges, but the disc surface itself was fine and plays great.

Same as Netflix. Small white envelope with disc inside the exact same shipping envelope style of Netflix (I have both services). If anything is jacked up, it's usually due to human or console.

#180 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

My alone in the dark arrived yesterday and looked as if i just took the plastic wrap off myself...the disc didnt have a single smudge or scratch...

They probably ran out of used and are starting to send out the fresh copies.