xVampx = scammer seller be aware

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Sold him a copy of L4D via paypal, and apparently he stole someone's paypal's account and made a payment with it.

his actual email is [email protected]

The real paypal owner charged back on me.

his CAG's id = xvampx

just so u guys know :)

[quote name='DarkRequiem']Never heard of the guy. Thanks for the heads up, and glad things worked out on your end![/quote]

not sure what is going to happen with paypal, they will investigate and then decide if they will reverse the charges I guess.

Either way, the real paypal owner or myself loses money, and xVampx gets away with a free copy of L4D.

sucks.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']not sure what is going to happen with paypal, they will investigate and then decide if they will reverse the charges I guess.

Either way, the real paypal owner or myself loses money, and xVampx gets away with a free copy of L4D.

sucks.[/quote]

Oh I see, I read wrong and thought the dude got his account back in time and paid you back...

That sucks bud, I really hope it works out in the best possible way. Sorry you had to get scammed. :/

Do you still have the address? You might want to contact the post office you sent to and notify them that someone is committing mail fraud at that address. It might save future sellers from getting scammed.

Well that was a disaster narrowly missed on my part, as he was contacting me earlier in the evening Saturday about L4D and I was about to sell to him but at the last minute my girlfriend decided she wanted to keep her copy.

I really don't understand why some people think its okay to do these kinds of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PuppetYuber']not sure what is going to happen with paypal, they will investigate and then decide if they will reverse the charges I guess.

sucks.[/quote]

Um, was his address confirmed? If not, you should never ship to an unconfirmed address for the exact reason you just got. If it was confirmed, it is the paypal owners address and he is just pulling your string. HE gets a free copy of L4D and his money back.

[quote name='Layziebones']Um, was his address confirmed? If not, you should never ship to an unconfirmed address for the exact reason you just got. If it was confirmed, it is the paypal owners address and he is just pulling your string. HE gets a free copy of L4D and his money back.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']This was gift via steam, so there wasn't any actual shipment.
His paypal charge back argument was basically "unauthorized payment", I am not really sure if it is his actual paypal account, or he is just playing dumb. Either way I have screenshot of all the conversation via msn / steam / CAG uploaded to paypal, which indicate the buyer is aware of the transaction, and he has agreed to send money. If I was working for paypal resolution center, it should be pretty obvious that the buyer is trying to scam the seller. However this is a credit card payment via a paypal account, so I am not 100% sure what is going to happen. Hopefull I don't lose the money :(

edit: he didn't charge back because he never received the item. he charged back because this was an "unauthorize payment". which is.. lol.[/quote]
He's trying to play dumb and get L4D for free. Give Paypal all the screenshots of the conversation and kick this bastard's ass.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']zzz, charges reversed. lost 45 dollars / a copy of L4D[/quote]

Scam confirmed. I hope we see less of these threads. Sorry this happened.

Dude, report this to steam, because selling steam copies is ILLEGAL!

So show them that you and him made a transcation and your account info, and WHAM. hes fucked.

And i know they will because i tried to sell a Steam Account back around i think 2005? maybe 2006.. because it was a 4 digit steam id *Got Steam when it was leaked out*

So yep. >.< oh well

bread's done
Back