Wombat's Official Silverado Appreciation Thread

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
In my vain attempt to make this movie relevent again, I figured I'd start a thread about it.

So has anyone else seen it?

If you took my recommendation, what did you think?

Lets see if we can get this thread past 1 post :)

not yet, i will check it out soon tho since i signed up for netflix now ;)

edit: in my queue :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one the other day. Idiot cut me off.

2007silverado.jpg

I thought the movie was just OK. I haven't seen it in years though...

Can anyone give a small summary or heads up about the movie?

Sure we can Google it but without even a small bit of enticement how do you expect people to just give up a few hours of precious time?

I havent seen this movie in ages, but....I have seen it about 20 times, and its a great movie. My favorite western for sure....

someone came into gamestop tuesday and was talking about silverado.... strangly, not a CAG. anyway still havnt seen it but will.... give me til the end of the year.

I have never watched Silverado but I don't think it would pass Unforgiven and Tombstone as my favorite Westerns of all-time. But I will watch it sometime to make sure.

Hey Wombat, looks like Silverado is airing this Friday night (Dec. 5) and Saturday (Dec. 6) on AMC for my local area. Check your local listings everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen it many times. It's a good movie, not a great movie (even among westerns), but a lot of fun and a nice cast. It's mostly remembered as being Kevin Costner's breakout film, the role that really made him a star. It makes me miss Kevin Kline in the 80s. He was so great in everything he was in. Also love the score by Bruce Broughton, which is very memorable.

It's going to be on AMC again on Dec. 5 at 11:00 pm EST and Dec. 6 at 5:00 pm EST.

[quote name='Tybee']It's going to be on AMC again on Dec. 5 at 11:00 pm EST and Dec. 6 at 5:00 pm EST.[/quote]dude I misread that as
I'm going to be on AMC
dude. Tybee on cable. awesome.

[quote name='Wolfkin']dude I misread that as Tybee on cable.[/quote]

By sheer coincidence, I had dinner a few weeks ago with Robert Osborne of Turner Classic Movies and several other TCM folks because one of my best friends will be hosting a movie (The Maltese Falcon) with him. She filmed it last month and it will be airing on TCM in April.

Just got the movie in the mail. I put in in my queue based solely on Wombat's recommendation. I'll post my impressions after I watch it.

Well I got this based off Wombats recomendation and watched it a couple of weeks ago. It was alright. I wouldn't give it the same praise Wombat has, but it wasn't bad either. It had its moments, but like a lot of westerns (at least to me) it became kind of dragy.

I recomend people watch Misery. I just watched it on netlflix instant. Was surpirsed how good it was.

i used to call it one of my favorite movies of all time. up until i saw once upon a time in mexico which is its sequel. my god that just made me hate the original for even allowing that monstocity to be made.

[quote name='Chris_GTR1']i used to call it one of my favorite movies of all time. up until i saw once upon a time in mexico which is its sequel. my god that just made me hate the original for even allowing that monstocity to be made.[/QUOTE]

Once Upon a Time in Mexico is the sequel to Desperado, not Silverado

bread's done
Back