Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Black Friday Sale 2008 $10 Coupon - Expires 12/1/2008 - Subscribers Only

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

You may have to hit KEEP IT NOW before you get it though (depends where you are)

Good chance they will not ship out TRIGGER till Friday since it shows a Thusday release

coupon expires MONDAY

i know if they shipped me Trigger on friday i would not get it till TUESDAY or WEDS

I know, I really don't have any options though. Have to send my game back today then and just hope. Worst case, I get no game for this and I just reset my Q back to were it was and get Prince of Persia or if I get one of my games I get to use it. Long shot but worth it, since I aint gonna be at home anyway until Monday night, so everything will happen with no real proof or game. AAAaaaahhhhh!

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#32 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

just to clarify...can you stack the coupons you have toward a purchase? for instance, i have a $5 coupon for passing the 3 month mark and the $10 BF coupon. can i use them on one purchase?

Yes you can stack coupons. I just got a $5 coupon yesterday and now today it says I have $15 in credit. Sweeeet. I might either get Left 4 Dead or Soul Caliber IV.

:beer:

#33 rujin

rujin

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

Edit nevermind Mod please delete...should have read title before posting. My mistake.

#34 dresum

dresum

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

I think I might finally buy Uncharted, 23.99 is a pretty sweet deal.

#35 Thunderscope

Thunderscope

too cheap for a title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

awesome, $23 for Soul Calibur 4!
-Cheap Ass Gamer Addict-

#36 xx2541

xx2541

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

Just FYI:

I just tried this $10 coupon on Supreme Commander which is $19.99. I got a message back stating that Coupon code XXXXXXX cannot be used on orders under $30.00.

Bummer. I was hoping to get this for 10 bux.

#37 VGI-Shinobi

VGI-Shinobi

Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

GF has been as slow as snail. It has been 5 days since they have received one of my returns but they still haven't shipped anything out to me. Games on my Q are Mortal Kombat v. DC, COD WAW, TR Underworld, and Mirror's Edge. I'm still deciding whether I should use the $10 toward Uncharted or Disgaea 3. Already beat Uncharted when it came out last year but I'd definitely like to play it again. On the other hand, Disgaea 3 has a lot of playing values. Decisions.

Game Store in KC

www.facebook.com/gamersparadisekc

#38 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

Nice, I'm going to keep my copy of Left 4 Dead.

I might do the same. $35. but I'd almost rather have the PC version for mods and support down the line.

#39 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

GF has been as slow as snail. It has been 5 days since they have received one of my returns but they still haven't shipped anything out to me. Games on my Q are Mortal Kombat v. DC, COD WAW, TR Underworld, and Mirror's Edge.

What do you expect? Those are all new release games. Put some old games on there and they will ship (even ones a few weeks old will probably ship).

#40 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

Wow. The 2nd post in this thread says it is only good for $30 and up. I guess some of us only read the titles ;)

#41 vwbeetlvr

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

I think i did pretty good. I got Scene It! Box Office Smash for 16.xx Shipped with tax. It's 40 brand new. It's a good game to have when people come over. I beat the crap out of everyone in that game so I usually have to sit out while they play.

538006.png

#42 zegolf

zegolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

GF has been as slow as snail. It has been 5 days since they have received one of my returns but they still haven't shipped anything out to me. Games on my Q are Mortal Kombat v. DC, COD WAW, TR Underworld, and Mirror's Edge. I'm still deciding whether I should use the $10 toward Uncharted or Disgaea 3. Already beat Uncharted when it came out last year but I'd definitely like to play it again. On the other hand, Disgaea 3 has a lot of playing values. Decisions.

Had the same problem. Wrote to them about it. Someone already said it, but to reiterate, here's what they said...

"We ship games based on the length of time that you have been waiting for a game (once a return is received in our facility) and the time the desired available game was placed in your GameQ. We pay close attention to our inventory levels and re-order key titles regularly but our inventory status is also dependent on the number of games returned by other members.

We understand that our members want both their first choice and rapid shipping. While we try to meet these expectations every time, exceptions occur where the top ranked item is not available and we realize that it can be frustrating.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

GameFly Customer Service"

edit: turls was the one that said it.

Edited by zegolf, 25 November 2008 - 06:49 PM.
It was turls that said it.

#43 Skylander7

Skylander7

Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Kind of a sidetracked question... is the Tampa distribution center slow as hell? I often have to wait a week-2 weeks for them to ship another game out to me. Really sweet deal though, seems like they have some decent deals going on right now. This may push me into using the "keep it" price on Fallout 3 :)

#44 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

I think i did pretty good. I got Scene It! Box Office Smash for 16.xx Shipped with tax. It's 40 brand new. It's a good game to have when people come over. I beat the crap out of everyone in that game so I usually have to sit out while they play.

I've been waiting for that game for some time now. It's LOW availability and I'm dying to use this coupon on it. May have to go with Chrono Trigger instead.

#45 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for pointing this out! I will be keeping my Oblivion GOTY for $20 after stacking my two coupons. SWEET!

Although first I'm going to recheck the condition of both discs when I get home tonight to make sure they are in good condition before I pull the trigger.

#46 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

Fuck, I don't get my $5 coupon and 10% off for another 10 days:cry:
Posted Image

#47 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

Thank you! I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise. Now I need to figure out a game that I want...

#48 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

I'm seriously starting to regret cancelling my account last week. At first I was mad that I forgot to use my $5 voucher, and now this.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#49 gaelan

gaelan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:45 AM

I just bought Saints Row 2 yesterday. Crap

Same boat. I just bought GoW2 yesterday.

#50 gaelan

gaelan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

can anyone confirm if this coupon can be used with the $42.95 gift certificate purchase?

i went to the gc page, but did not see a section to enter coupon codes. i am hesitant to hit the continue button for fear that they will charge my account without a confirmation page.

#51 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:53 AM

I doubt you can use this on a GC purchase. On the GC page, it clearly says you cannot combine them with other offers or discounts. If you could use it, I'd be on it, though.

#52 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

Wow, got the email of this as well and checked all the games in their store. The only thing that was 1) 30 bucks or more and 2) not a game I own or interesting was COD4. So I guess I'm grabbing COD4 for 26 bucks, cool. Man I just grabbed two games from them like last week from their November sale. Was going to ask for the COD4 GOTY ed for Christmas but that would be 60 bucks.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#53 DemonAlcohol

DemonAlcohol

Diabolic Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

Nice. I was going to get Super Smash Bros Brawl last week when it was $30 + tax. Picked it up right now for $26 shipped.

Posted Image

#54 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

For what it's worth, it looks like the discount counts against you for the $30 target. The ones that are *just* under $30 end up working thanks to sales tax, but if you're too far under $30 thanks to the discount, no dice.

#55 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

No, I take that back. Ignore me, I'm a damn dirty wronghead.

#56 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

hmm. They just shipped Chrono Trigger for DS to me today. With my 10% discount the price is 29.69. With tax i should be over $30. With the coupon I could get it new for $20ish. I seriously buy more games from gamefly than anywhere else.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

hmm. They just shipped Chrono Trigger for DS to me today. With my 10% discount the price is 29.69. With tax i should be over $30. With the coupon I could get it new for $20ish. I seriously buy more games from gamefly than anywhere else.

Agreed, I am now very close to being broke. My second fav games place is Amazon because of the free shipping as well.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#58 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

God damnit, ship me Gears of War 2!!! I accidentally had them send me LBP instead of GoW2 and now I wanna use the $15 I have ($5 reward + 10) along with my discount to get it for $30!!

SHIP DAMN YOU, SHIP!!!

#59 dannydumbass

dannydumbass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:57 PM

anyone have the coupon code they dont plan on using? i dont know if they can be shared but there is couple games i wanna pick up.

already got ratchet and clank: Future tools of destruction for 20.69

#60 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

anyone have the coupon code they dont plan on using? i dont know if they can be shared but there is couple games i wanna pick up.

already got ratchet and clank: Future tools of destruction for 20.69

dannydumbass: I'm going to PM you with my code. Enjoy! :D

I play DS games primarily, so this coupon deal, while still generally cool, leaves me out in the cold :( I wouldn't feel so bad if they had an actual shopping cart system that I could buy/keep multiple games in and then check out, but it seems to me that I can only ever buy one game at a time.