Buy a PSP 3000 Ratchet & Clank Pack, Get Free God of War: Chains of Olympus at Amazon

When combining this with the Hot Shots 2 DotD, I think this is a wonderful deal! I am resisting the urge to purchase it considering I already have a PSP, but the interlacing issue with the PSP-3000's is something I don't feel like dealing with.

Sweeet deal....As much as I would LOVE to play this GOW game, I love the GOW series, my iphone calms my on the go gaming urges quite well.

Damn that's a good deal. Gonna have to think about this.

I was thinking about getting one of the GOW bundles since I still see them many places but getting the revised PSP without the ghosting issues and GOW included. Hmmm...

Got one with the golf game also. Already have a PSP but the nub controller sometimes sticks so I couldn't pass up the deal... hope the interlace issue isn't as bad as some claim.

@ KueMan10

I was initially jazzed about the 3000 also, thinking I'd finally be a PSP owner, but for the interlacing/over-saturation issues.

Now I'm thinking of getting a 2000 instead to play homebrew/emulators and other hacks, and eventually pick up a PSP once they get it right...4000 perhaps?

I'm confused by the issues with the 3000...like if they're all like that, or...?

My 1000 and 2000 both worked/work nicely though, so I guess I'll just hold off until a possible 4000?

At any rate, this is obviously a steal, and then Hot Shots Golf 2 for that price?!? I'm playing through that right now actually. I bet it'll get too hard for me sooner or later, but at least the first section of the game is fun and easy (I agree with the reviews that put-ironically-Clap Hanz golf games above Camelot's new golf games, even though the latter created the series Clap Hanz is continuing).

I have a PSP-2000 and one of my roommates has a 3000, I believe the interlacing issue is way too overblown. If you are just using it, you don't notice it at all due to the refresh rate. I think all those still photos of the issue makes it look worse because they simply show that the screen uses interlace versus progressive technolgy.

Wasn't it determined it has nothing to do with interlacing, and is just because the RGB pixel orientations were changed so the blue pixel is at the bottom, makes a straight line, and makes it LOOK like scanlines? (when it's really not)

Yeah, I haven't heard what the deal is, but I seriously doubt it's interlaced.

And good to know Gandhi!

I do wonder what they did. But I guess I'll either wait for a 4000, or else at least wait for a better color. My 2000 is shiny grey too, and I don't really like it. I mean it looks fine, but I'd rather have about any other color.

wish I could get the black bundle with this deal. It's not released until 12-15-08.

I would be a new PSP owner if I bite on this. Any other accessories or needed items I should get along with this? I was thinking about going ahead and ordering a travel with it as well.

I've been in the market for a PSP for sometime, but for some reason or another I haven't bit... I seldom have the time to play handhelds... I want to, but I don't know. I have a few PSP games (long story), but no PSP... Is now the time to bite? Tough call...

Yeah, a case is essential. It's nice that it comes with a memory stick.

Other than that the only accessories I have for my 2000 are a screen protector and wipe, and then the Component cable - which I honestly don't use much...

[quote name='Wolfpup']You need a case, but that's probably it. It comes with a Memory Stick even.[/quote]

How many saved games does the 1gb stick usually hold?

I know I won't give a crap about putting pictures on it and will likely not put any music on it. Will the 1 gb memory stick do it for me or should I spring for the 4gb that is going to be on sale on Black Friday?

Any other must have games for cheap on Amazon right now (other than Hot Shots Golf)?

[quote name='robbrism']How many saved games does the 1gb stick usually hold?

I know I won't give a crap about putting pictures on it and will likely not put any music on it. Will the 1 gb memory stick do it for me or should I spring for the 4gb that is going to be on sale on Black Friday?

Any other must have games for cheap on Amazon right now (other than Hot Shots Golf)?[/QUOTE]

I'm still using the 32 MB that came with my launch-day bundle. Unless you're getting into emulators or putting movies on there, 1 GB will be more than you'll ever use.

Heck, even if you're transferring demos from the PlayStation Store

My PSP 3000 has very little noticeable screen issues. I really think that the ones complaining are huge videophiles (of which I would even consider myself to a degree). But really if you are not spacifically looking for it (ie. just play the games or watch the movie and enjoy it) you really don't notice much of anything. Then again, maybe I just got one with less issues, who knows? Well... actually Sony knows but apparently they don't care... haha.

[quote name='Apathy']Yeah, a case is essential. It's nice that it comes with a memory stick.

Other than that the only accessories I have for my 2000 are a screen protector and wipe, and then the Component cable - which I honestly don't use much...[/QUOTE]

What type of screen protector did you buy? One thing that's almost "bad" about the Playstation Portable is how huge and gorgeous it's screen is...it makes me sort of nervous always to use it! :lol:

I started out on my 1000 with a screen protector from Pelican (I think), the same company I bought my DS screen protectors from. But it was visible that the protector was on there-more annoying than on the DS, I guess because the screen's better, so I eventually took it off.

[quote name='robbrism']How many saved games does the 1gb stick usually hold?

Any other must have games for cheap on Amazon right now (other than Hot Shots Golf)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as Sackattack and others mentioned, you're not going to have a problem with game saves on that. They're pretty comperable to Playstation 2 game saves (since the system basically is a Playstation 2...). You can fit a TON onto a 32MB one, let alone 1GB.

Plus, you can actually easily connect it to a PC and copy save files on or off it if you need to back them up! Only bad thing about that is when you copy them back, their creation date is different so they're no longer listed in the order they were created (but that's not a real problem, just a tiny annoyance).

As for other games, I *love* the Syphon Filter games on the PSP. I didn't like the series until those two games-they're basically a total relaunch, like the modern Tomb Raider games are. IGN called the first one the PSP's killer app, and it really is. It has super high production values, looks fantastic (really shows that the PSP is an entire generation past the DS...I mean it's better looking that most console games prior to the PS3/360), controls great, has a great story (to me at least), etc.

They're dirt cheap on Amazon now, but WELL worth full price.

Sega Genesis Collection is a good deal, and I think is discounted now. Tons of other good games too, just depending on what you like.

The Hori screen protectors rock.. you have to order them mail order, though (I don't THINK any B&M stores carry them anymore) and apparently there are a lot of fakes... but they're totally clear but do a great job keeping your "real" screen nice and scratch free.

Wow - cool deals. I wish I had waited a few weeks.

I got the ratchet bundle a few weeks ago and didn't even notice any of the graphical issues that everyone was complaining about. I've played several games and watched the National Treasure UMD that came with it and they looked fine to me.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What type of screen protector did you buy? One thing that's almost "bad" about the Playstation Portable is how huge and gorgeous it's screen is...it makes me sort of nervous always to use it! :lol:

I started out on my 1000 with a screen protector from Pelican (I think), the same company I bought my DS screen protectors from. But it was visible that the protector was on there-more annoying than on the DS, I guess because the screen's better, so I eventually took it off.[/quote]

I got the Hori one off of Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B0008ELGGK/

It't very transparent. I wish I had put one on my DS... my touch screen it really scratched up now.

This is a sweet deal... I was a little hesitant on getting one when the whole 3000 video comparison happened but even then I thought it was probably being blown a bit out of proportion, especially given that I've heard from a couple people with a 3000 the problem isn't really noticeable.

I know I'm being anal, but the fact that it's the silver one kills the deal for me. Despite the other shortcomings of the package for me (I already own R&C: SM for the PS2; don't care too much for echochrome, and if I did I'd get the PS3 version over the PSP version; 1GB is not nearly enough storage space since I plan on using my PSP for music and movies), this one really kills it for me.

I don't know why Sony is dragging its feet in releasing the black PSP-3000 core system. As far as I know, it still doesn't have a release date. I'd just prefer to get a core system and a 16GB memory stick rather than these stupid entertainment packs, but so far it seems like I'm gonna have to get one if I want a black PSP-3000 by the end of the year.

Unbelievable. I already got shipping confirmation on the bundle w/ Hot Shots. Shipped out today! How's that for service? And I choose free shipping and don't have Prime.

[quote name='robbrism']Unbelievable. I already got shipping confirmation on the bundle w/ Hot Shots. Shipped out today! How's that for service? And I choose free shipping and don't have Prime.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, generally speaking Amazon kicks ass. I'm spent a crazy amount with them the last 8 years, and only once or twice had anything resembling an issue (and then it was clearly some weird computer glitch and the guy was totally helpful).

bread's done
Back