Meijer PSN Card/XBL Cards/PC Gaming Cards 20% off B&M *11/25 Only*

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I got the Meijer ad today and there's a coupon which says 20% off of PSN Cards, XBL Cards (whether they are point or XBL Gold Cards, since the picture shows an XBL 3 month card. You need the coupon and it's limit one coupon per family.

Those who have a Meijer can browse the weekly ad in their area:
http://www.meijer.com/home.jsp

Also, to let everyone know, this deal is NOT online, B&M only.

From what I also noticed, the last time I bought a PSN Card at Meijer, I did not have to pay tax on it, so you might be able to get a $50 PSN Card for $40.

now watch them pull all of the cards and say they are sold out.

wonder if they sell

BIGFISHGAME cards there... love to get one of those for 16 for 2 games

[quote name='slidecage']now watch them pull all of the cards and say they are sold out.

wonder if they sell

BIGFISHGAME cards there... love to get one of those for 16 for 2 games[/QUOTE]I don't see Meijer doing that. I used coupons on PSN Cards many times there.

I wish there were Meijer stores near me.
I was saddened to find out that though my employee discount works on Wii Points (a few bucks off, but hey, a deal is a deal) it doesn't work on PSN cards.

[quote name='SDC']I wish there were Meijer stores near me.
I was saddened to find out that though my employee discount works on Wii Points (a few bucks off, but hey, a deal is a deal) it doesn't work on PSN cards.[/QUOTE]Possibly because they are like giftcards and not like traditional merchandise.

[quote name='Marion517']Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know if it's the same Ads that you can pick-up in store, or if I should buy a paper today?[/QUOTE]I usually see the same ad in-store. Many times even the employees just hand out coupons.

The Meijer by me hasnt been able to activate XBL cards for almost a month now. They ran out of $20 PSN cards about 6 months ago but somehow had some for the $20 card give away last week, now all gone again. But they do have tons of 360/PS3 games in the clearance area now under 20.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Possibly because they are like giftcards and not like traditional merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure that is the reason. Wii/MS Points are at least a specialized "currency" so it isn't a straight transfer. Or somesuch.

just one more great offer I'll miss out on.. wish they'd branch out and cross over one more state line they're in OH & KY but not here in WV

figure they'd like to take some money away from Walmart..lol

[quote name='Romis']just one more great offer I'll miss out on.. wish they'd branch out and cross over one more state line they're in OH & KY but not here in WV

figure they'd like to take some money away from Walmart..lol[/QUOTE]In my area, Meijer gets a lot of business (actually, they came before Wal-Mart Supercenter) and takes away a lot from Wal-Mart. I greatly prefer the store. However, Meijer hasn't been expanding all that much (they are not really doing great financially I hear, but not as bad as some stores).

[quote name='gindias']The Meijer by me hasnt been able to activate XBL cards for almost a month now. They ran out of $20 PSN cards about 6 months ago but somehow had some for the $20 card give away last week, now all gone again. But they do have tons of 360/PS3 games in the clearance area now under 20.[/QUOTE]That happens at times. My first PSN Card at Meijer didn't work (which I blogged about and my story is all over the internet) because Meijer sold it a day too earlier (before SCEA could activate it). The system has to work to put value on gaming cards, or else they have $0 or 0 points on them.

[quote name='SDC']Yeah, I'm sure that is the reason. Wii/MS Points are at least a specialized "currency" so it isn't a straight transfer. Or somesuch.[/QUOTE]Well, MS Points at more retailers now have to be activated at the register to work (like giftcards). Previously it was packaged merchandise that already worked (where if someone stole it, it would work). I believe XBL points wouldn't work if they were the same as PSN Cards where you work. Wii Points are like the older XBL Cards.

[quote name='PhrostByte']eBay has them for 25% off. :p[/quote]

Yeah if you can find a seller who isn't selling them for above face value and it's only a 5% difference.

[quote name='Marion517']Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know if it's the same Ads that you can pick-up in store, or if I should buy a paper today?[/quote]

It is, it's inside the General Merchandise sales Ad.

Man, if only i was in the states. I wanted the colour and the shape by foo fighters but have no money for it on my US account. Stupid geographic location =[

any chance somebody could pick me up a $20?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yeah then how come I see loads of 1600 point cards being sold for close to $30?[/quote]

You're right about the 1600 point cards but look at the 4000 point cards.

iconNew_16x16.gif
4000 MICROSOFT POINTS XBOX360 LIVE ZUNE BRAND NEW 4000
**FREE SHIPPING** BRAND NEW UNUSED 4000 MICROSOFT POINT Price: 41.99 Free S/H

logo_paypalPP_16x16.gif
bin_15x54.gif

Not bad huh? The rebate would give you 10.4975 off bringing the total to 31.95. Can't beat that... the eBay 10% off coupon would make it even cheaper.

So which one do you want to pay $30 for? The 1600 or the 4000? :]

Anyone pick them up today? I can't get to Meijer and I only have like $3 in my wallet, so I can't get one at the moment. Sucks because there appears to be many SingStar songs I want coming, along with Soldner-X getting a release date/price.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You're right about the 1600 point cards but look at the 4000 point cards.

Not bad huh? The rebate would give you 10.4975 off bringing the total to 31.95. Can't beat that... the eBay 10% off coupon would make it even cheaper.

So which one do you want to pay $30 for? The 1600 or the 4000? :][/QUOTE]

Lowest I could find yesterday was $48(shipped), but I bit anyway with the 10% off coupon and the 25% cashback ($12)

[quote name='Corvin']Lowest I could find yesterday was $48(shipped), but I bit anyway with the 10% off coupon and the 25% cashback ($12)[/quote]

Definitely better than $49.99 - $9.998 + state sales tax right?

I picked one up at Meijer today. I thought it was retarded how you have to pay tax on these cards ... I feel like I am being double taxed, as I assume the PSN games have tax included in the price?

I can't complain though, because I got a $50 card for about $42. I checked on eBay, and with the 10% coupon and cashback I could save about 4 more dollars, but I still bit on the Meijer deal.

Meijer had the ads laying out at the front of the store, and they probably had around 30-40 $50 cards and around 20-30 $20 cards, so they have tons left.

I might try to pick up more after work today, we shall see. I am hoping to score some decent BF deals on PSN come Thursday :)

[quote name='MattVid']I picked one up at Meijer today. I thought it was retarded how you have to pay tax on these cards ... I feel like I am being double taxed, as I assume the PSN games have tax included in the price?

I can't complain though, because I got a $50 card for about $42. I checked on eBay, and with the 10% coupon and cashback I could save about 4 more dollars, but I still bit on the Meijer deal.

Meijer had the ads laying out at the front of the store, and they probably had around 30-40 $50 cards and around 20-30 $20 cards, so they have tons left.

I might try to pick up more after work today, we shall see. I am hoping to score some decent BF deals on PSN come Thursday :)[/QUOTE]

They should NOT charge TAX on these. The PSN Store will ALSO tax the purchase, so you are being double taxed. I was going to pick one up, but I may pass now. I have GameRush credit and my credit is generally better than 20% off.

[quote name='doubledown']They should NOT charge TAX on these. The PSN Store will ALSO tax the purchase, so you are being double taxed. I was going to pick one up, but I may pass now. I have GameRush credit and my credit is generally better than 20% off.[/quote]

How can Meijer be that clueless to double tax these? They have to be activated, so you know they have to pay special attention to them when they put them in the system.

[quote name='turls']How can Meijer be that clueless to double tax these? They have to be activated, so you know they have to pay special attention to them when they put them in the system.[/QUOTE]

I believe Blockbuster is also double-taxing these.....so, Meijer is not the only clueless store.

[quote name='doubledown']They should NOT charge TAX on these. The PSN Store will ALSO tax the purchase, so you are being double taxed. I was going to pick one up, but I may pass now. I have GameRush credit and my credit is generally better than 20% off.[/quote]
It just goes to show, this is only a deal at all if you have the 20% off. I was surprised it was taxed. I was going to ask someone, but I had to be at work. And a couple minutes at work is about a dollar for me, so screw it, haha.

It is rediculous that you have to pay $54 dollars or so for a $50 value on the PSN ... thank goodness I have a credit card.

Damn it. I can't make it to Meijer today. I would have been happy to snag me a PSN card.

Stupid work and Meijer being an hour away.

Laws vary by state and, for Michigan at least, it appears to be appropriate to charge sales tax on these. The topic has been covered in other threads - I'm too lazy to link or rehash the arguments though. If you can prove (by citing to state law) that they should NOT be charging sales tax on these but are, then let us all know - you can get a class action suit going and I can take my receipt to my local store and try to get a refund plus for them improperly charging me. IIRC I think it was a refund x3 for that.

I just wanted to say that the Meijer in Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor-Saline Rd.) didn't charge tax on the 12Month +1 XBL membership card. I picked one up today.

I want to say it varies as well. I had bought a card once at the perrysburg,OH. meijer and was not charged tax. At the Oregon, OH. meijer I was charged tax on it.

I just got back from Arlington Heights, IL's Meijer and they had no idea what I was talking about. There was a skinny kid working customer service and I asked him for a price check and he said, "Uhhhm, what do you mean?" in this really gay voice. I told him I heard about it being 20% off today and he checked and it was $50. I did a price check in the aisles and it said "PS2 assign" or something like that. It said $50. I went to check out and the lady said she couldn't check the price without activating the PSN card. I didn't want problems not being able to return it or something so I just walked out. I'm very disappointed in you guys.
Just kidding about the disappointment. I can't quit you guys.

Edit: I'm a moron and failed to realize there was a coupon required. I didn't think I'd find myself at Meijer's today, so I never read this thread carefully. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN cards were wiped clean at my Meijer. There were 3-4 ads sitting on the shelf, next to where the cards would be, with the coupon cut out.

bread's done
Back