Photo
- - - - -

TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#61 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Well, im sure it would have been put on RFD regardless. It was just a matter of time.
Posted Image

#62 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

hopefully the Kitchener TrU will have a good selection...I think I'm going to get Dead Space from the Black Friday sale at Target, ends up being slightly cheaper than buying it through the B2G1F.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#63 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well we're effectively fucked in the ass. My area is pretty RFD free (maybe 'cause it's a rich area? Dunno if it's because of this though) so hopefully my out-of-the-way Toys 'R Us will have its asshole free from RFD ravaging.

I'm kinda glad I told work I was gonna start late XD this way I can get in on this when they open, I only really want Left 4 Dead and a few others anyway.

WOW!
I'm SHOCKED!
I thought you get it at COST+10%?
I was also told that collectors and regular editions are the same!! cost-wise that is!
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#64 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Well, im sure it would have been put on RFD regardless. It was just a matter of time.

It was up two hours after our thread.

#65 jarjarrick

jarjarrick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

Check carefully if you are buying more than 3 games at a time.
Last year the system takes off the lowest priced games in the transaction.
For example, if you bought 3 games at $20 and 3 games at $30, you would expect to get $50 off but the system took $40 off instead.
I had to cancel the transcation and re-did them 3 at a time. :roll:

#66 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

WOW!
I'm SHOCKED!
I thought you get it at COST+10%?
I was also told that collectors and regular editions are the same!! cost-wise that is!

Nah, they're only about $5 off the actual price, a little bit more for the CE that actually matter (Fallout 3, Resistance 2) but not to a point where the price is actually lower because of the +10%. But the shitty ones (Fable 2 etc) have a few bucks off (never more than $5 really).

Yeah and cost is shit too, I remember when I first started I had that misconception in my head too (that games were cheap on cost), but it's like $57.99 instead of $59.99 most of the time and the +10% kills it (the machine automatically gives us the best price... which is regular price).

It ain't all roses and clean babies on the retail side. Toys 'R Us probably has the best employee discount for games (what was it like 10% off any sale price?) but I guess if I ever want a TV I can grab one for cheap. So it evens out.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#67 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

I get 10% off. And I can do 10% off after price match >_>

But yeah, always surprised at how many people don't realize 10% + cost on video games (software and hardware) is more than retail. Why do you think retail loves used games? ;)

#68 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:00 PM

I get 10% off. And I can do 10% off after price match >_>

But yeah, always surprised at how many people don't realize 10% + cost on video games (software and hardware) is more than retail. Why do you think retail loves used games? ;)

Remember Sony losing money every time they sold a PS3? They recuperated the costs through software and accessories ($60 for an HDMI cable!)

#69 SNKMat

SNKMat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

well Fuck, I just bought went to GS yesterday and bought 2 used games and got 1 free

#70 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

... $60 for an HDMI cable!

That's standard price for HDMI cables isn't it? 360 HDMI cables are the same, and for TVs HDMI cables (without going into Monster territory) are just around that neighborhood, by Rocketfish I mean.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#71 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

$3 or less is the standard price I pay for HDMI cables :P

I remember recently one of the executives either Game Stop I said the wholesale price for a new game in the US is $48. Here's one of the best articles on Video game prices from Forbes.
Posted Image

#72 nightwing12

nightwing12

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

$3 or less is the standard price I pay for HDMI cables :P

anyone who pays more then that for a standard 3-6ft hdmi cable is a fool too. if yer paying 60 bucks for an hdmi cable it had better be 50ft+ long

#73 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

Bump, any further news? Is this in store or online as well?

#74 eday_2010

eday_2010

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:38 AM

It`s probably only in store only, so you might actually have to leave your house. Oh no!

#75 Rocky071

Rocky071

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:51 AM

I've heard about this in so many places. I think it might be pandemonium. People are kind of disgusting when it comes to good deals. And I mean this one isn't really a closely kept secret. It would be awesome, sure, but I really think it'll be more hassle than its worth.

[Are you] ready not to go to a disco on Friday night because on Saturday [you] want to have a good game?

-Arsene Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager

#76 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

My TRU is opening bright and early on 9am on Saturday. I hate waking up early on weekends but for this, I will. However, I'm unsure of which games I want to get now. I thought I had it all figured out last week.
Posted Image

#77 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

probably still get similar deal buying 3 games from amazon with the $10 off coupon, as TRU have high MRPS

#78 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:09 AM

probably still get similar deal buying 3 games from amazon with the $10 off coupon, as TRU have high MRPS

All the TRU around here have standard MSRP. Only EBgames seems to have a 'high' msrp when it comes to certain titles.

#79 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

First off, it's MSRP, second off, the prices are $59.99 for most new titles from what I can see, and lastly, some people don't want the hassle of placing three separate orders using three separate e-mails.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#80 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:39 AM

thanks, what i tried to say was TRU has higher MSRP than amazon. I am looking through their website, and the game prices are still at standar MSRP, even the old games. I went to my local TRU and the games selection weren't great, majority of the newly released games were sold out already (COD/LBP). The place is like a battlefield lol, especially the electronic section. I will still probably pick up 3 games though, but not even sure if it is across Canada. the 2 reps that were working there, never heard of the deal yet as of last saturday.

#81 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

Damn. I was excited until I saw this was a Canadian deal. Lucky Canuck bastards.

#82 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:06 AM

Damn. I was excited until I saw this was a Canadian deal. Lucky Canuck bastards.

You should not say that when you got tons of much better deals from amazon.com and elsewhere. :bomb:

#83 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:22 AM

You should not say that when you got tons of much better deals from amazon.com and elsewhere. :bomb:

Actually the deals in CANADA are sooo amazing....

$10 NEW Wii Games fron EB's trade 2 promo---10 games from that deal...
2/30 at Rogers! Cant be beat!
Buy one get one free at Rogers=$10 Wii games!!
Game of the Day deals-$5 DQ Joker/trauma centre/Bwii------NO WAY IN HELL GAMESTOP WOULD DO THAT!!!!
DS $20 brain games-Get $12 back in GIFT CARDS!!!! (points) consistantly!
Source clearance sale
$69 XBOX 360 PRO!!!
$15 HDDVD DRIVE AND REMOTE
$13 wii points...

I have yet to use Goomba's service....I get all my deals here in Canada!!! Forget about AMAZON'S video game prices!

#84 chrisryans

chrisryans

BUSTAAA WOLF!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

Wait, $69 360 Pro at the Source? Since when?

#85 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

Wait, $69 360 Pro at the Source? Since when?

No No-Dont let this get out of hand...the 360 was bought at Future Shop...

The source clearance sale-I was talking about the games I've bought!

#86 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

lol my local roger and bbv has shit collections
ppl from ontario / toronto always get all the good shit

#87 ikariwarriors

ikariwarriors

Zang Zip, the War Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

This is interesting. I don't know why this thread didn't catch my attention before now.

#88 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

Ooo damn, this is for Canada only.

#89 F0NG3R

F0NG3R

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

anyone know if this is happening in Vancouver BC ?

#90 Littleberu

Littleberu

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

And is it happening in Quebec, too?