Meijer PSN Card/XBL Cards/PC Gaming Cards 20% off B&M *11/25 Only*

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 MattVid

MattVid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

They should NOT charge TAX on these. The PSN Store will ALSO tax the purchase, so you are being double taxed. I was going to pick one up, but I may pass now. I have GameRush credit and my credit is generally better than 20% off.

It just goes to show, this is only a deal at all if you have the 20% off. I was surprised it was taxed. I was going to ask someone, but I had to be at work. And a couple minutes at work is about a dollar for me, so screw it, haha.

It is rediculous that you have to pay $54 dollars or so for a $50 value on the PSN ... thank goodness I have a credit card.
Regards,
MattVid
Now Playing:
:pc:: Aion, Champions Online, Crysis, SCII, L4D 2
:ps3:: Read Dead Redemption, Prototype
:psp:: Nothing
:ds:-i: Zelda: Spirit Tracks
:wii:: New SMB, Wii Sports Resort

#32 Abalistar

Abalistar

Johnny Come Always

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Damn it. I can't make it to Meijer today. I would have been happy to snag me a PSN card.

Stupid work and Meijer being an hour away.

#33 mxyzplik

mxyzplik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Laws vary by state and, for Michigan at least, it appears to be appropriate to charge sales tax on these. The topic has been covered in other threads - I'm too lazy to link or rehash the arguments though. If you can prove (by citing to state law) that they should NOT be charging sales tax on these but are, then let us all know - you can get a class action suit going and I can take my receipt to my local store and try to get a refund plus for them improperly charging me. IIRC I think it was a refund x3 for that.

#34 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

I just wanted to say that the Meijer in Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor-Saline Rd.) didn't charge tax on the 12Month +1 XBL membership card. I picked one up today.

#35 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

I want to say it varies as well. I had bought a card once at the perrysburg,OH. meijer and was not charged tax. At the Oregon, OH. meijer I was charged tax on it.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#36 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Got two point cards and wasn't charged tax at Lima, OH
Posted Image

#37 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:02 AM

Thanks so much Mana Knight! Great Deal, $50 card for $40. Free money!

#38 mxyzplik

mxyzplik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

Got two point cards in MI and wasn't charged tax. Sweet.

#39 FrankieFiero

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

No tax for me in Northville, MI either - $50 PSN card for $40...

#40 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:40 AM

I just got back from Arlington Heights, IL's Meijer and they had no idea what I was talking about. There was a skinny kid working customer service and I asked him for a price check and he said, "Uhhhm, what do you mean?" in this really gay voice. I told him I heard about it being 20% off today and he checked and it was $50. I did a price check in the aisles and it said "PS2 assign" or something like that. It said $50. I went to check out and the lady said she couldn't check the price without activating the PSN card. I didn't want problems not being able to return it or something so I just walked out. I'm very disappointed in you guys.
Just kidding about the disappointment. I can't quit you guys.

Edit: I'm a moron and failed to realize there was a coupon required. I didn't think I'd find myself at Meijer's today, so I never read this thread carefully. My bad.

Edited by Amerijapoxicano, 26 November 2008 - 05:50 AM.

#41 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

PSN cards were wiped clean at my Meijer. There were 3-4 ads sitting on the shelf, next to where the cards would be, with the coupon cut out.

#42 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

am I missing something? I cant find the coupon in the ad

#43 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Got 6x $20 PSN cards and didn't have to pay tax in Bolingbrook, IL.

Thanks, TMK!